I've been reading rumours about a now deleted tweet that claimed there's already a Season 4...

yeah but how many episodes is it?

too bad only one episode left of the season 4 :(

The chilling music they played during the woodsmen anointing scenes is apparently an excerpt for Moonlight Sonata slowed down several times.

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/music/woodsmen-beethoven-moonlight-sonata/

Also, looking forward to the second volume of Dean Hurley's Anthology!

I've been reading rumours about a now deleted tweet that claimed there's already a Season 4...

yeah but how many episodes is it?

this was actually both season 3 and 4. S3 was through episode 8, and 9-18 was season 4. so get ready for season 5.

Flol. Come to think of it, t'would make perfect sense if, had Lynch only been given 8 episodes as was originally planned, it ended on that episode.

I really need that track that plays over the end credits. Can't stop thinking about it.

dark space low..last track on the soundtrack vinyl

Good thing I put my order in for both soundtracks today

part of me thinks the end was a set up for a new series...

Felt to me like best of both worlds. Wrap up the Bob situation for some closure, but leave enough dangling threads for another series if possible.

Is another series what you want though?

Felt to me like best of both worlds. Wrap up the Bob situation for some closure, but leave enough dangling threads for another series if possible.

I really hope this is the end, to be honest.

When this season was announced, I was initially very sceptical. That scepticism was quickly subdued within the bounds of the first episode. The last episode shattered my assertion that the last episode of Season 2 couldn't be topped.

It well and truly was.

At least can be sure that if there is a continuation, it will be another winding path that resolves very little and pushes us as viewers to ponder.

The chilling music they played during the woodsmen anointing scenes is apparently an excerpt for Moonlight Sonata slowed down several times.

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/music/woodsmen-beethoven-moonlight-sonata/

Also, looking forward to the second volume of Dean Hurley's Anthology!

That musical cue is the one I keep thinking about the most. I read that earlier but forgot about it.

Bad Coop's theme was a rock song slowed down significantly 

Also the music playing when Andy got sucked into the portal to the mauve room was opera music slowed down significantly - IIRC there's a connection between Jack's palace, the fireman, the other mauve room woman (Senorita Dido I think?), and a opera house that burned down in that area long before Bobby and his father went there.

Also the music playing when Andy got sucked into the portal to the mauve room was opera music slowed down significantly - IIRC there's a connection between Jack's palace, the fireman, the other mauve room woman (Senorita Dido I think?), and a opera house that burned down in that area long before Bobby and his father went there.

Wow! I forgot about her. 

Wow! I forgot about her. 

I have to find where I saw this posted but

The woman and the Fireman (the Giant) are spirits of people who passed in the fire. Margret (the log lady)'s late husband died in a fire. We can assume that the log was actually from the same site, and serves as a connection to the Fireman and the mauve room / greater happenings in the lodges.

Ah here's the sauce

I really hope this is the end, to be honest.

When this season was announced, I was initially very sceptical. That scepticism was quickly subdued within the bounds of the first episode. The last episode shattered my assertion that the last episode of Season 2 couldn't be topped.

It well and truly was.

At least can be sure that if there is a continuation, it will be another winding path that resolves very little and pushes us as viewers to ponder.

I agree with all of the above, especially with regards to expectations. I wanted this season to be more of a definite end, but I'm not complaining about what we got because I've absolutely adored it. Besides at this point it kind of wouldn't be Twin Peaks if it was clear cut and fully wrapped up. Twin Peaks is eternally going to feel like the one that got away.

Twoism think that the 'twin' in peaks symbolises some kind of duality between the series and the brothers and the new BoC album will be announced to coincide with the season 4 announcement. Already some discussion about what gifts to buy

the gloved boy wonder. such a cop out. one of many, imo. but hey, lynch's genius and all. it got people wondering what the fuck was going on, so it must be genius, right?

to me it looked like a bunch of half developed ideas, with an attempt to make it interesting by mixing different timelines and dream vs. reality scenarios. i'm sure it's going to make more sense when you can tell which scenes belong in which timeline, or which reality. like in mulholland drive. but there's so much inconsequential stuff going on, i'm not even interested anymore. the couple of drug addicts sitting at the huge tree, where the guy put a bullet in his brain, for instance. completely inconsequential characters. no emotional connection whatsoever. should i root for them? does the scene have a deeper meaning? (and by deeper, i mean deeper than the "history repeating itself in different generations" motive)

or the poor attempts of tarantino dialogues with the tim roth/jennifer jason leigh characters. poor execution, imo. lynch used to be better at dialogues. this was just bland and inconsequential. 

sometimes even blatant fan-service. perhaps by intention. but really, does intent make up for execution? i wonder.

sure, it was tv like nothing else. but being different doesn't make it good. the acting was often piss poor. the shots were beautiful at times though. i'll give it that. that 8th episode was noteworthy and as far as i'm concerned well executed. even though the novelty is debatable. in the end you'd be better off with kubrick's 2001, imo. so if it's "like nothing else" depends mostly on your frame of reference.

the sound design was a strong point. to the point where it could almost carry the story. if not for the cringeworthy acting/dialogues. 

the most novel thing about the return was the meta thing where the 4th wall was kind of broken due to actors being actually near the end of their lives. creating a mix of reality and fiction. sometimes making you wonder whether people were commenting on eachother on a different level than the fictional story.

creative? sure! well executed? i think not. sorry. i didnt fall for its charm. and feel lynch used to be better at this. i recognise the effort that went into stringing together the different timelines/realities. and i'm sure a second viewing will improve when you know which scene belongs where. but i'm fairly certain that wouldn't make up for the execution, or the last minute efforts to converge the story "hey albert, you know about that thing a kept from you from the last 25 years? well, i tell you now and it's important so there...here's your story out of nowhere". in other words: another green glove falling out of the sky into the story. this hasn't got anything to do with missing a logical storyline. this is similar to telling a superhero story where each new problem is solved by introducing a new superpower. there comes a point where you can expect the proverbial rabbit out of the hat at any twist and turn. it kills any tension. (wanna arm-wrestle with bad coop? oooh exciting! i wonder what will happen....surprise!!!)

sorry for my rant (yeah that fucking guy again). suck it fanbois.