It's showed a red traffic light and a crackle of electricity could be heard.... right before he ran the kid over.

you mean red stop sing? i'm revisiting the episode and no red light whatsoever...

ahhhh ok this scene, it was @13:25 and the hit and run was at 35:25 so....

Wasn't the traffic light shot right before MIKE imploring Doug E Coops to wake up?

yes

One lingering question I have: Is the editing sloppy due to the sheer volume of material and tight deadlines OR is it intentionally raw with subdued reality distortions sprinkled throughout (ie. Ed's reflection in the last scene of episode 13).

These last few eps have ended with me feeling a little :-/. I really need to have my mind blown by the end.

wow bob wow you must have a big ass screen to have notice that, just re-watched that scene and yeah wtf, is it future or is it past? btw what little piece of paper did he burned on that scene?

I was rewatching the dream episode last night at work and realised the first time we see BOB speaking he's in a basement, like the basement James is exploring in the last episode, and *that* tone is playing also...

https://youtu.be/guwl1w0yFGk?t=1m39s

In which episode does James explores this basement?

edit: ah ok episode 14... it's the same basement where coop opens the final with the 315 room key door into the black lodge yeah?

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

We were discussing that earlier in chatmm. We have no idea who came out of that motel office, and the other Diane was def a clue to that.

He acted like Mr C during the sex scene.

The other reason she may have been upset is she knew she was literally fucking him into one more dimension and therefor losing him again. Possibly it was a sex magick thing, Crowley style, to get him there.

at first i thought its the beginning of the bad cooper also because of the sex scene maybe thats what diane meant by he raped her," in a emotional way".

also he acts a bit like the bad one, i think that even david lynch doesnt fully understand the ending or he was baked as hell.

There was some very subtle Mr.C vibe in there, you're right. Maybe Coop just wasn't as passionate a man with women, since Caroline happened to him (or at all) and Lynch wanted to show that... Which would make some sense, since he gave out a kind of asexual vibe in ep1 and 2. This kind of goes along with some of my thoughts on why Coop failed to have complete courage in the Lodge. Because, although a brave man, he was afraid of committing emotionally.

btw. Kavinsky, love the Le Mepris avatar you have there.

Good points. Various specifics vary but there seems to be a general consensus that this is a third Coop, or at least a coop post-return. I think his bad coop mannerisms are not a indication of being bad but more of this cold, focused part of his new personality that overshadows his warmer emotional presence.

He's becoming / became lost. This is what happend to Jeffries, Briggs, Desmond. They know all but cannot act. On the other hand folks like Gordon and Albert and Tammy...or even Hawk, Andy, and Briggs...they have an awareness of this evil but can't or won't go further.

Cooper has joined the ranks of the other Blue Rose victims and the darker fates of Laura and Sarah. They are neither dead nor alive. They have all failed to defeat evil, or at least keep it at bay, without falling out of time and space.

and right after the sex scene when he wakes up he reads the note from linda to richard... 2 birds with one stone, don't know what to make out of it... in this new alternate reality Coop is Richard and Diane is Linda? wtf...

On 5/24/2017 at 4:43 AM, fletcher said:

Also love how Cooper left his shoes behind, then got new shoes when he reappeared in the real world.  A nod to the man with one arm shoe salesman?

sorry to rain on your parade but the shoes coop got were from dougie... Jade get them for him...

Edited by Tim_J

I was rewatching the dream episode last night at work and realised the first time we see BOB speaking he's in a basement, like the basement James is exploring in the last episode, and *that* tone is playing also...

edit: ah ok episode 14... it's the same basement where coop opens the final with the 315 room key door into the black lodge yeah?

You guys are grasping for straws. The only reason they put BOB in that basement looking room was because of the alternative ending to the pilot.

You guys are grasping for straws. The only reason they put BOB in that basement looking room was because of the alternative ending to the pilot.

you're right squee, the basement of the alternate ending is in the hospital and this basement where james hears the humming is in The Great Northern hotel...

you're right squee, the basement of the alternate ending is in the hospital and this basement where james hears the humming is in The Great Northern hotel...

Yeah but what brand of cartridge does Leland prefer on his turntable?

don't remember if i saw this in watmm or discovered myself while browsing, anyway...

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6u37tg/s3e14_speeding_up_the_sound_of_the_scene/

You guys are grasping for straws. The only reason they out BOB in that basement looking room was because of the alternative ending to the pilot.

audio technica of course...

what enlightened questions should i be asking lord oscllick???

don't remember if i saw this in watmm or discovered myself while browsing, anyway...

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6u37tg/s3e14_speeding_up_the_sound_of_the_scene/

You guys are grasping for straws. The only reason they out BOB in that basement looking room was because of the alternative ending to the pilot.

audio technica of course...

what enlightened questions should i be asking lord oscllick???

Wrong, he uses an Ortofon cart.

I think this is one of the better theories. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUWGi8ICpw&feature=youtu.be

Skip to around the 2:08 mark for the main point.

And read the bio underneath the youtube video for a better explenation!

A lot of people in the comments and another forum i posted in, seem to be missing the point. They keep going on about how the producer etc. said that syncing the episodes is pointless. 

I couldn't agree more!

However i think the main point of this video (although it is synced) is to show that some of the episodes are linked together, but may not be chronological.

That match up between Laura (carrie page) screaming and then basically being drawn back into the black lodge just makes so much sense. 

Thoughts?

Read the bio though, the guy who made the video explains it so much better than me. 

A lot of people in the comments and another forum i posted in, seem to be missing the point. They keep going on about how the producer etc. said that syncing the episodes is pointless. 

I couldn't agree more!

However i think the main point of this video (although it is synced) is to show that some of the episodes are linked together, but may not be chronological.

That match up between Laura (carrie page) screaming and then basically being drawn back into the black lodge just makes so much sense. 

Thoughts?

Read the bio though, the guy who made the video explains it so much better than me.

i've seen it, makes sense, but lynch isn't supposed to make sense so, there you go, lol

wat really blows my mind is that DL ripped adventure time... Lynch - The Lich - BOB - mushroom war - atomic bomb...

I couldn't agree more!

Thoughts?

i've seen it, makes sense, but lynch isn't supposed to make sense so, there you go, lol

wat really blows my mind is that DL ripped adventure time... Lynch - The Lich - BOB - mushroom war - atomic bomb...

Something tells me you're not familiar with Lynch's previous work / themes...

Something tells me you're not familiar with Lynch's previous work / themes...

something tells me you don't have a sense of humor, obviously i was being ironic...

i find it pretty boring that the similarities didn't amuse you at all... maybe you don't watch adventure time so that makes sense... i guess...