IGNORED

Miles - Faint Hearted

Redruth

ZmwIslX.jpg

"Whittaker has long been a prolific purveyor of textured, experimentally-laced sounds. While some of his projects have put out full-length releases, Faint Hearted will be Whittaker's first album produced under his own name"

look http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=19212

modernlove http://www.modern-love.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hope so! or at least a digital version. Does my head in when things I want are Vinyl only

Edit: just did a quick search and it said this on RA

"the album will come out through Modern Love, the longtime home to most of Whittaker's musical pursuits, on 2xLP vinyl as well as digital formats."

Edit: just did a quick search and it said this on RA

"the album will come out through Modern Love, the longtime home to most of Whittaker's musical pursuits, on 2xLP vinyl as well as digital formats."

Ah - thanks for that. :)

Actually thinking about it, the LP version will probably have mp3 files included - they seem to be doing this more and more with Modern Love/Type releases recently.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Popemobile v2

This is one of the better discoveries I've made this year. It's like a journey, and a nice, rather novel mash up of different styles, often in the same song (not to make it sound jarring or anything, it ain't). Working in Demdike Stare probably gives one an interesting perspective on how sounds all go together, plus Miles is a straight up vinyl collecting freakzoid, so that 'ole mental blending can put out some quality results. This press release about it kind of sums it all up pretty well, though it's perhaps a bit bullshitty in its zealous referencing of other artists and labels. http://www.modern-love.co.uk/releases/miles-faint-hearted

Listening to the digitals at the date of release gave me a strange feeling to the whole album.- Maybe mainly because of the medium and the sterility of the MP3s. Listening days later to the vinyl opened the whole thing to me. There might be the reason that you can even pitch it with the option to play it slower makes it very listenable.

I don't think the links to Aphex and Warp are necessary. To be honest I don't figure so much out of Miles bassnotes. He is really good in creating a brooding own mix and that's it.

Top album, along with the testpressing a very very welcome new edition.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked this up today, awesome stuff... I haven't heard Facets or Unsecured yet but I plan to look into those as well after hearing this. Loran Dreams is an excellent closer. I'll be revisiting this one quite a bit I think.

• 5 weeks later...

Shit me, Unsecured is one awesome EP.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it, and i've never been into Demdike/Miles before hearing it really. I heard one of the Demdike Testpressings tracks on a Bleep podcast and am trying to track that stuff down too....

But this Unsecured EP is pretty great imo. It's got a little bit of a AE Tri Repetae feel to some of it, so that's nice. It's a good mood and sound though, I'm definitely gonna have to find some more stuff from these guys.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it, and i've never been into Demdike/Miles before hearing it really. I heard one of the Demdike Testpressings tracks on a Bleep podcast and am trying to track that stuff down too....

But this Unsecured EP is pretty great imo. It's got a little bit of a AE Tri Repetae feel to some of it, so that's nice. It's a good mood and sound though, I'm definitely gonna have to find some more stuff from these guys.

The Unsecured EP is a lot better than the Faint Hearted LP in my opinion. The LP is just a bit all over the place and doesn't really work as an album. It can be fun to dip into, but you have to be selective. How anyone can sit through Irreligious is beyond me. :-)

Try his Facets EP as well. That's great too.

Unsecured is indeed a mind-blowing LP. Faint Hearted somehow went under my radar but it's an amazing LP and I like it way more than the Elemental-phase from Demdike Stare. With their testpressings series they seem back on track as well... man, modern love delivers :happy:

Archived