IGNORED

Neil deGrasse Tyson says we're doing better than 2001: A Space Odyssey

goDel

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've known about Neil Degrasse Tyson through internet culture osmosis, but this is the first time I've watched a video of him. He's not saying anything mind blowing, but he's got a real personal way about him eh? Seems like a lovely fellow.

Guest Frankie5fingers

yeah, the guy isnt really famous for his intelligence but instead for his personality. hes one of the few scientists out there that wont talk down to you while he tries to explain concepts. he really seems like a cool guy.

He's an excellent storyteller. Not sure about his personality though. Looks like a nice guy, but in public he's creating stories first and foremost, i feel.

He's a good communicator, that's it.

Yeah, I like the dude because he does an excellent job of getting you all excited about space & stuff, & he does it without being a huge anti-theist smuggy like most popular science dudes on the internet.

One time I was really high drifting in & out of consciousness on a couch in someone's living room & there was a discovery channel documentary about the universe playing on the tv & he was narrating it & i think that was one of the first times I obtained 6th dimensional awareness (in this iteration of my life)

Guest zaphod

getting tired of seeing this guy's name everywhere. he's like a human internet meme. i'm sure he's fun to listen to, but enough already.

Archived