IGNORED

Autechre - Webcast #4 (downloads here)

Guest jasondonervan

I've been listening to the broadcasts for my drive to work, and the track behind the hip-hop song on the Sunday set at about 1h 50m in is great (the one just before DM's "...silence"). Does anyone know what that track is?

I'm hearing this track being played in background before DM track, if that's what you mean

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2B41sxM0hA[/media]

That's it! Thanks, man. Excellent piece, that.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whaoh, I think i got The Residents for the first time with that webcast. "Krafty cheese" is a killer track ! Now I'm digging them seriously, their first albums are unbelievable !! (on my way to find some vinyl of them in the oldies shops here in Paris)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest bRai

It appears the above link has expired. Would anyone be so good as to reupload the set? Thanks very much!

Anyone? Please

I don't get what's the prob lem. It's still hosted on watmm:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/77907-autechre-live-radio-show-2-3-march-2013/

Also you can listen to them on Mixlr

http://mixlr.com/autechre/showreel/

If you do internet search you'll easily find out how to download stuff from there, too.

• 3 months later...

'pologies for the bump - But listening to this today (with continued thanks to jasondonervan's sterling work) made me think: How bloody long must these have taken to make ? I haven't heard the early webcasts for a while but seem to remember most of the tracks were simply crossfaded from one track to another (as I say I've not heard it for a while so that might be balls) whereas these have been beat and key matched to near perfection over the course of the 2x 12-hour sets. So yeah, I can't imagine what a huge undertaking of process this would've been !

Sorry, as you were ....

Guest jasondonervan

I used to think this back during the earlier webcasts. When I used to be arsed enough to do painfully detailed mixes myself years ago, I would agonise over the tiniest detail for hours - where to put a sample, is that beat matched up, are the tracks in key etc - and this was just for an hour long mix! The effort put into the webcasts must really be monumental, and all for free to the listener.

On a side-note, one thing that did bother me is how so many people believed that Sean & Rob (and Rob's Dad - sorry, CHATMM, you had to be there) were doing it 'live'. The Mixlr chat was full of folks talking about how they thought it was amazing that they were listening to Autechre doing a mix live... errr, two 10hour-long sets without a single hiccup? Jog on! :rolleyes:

Aww bless 'em :lol: (To be fair I think a similar thought went through my head many years ago when I found a 12 hour Kiss FM set by the Future Sound of London. Which turned out not even to be a 12 hour pre-made set but some bootleg that someone had mashed together from other Kiss FM they'd done!)

At first I thought they had some program that would match songs up by bpm and key and then S&R would tinker from there. Then I thought it was just a bunch of 1-2 hour mixes both of them put together throughout the year and finally strung together into a 12 hr set.

Guest jasondonervan

At first I thought they had some program that would match songs up by bpm and key and then S&R would tinker from there. Then I thought it was just a bunch of 1-2 hour mixes both of them put together throughout the year and finally strung together into a 12 hr set.

Nailed it.

(and thanks for your kind words re. my YT channel!)

I used to think this back during the earlier webcasts. When I used to be arsed enough to do painfully detailed mixes myself years ago, I would agonise over the tiniest detail for hours - where to put a sample, is that beat matched up, are the tracks in key etc - and this was just for an hour long mix! The effort put into the webcasts must really be monumental, and all for free to the listener.

On a side-note, one thing that did bother me is how so many people believed that Sean & Rob (and Rob's Dad - sorry, CHATMM, you had to be there) were doing it 'live'. The Mixlr chat was full of folks talking about how they thought it was amazing that they were listening to Autechre doing a mix live... errr, two 10hour-long sets without a single hiccup? Jog on! :rolleyes:

I was also in the crowd of mixing anti-artfully. Then i updated the technology and suddenly the only option for me was live mixing. I thought OK, this is actually more interesting, so i just pre-wrote on paper some notes on mixing, when previewing tracks.

How i understand these marathons are reminders of old days on pirate radio for them. The whole meaning is doing it on the fly. I recall someone saying that Rob Hall shared decks with Sean the first night. Also in one Quaristice or Oversteps interview Sean discussed how he's been introduced to live mixing programs. So i do think it really is live mixing with some preparation.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jasondonervan

Popped the full webcast up on yootoob. 10-hour-long video lols all round:

Enjoy :music:

You forgot to add hot chicks in slooow motion to justify it.

Subliminal blipverts featuring Stoya are dotted throughout... (not really)

damned, not allowed to watch it in my country

Really? Bit odd.. anyone else having any trouble?

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

damned, not allowed to watch it in my country

Really? Bit odd.. anyone else having any trouble?

it says something about an amount of recordcompagnies (probably those whose songs are featured in the mix), i'm Belgian

Archived