Autechre - Webcast #4 (downloads here)

Guest jasondonervan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dj Perlos

Full house :music:

9HQmgQS.jpg

Webcast # 1 wouldn't beavailable to d/l by any chance :-) ?? Just checking... hehe ...

My #2 & #3 Webcasts are 12:01:51 & 12:20:10 with a little cut in the beginning, can you upload your Full version please?

jasondonervan if you don't get WATMM member of the year, you AT LEAST get AE subforum member of the year.

please note these titles are not official and are subject to rules and regulations. taxes for prizes paid by the winner.

resorting these in itunes with updated artwork and all and listening to the first bit of the 2005 webcast...freaking synth chords droning for 8 minutes....lol AE

also, anyone on a mac know a good program to split the mp3 files? i'd love to have them in 1 hour chunks (someone did so with one of the xltronic streams i have and it's perfect! i'd love to do that with all the webcasts...), but all the mp3 splitting programs i've seen are on windows only.

edit: synth chords droning for 10+ minutes. lol love it.

resorting these in itunes with updated artwork and all and listening to the first bit of the 2005 webcast...freaking synth chords droning for 8 minutes....lol AE

Is that the one where they started early and played a whole bunch of unreleased synth sketches before the actual show?

Is that the one where they started early and played a whole bunch of unreleased synth sketches before the actual show?

i'm not sure if they started early or whatnot, and i'm honestly not sure if i've ever listened to the entire mix (it's 8h:21m:12s on my copy) but the first almost hour seems to be lots of synth drones with some other weird noises and such, doesn't seem to be any DJing of other people's music about 57 minutes in...so i'd say your guess is correct. i'm sure there's a tracklist of this mix somewhere.

I have it split up into tracks with titles like 'ncredunation' and 'small animal reprise' etc. I think there was a Coil remix in there somewhere too.

ID: "Spectravision" by Zero Charisma from ICASEA's "Benefit Compilation for Japan". It starts at 05:38:49 and ends at 05:42:57 in the second broadcast. It's mixed with other tracks.

I don't know how to edit a Google document, so maybe one of you guys could add it to the tracklist?

http://icasea.bandcamp.com/track/spectravision

ID: "Spectravision" by Zero Charisma from ICASEA's "Benefit Compilation for Japan". It starts at 05:38:49 and ends at 05:42:57 in the second broadcast. It's mixed with other tracks.

I don't know how to edit a Google document, so maybe one of you guys could add it to the tracklist?

http://icasea.bandcamp.com/track/spectravision

The time I listed includes the silence in the beginning of the broadcast.

i'm not sure if they started early or whatnot, and i'm honestly not sure if i've ever listened to the entire mix (it's 8h:21m:12s on my copy) but the first almost hour seems to be lots of synth drones with some other weird noises and such, doesn't seem to be any DJing of other people's music about 57 minutes in...so i'd say your guess is correct. i'm sure there's a tracklist of this mix somewhere.

I'm not sure if it's just my ears being weird but there's a weird/brilliant phenomenon about the opening sound in that set (the one that fadse in about 30 seconds from the start and keeps returning over the course of the following half hour or so). It sounds just a constant drone but when listened to on in-ear earphones whilst walking around town, my brain converts it into a whole mass of notes. Like you think of a scale rising up and down and somehow your ears hear that exact phrase you just thought of - it sounds like it's a Chinese chromatic scale to me. It's like an infinite fractal of a song that your brain chooses to zoom in to specific regions of the piece to make your own personal track.

Sorry that probably makes me sound like some mental person, but yeah that's what happens every time I listen to it. I love the opening to that set, proper monged out sounds that tingle my ears in a good way !

Guest bitroast

Here ya go, non-transcode from source:

Surgeon - Whose Bad Hands Are These? (Autechre Splunder Remix)

Haha, snap! :emotawesomepm9:

this makes me want autechre to do some more remixes (not that it feels even remotely right wanting anything extra after 2 hour album + 20 hours of radio mix). but, vocals / rap over exai style produced beats and soundscapes could sound a lot of fun^^

jasondonervan if you don't get WATMM member of the year, you AT LEAST get AE subforum member of the year.

please note these titles are not official and are subject to rules and regulations. taxes for prizes paid by the winner.

Seriously, as somebody who's been hanging out here dorking out about Autechre for 10+ years, this was huge. Thank you!

I've been listening to the broadcasts for my drive to work, and the track behind the hip-hop song on the Sunday set at about 1h 50m in is great (the one just before DM's "...silence"). Does anyone know what that track is?

I've been listening to the broadcasts for my drive to work, and the track behind the hip-hop song on the Sunday set at about 1h 50m in is great (the one just before DM's "...silence"). Does anyone know what that track is?

I'm hearing this track being played in background before DM track, if that's what you mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2B41sxM0hA

Guest homo detritus

I have never listened to music as persistently as the days following this upload, ever.

I consider it among the best gifts Ive recieved like, ever. :emb: :emb:

Lots of love in return. Just had to say it. :emb:

Am I silly for thinking that sample from the thing and what goes with it of course is just the best thing though?

I mean theres sooo many amazing bits and snippets but that just kills it for me, fuuck.

Archived