IGNORED

Surgeon - Whose Bad Hands Are These? (Autechre Splunder Remix)

Guest jasondonervan

Salute, Jason. Released remix was good but i like this more, since it's closer to Ae than Surgeon.

Percussion sounds in the last part of the track (before Sal Batardes mix comes in) are very reminiscent of Oversteps' d-sho qub and MoT's nth Dafuseder.b, yet their Surgeon remix was published early 2007, so it may be late version or something other mixed in.

Also the Cocteau Twins track that preceded this remix in webcast is strangely reminiscent of known(1) which we all generally thought of more as hommage to Coil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifeUpfSE3qU

Salute, Jason. Released remix was good but i like this more, since it's closer to Ae than Surgeon.

Percussion sounds in the last part of the track (before Sal Batardes mix comes in) are very reminiscent of Oversteps' d-sho qub and MoT's nth Dafuseder.b, yet their Surgeon remix was published early 2007, so it may be late version or something other mixed in.

yeah, that's what I first thought when I heard it in the mix. it's fairly SOP for ae to utilize sounds from remixes into their album tracks, or at least it was particularly during the late 90s.

Thanks a million for the track!

It's funny they mixed this into the Sal Batardes remix, because I mixed those two together when the Surgeon remix first came out, they are like different versions of the same concept several years apart.

And I totally thought the Cocteau track sounded like something off Oversteps as well, great minds think alike!

Excellent, thanks for this. Just wondering where 'Splunder' came from in the title? If it was unreleased no one would know

look above

i was literally the only one in the chat AE responded to, and it was for the identification of this track. so i deserve watmm member of the year runner-up, just sayin!

r6jN8qQ.jpg

Excellent, thanks for this. Just wondering where 'Splunder' came from in the title? If it was unreleased no one would know

look above

>>i was literally the only one in the chat AE responded to, and it was for the identification of this track. so i deserve watmm member of the year runner-up, just sayin!

r6jN8qQ.jpg

Ah, I see, I remember seeing that now you mention it, I thought they had just replied with 'confirmed'

• 7 years later...
3 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

this is so fucking good. hq version pls.

yeah! this

ae/surgeon, pls

no idea why this didn't make it to the official release, btw. i blame boc, for whatever reason. as they never release stuff ?

• 2 months later...

Archived