IGNORED

the president of Domino's is a weeaboo

Guest isaki

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drukqs

Has anyone on the board made some vocaloid tracks? Or at least know of any vocaloid tracks that aren't happydancecore japanese songs? Like idm or downbeat dubstep like Burial?

Domino's of Japan is completely fucked. They serve topping combinations like potatoes with mayonnaise and bonito flakes. Honestly it doesn't exactly surprise the shit out of me that they'd launch this type of incomprehensible marketing campaign. I wish them luck in their continued purveyance of a horribly bastardized version of one of America's few truly beautiful cultural innovations.

Isn't american pizza just a horrible bastardized version of italian pizza though? Every american style pizza joint I've been to in europe has sucked balls.

guys, tell me this is not badass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQi_eue52rc

[youtubehd]n0qy3JHz6X0[/youtubehd]

yeah, it reminded me of the same thing. I'd really like Ae, or possibly even better RDJ, to start exploring the limits of Vocaloid. I realize some of the guys here probably scoff at this stuff, but the choppy slightly bizarre vocals really hit my idm gspot. It's not that different from the end of Mont St. Michel, no?

I had to look up the term weeaboo because I'm slow. And now I know. That's what I was trying to get at in my latest post in the Things You Don't Like thread.

I've had Japanese pizza before. I prefer Pizza-La over Domino's in Japan tho.

Here's a Pizza-La commercial I didn't see on Japanese TV but discovered on YouTube a couple years ago. Now, tell me there isn't something fuct up about that onion @ 0:16..
[youtubehd]a6tSyDHXViM[/youtubehd]

Guest Iain C

Well Papa John is a gross conservative but I still think he runs the best pizza chain so I eat his pizza.

My favourite food is pizza

sn't american pizza just a horrible bastardized version of italian pizza though? Every american style pizza joint I've been to in europe has sucked balls.

No. It is a wonderfully bastardized version of Italian pizza. Partly because that innovation involved, um, Italians. If you ever visit the East Coast of the US (NY for sure but NJ is OK too), be sure to go get some real Italian-American pizza.

To be fair, there is also or "fusion" or "California" American version of pizza as well, which almost as terrible as Japanese pizza. It basically involves taking wonderful ingredients and then intentionally fucking up their synthesis. This involves putting things like apples or tangerines on the pizza, using a cheese that doesn't melt properly so it doesn't feel right when you bite into it, and using a disgusting mealy crust. Basically it's designed to be eaten with a fork which is fucking WRONG. Lots of folks in the states think this is what pizza is supposed to taste like and it makes me sad.

I'm not a big fan of the American take on Italian pizza either (by which I mean, the stuff you get at fancy Italian restaurants), but it's OK.

As far as I'm concerned, great pizza is a minimalist exercise, mostly of expert moisture management, in order to develop a gestalt of texture and flavor that cannot be mistaken for anything but pizza. You should be able to eat it with one hand and no utensils.

sn't american pizza just a horrible bastardized version of italian pizza though? Every american style pizza joint I've been to in europe has sucked balls.

No. It is a wonderfully bastardized version of Italian pizza. Partly because that innovation involved, um, Italians. If you ever visit the East Coast of the US (NY for sure but NJ is OK too), be sure to go get some real Italian-American pizza.

To be fair, there is also or "fusion" or "California" American version of pizza as well, which almost as terrible as Japanese pizza. It basically involves taking wonderful ingredients and then intentionally fucking up their synthesis. This involves putting things like apples or tangerines on the pizza, using a cheese that doesn't melt properly so it doesn't feel right when you bite into it, and using a disgusting mealy crust. Basically it's designed to be eaten with a fork which is fucking WRONG. Lots of folks in the states think this is what pizza is supposed to taste like and it makes me sad.

I'm not a big fan of the American take on Italian pizza either (by which I mean, the stuff you get at fancy Italian restaurants), but it's OK.

new haven CT has the best pizza in the country and possibly the planet

Apples and tangerines on pizza? Gross!!
Luckily I never had to eat anything like that.

There's a super-popular pizza joint in my city called Moose's Tooth. It's pretty much packed with customers on any given day of the week, but with good reason. They brew their own beer as well.

I also saw Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) perform in the MT parking lot in late August 2011. Best show I've seen in ages.

There's a super-popular pizza joint in my city called Moose's Tooth. It's pretty much packed with customers on any given day of the week, but with good reason. They brew their own beer as well.

Yeah, that place is exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about. I don't get why people need to fuck pizza up like that. You don't see people doing that to, say, hamburgers, at least not on such a wide scale.

Yeah, that place is exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about. I don't get why people need to fuck pizza up like that. You don't see people doing that to, say, hamburgers, at least not on such a wide scale.

The "fucking up" of the pizza depends on what toppings are used. Some of MT's toppings I like more than others. For instance, I enjoy their gyro pizza, but their spicy Thai chicken one just doesn't work. I don't mind creativity with pizza, so long as the ingredients are a proper complement to the basic cheese, sauce, and crust components.

Archived