IGNORED

Autechre Exai Cover Art - Life Pattern

kiya

guys, hate to be a party pooper, but it's just a cool tDR typography exercise

Finally something correct is posted. ( this was confirmed in AAA. )

• Like 1

Guest skytree

guys, hate to be a party pooper, but it's just a cool tDR typography exercise

Finally something correct is posted. ( this was confirmed in AAA. )

Well there we have it then.

i was rendering at work and the distributed rendering dropped quite a few frames, essentially turning my image into exai. nice one vray..

post-6699-0-10016200-1428454532_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Had a friend visiting home with her two 5-year-olds just last week - one of them saw the Exai STICKER and said "Oh you have Minecraft!"

That 3d renderer glitch is nice.

That looks awes... Must be a way to exploit that and make some exai music vids?

batch render a fly through of some fucked up 3d model.. would be super cool.

unfortunately dont know how to recreate this, i think our network was just having problems that day?.. normally if vray cant connect to distributed rendering computers it will just render locally

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/13/2013 at 7:31 AM, manmower said:
On 12/15/2012 at 7:45 AM, Miblo said:

Regarding Conway's Game of Life, the initial Exai population of 53 cells lives for 666 generations before settling at a population of 98, with: 12 blocks, 2 boats, 1 ship, 1 pond, 1 hive, 5 blinkers and 1 glider escaping north-west.

attachicon.gif1355516967_exaigol-1024x1696.png

Yeah this,

This being a coincidence seems extremely unlikely, and if it's not then how in the fuck do you come up with that

Edited by vkxwz
  • Farnsworth 3

4 hours ago, Username said:

Big RIP to James Conway btw, who's ideas clearly have had a great influence on S&R.

on the radio stream, Sean put Conway's voice, enthusiastic and full of intuitions, over a piece of electroacoustics, as a sort of elegy

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Username said:

Big RIP to James Conway btw, who's ideas clearly have had a great influence on S&R.

Do you mean John Conway?

• Like 1

On 3/12/2013 at 11:25 AM, kiya said:

Has anybody talked about how the artwork is based off John Conway's Game of Life and Life Patterns?

It's basically Autechre going even further into the idea of regenerative music, but this time giving the hint that its more human than what they played with in the past.

If you search "game of life" here on WATMM, you'll find a lot of threads about it; the earliest one relating to Exai is in April 2015:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

If you search "game of life" here on WATMM, you'll find a lot of threads about it; the earliest one relating to Exai is in April 2015:

You're replying to a post from 2013.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I saw your reply and was like "am I going crazy.. I think my post was before that, but maybe we're all going crazy during these days.

Exai and NTS Sessions kind of look their then-record ae length. Something chunky you might take a bite out of. Elseq is like "hey, this is more of a smodgepodge continental breakfast, nibble at will"

Edited by Roo

• 9 months later...