IGNORED

the president of Domino's is a weeaboo

Guest isaki

I enjoy their gyro pizza, but their spicy Thai chicken one just doesn't work.

If this is on the menu, it's that kind of a joint. Just Say No.

tandoori chicken pizza is an abomination as well. I love tandoori chicken, and I love pizza, but you can't always put two awesome things together and expect awesome results.

This. Pizza is not a blank canvas. It's a winning formula that needn't be sullied.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone on the board made some vocaloid tracks? Or at least know of any vocaloid tracks that aren't happydancecore japanese songs? Like idm or downbeat dubstep like Burial?

well check out all the Soisong stuff by Coh vs Peter Christopherson (of Coil fame). The concept of the side project seems to be to simulate live music including a fake vocalist singing lyrics written by them. I appreciate the effort but i wasn't very impressed by how they utilized Vocaloid, it sounds better than the japanese anime crap but still pretty much 'out of the box'

and obligatory toot my own horn time, i made a song in vocaloid called 'Faux Larynx' , not really idm more of an early 2000s hip hop attempt, i ran the vocals through a bandpass and automated the living shit out of them to sound more natural

http://fluorescent-grey.bandcamp.com/album/fibrous-emerald-tendrils-1

no other modifications were done to the vocals, just a few edit points and layering of the different renders

take a listen and give me your thoughts. It's been a while since i fiddled with the plugin because the more powerful version is non real-time. You have to write your stuff in and you aren't able to hear it until you render it which could take up to a minute for a 10 second loop

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Faux Larynx

Yeah that's really nice. Doesn't actually sound synthetic to me at all. (Well, bits do, but they sound like actual vox that have been manipulated rather than fake vox trying to sound real.) Make more! If I made anything with Vocaloid I wouldn't bother with the non real-time. That would drive me nuts having to render everything before being able to hear it

Faux Larynx

Yeah that's really nice. Doesn't actually sound synthetic to me at all. (Well, bits do, but they sound like actual vox that have been manipulated rather than fake vox trying to sound real.) Make more! If I made anything with Vocaloid I wouldn't bother with the non real-time. That would drive me nuts having to render everything before being able to hear it

well thats part of the catch 22, if you only use the real-time the results will sound pretty phoney. You don't have access to 80% of the automation parameters. In the real-time version you have live control knobs to tweak the sound but the real useful parameters are not accessible in real-time.

Cause noone's mentioned it.

In the advertisment in the first post, the president of domino's japan states that domino's workers from all over japan put togeather this hatsune miku app. It made me wonder whether they were paid domino's hourly wage for this effort. Cause you know, corporate greed an all that. Well unless japanese labour laws say that if you're working in creative job X you have to be paid that jobs base rate which would be higher than pizza associate wages (or maybe not, considering what animators get).

Also, of course there's a lot of places that this vocoloid thing could go that haven't been touched. For example electronic music producers not having to hire expensive and egotistical singers, to rap and so forth over their schtuff, whilst still providing an avatar up front, to be the focus for the audience, that need that sort of thing.

nwae.

Damn, that is seriously the most sexual bread I've ever seen.... like way beyond dick shaped baguettes. That looks like 5 pussys around a messed up butthole

• 7 months later...

"Once the pizza is delivered, have some fun with Miku!" - insert insinuating smile -

Is he implying that I must fornicate my pizza quattro formaggi?

and holy sweet joseph mother mary of christ, what is up with that bread?

Archived