IGNORED

Monomachine Lem Sound Pack

Guest pixelives

Guest pixelives

Hey all,

If you are a Monomachine user, you may know that sometimes it is easy to fall into a rut sound wise.

This guy Nicolas Lem just released an official Elektron soundpack with some pretty stellar sounds.

You can preview here:

https://soundcloud.com/lemnic/mnm-demo-sound-bank-from-lem

and DL here:

http://www.elektron.se/products/monomachine?section=downloads

Cheers.

Guest pixelives

Mono really is pretty amazing. But it's not an immediate machine. Extremely deep. Took me about 4 months before I felt like I was getting results that I was looking for. Three years in and I feel like I'm still just scratching the surface. Really fulfilling piece of kit and new surprises always popping up.

Also all that searching, is not really frustrating, it's actually kind of fun.

I don't yet have an A4, but I can feel that they'll go really well together sonically.

Guest pixelives

As far as I'm concerned Elektron is the best/most important thing to happen to electronic music hardware-wise in the last decade. (Keeping controllers+DAWs, etc, out of this equation). And all of this coming out of a little Swedish company with less than 20 employees. Cenk and Daniel are super nice to boot and very accessible.

As far as I'm concerned Elektron is the best/most important thing to happen to electronic music hardware-wise in the last decade. (Keeping controllers+DAWs, etc, out of this equation). And all of this coming out of a little Swedish company with less than 20 employees. Cenk and Daniel are super nice to boot and very accessible.

I completely agree.

had the chance to meet Cenk and Johan from Elektron last Friday, by coincidence Cenk released his new album on a friend's label, so he did a live-PA at his place. they both were really positive minded and seemed very confident about the near future. Makes sense too since the A4 (unsurprisingly) sells nicely, this piece is surfing on top of the current analog wave... so Go Elektron!

i'm really happy that I also had the chance to demo them the Machinedrum app for iOS I'm working on - Cenk was really into it!

anyone download the drum pack on the elektron website for the a4? I'm really lazy and haven't even updated to the new OS yet. Apparently they just added a sub oscillator for each voice as well as CV slides ( i guess that wasn't added until just now)

Guest pixelives

I think they made the right decision to go with the A4. It also seems like it is a bit more immediate to get rocking with (though you can also go deep with it, if needed).

There's a lot of misconceptions with people "getting" some of the gear. I hear people all the time saying, "I don't like the sound of the Machinedrum" or "I sold mine bc I didn't like the sound."

Dude. Don't you realize you can SAMPLE?

I have tons of custom made kits (which has taken a long time, but it worth it) and even a dope tape saturated 909 kit in there if I want to go classic and at 12bits it sounds like 909 samples played on an SP1200.

I think this misconception has a lot to do with the relatively modular construction of parameters and how they affect one another. You really need to know what you are doing. Also don't ever forget how important that single band EQ can be on a sound.

Also that Dataline LP is great! Been rinsing that a bunch since it came out. Cenk is a genius at the live PA.

Can't wait to get my hands on an A4. The effects seems really stellar and much less idiosyncratic than on the MD/MnM.

Philing, would love to see this MD for iOS. Are you getting permission from them or just winging it?

nah it's not like i will be using their brand, it will be a third party thing. think wesen's minicommand as an app, but way more advanced. there's not much of a UI yet as I'm developing functionality first, but i've got some pretty dope pattern generator/manipulator code. for example a copy/paste mechanism where you can select arbitrary regions in a pattern, stretch, shift, bend, reverse them, and paste to the same or a different region in the same or a different pattern, including p-locks of course. it's quite powerful, and it's hard to come up with an equally powerful GUI for that haha. Then there's trig & p-lock generators, tonality filters, sample editing & transfer, snapshot management... all in all a huge construction site, but the positive feedback from the Elektron guys has boosted my motivation somewhat :]

can't wait to try out the app, sounds great. Checked out the monomachine sounds, pretty decent stuff. A lot of nice drum patches on there.

Does anyone know where to find a pack of Machinedrum UW sounds that have classic TR roland drum sounds in them already? I suppose i can do it myself but im assuming someone has already made something like that available. Mostly looking for the 909, 808, 606 and 707

hey Pixel, where do you think on Exai the monomachine pops up? I'm curious to get back into using it's synth engine and was trying to get some paddy/lead sounds like the ones that appear later in SPl9. Sounds to me like it could be a nord though, it has that really high pitched filtered sound that the monomachine is known for as well.

Guest pixelives

hey Pixel, where do you think on Exai the monomachine pops up? I'm curious to get back into using it's synth engine and was trying to get some paddy/lead sounds like the ones that appear later in SPl9. Sounds to me like it could be a nord though, it has that really high pitched filtered sound that the monomachine is known for as well.

I know I'm hearing it in places but I really can't say for certain where it is on Exai. I'm definitely hearing some digipro bass stuff. Also a bit of VO synth. SPL could be Nord modular, but I'm thinking it also could be eurorack, maybe?

I'm always striving for better pad sounds with the mono. I know they are in there, just takes a lot to get them. Those Lem kit pads are what I'm most excited about.

Also on Elektron users group there are sample kits of 707 and 606. You just have to register to DL.

Guest pixelives

awesome, its been a while since i used my monomachine's synth engine, as i found it's probably the most powerful master controller for my studio setup (with a keyboard going into it).

Yeah, I use it for internal sounds but it is basically the note-brain/sequencer for all my external midi capable synths.

now if only they could somehow update the machinedrum and monomachine OS to have unquantized recording like the A4, holy shit can't believe how good unquantized recording sounds on the A4. Has there been a fully analog drum machine before that lets you do this? The tempest can't do it.

Guest pixelives

That would be great. But I'm guessing they'll save that for whatever is coming next rhythm box wise and include it in the root code.

^ this. whatever it actually is that comes next... but apparently it might come rather soon!

about 808 samples for MD... i'm currently using the free "Cassette808" pack from here:

http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/freestuff.html

it's just 20 or so one-shots so you can just transfer all of them without sorting through...

lol as an aside, i just made the discovery that you can create wonky melodies by sequencing the A4 chorus:

(starts 1:30ish)

i love this box.

Guest pixelives

Nice. Chorus flange melody automation. Also I really like that swelling thing happening. Is that some clever sidechaining or something else?

• 4 years later...

Anyone checked out his Monomachine/OT set from roughly around when this thread was created?

Good shit. Lots of variety, just a tad cheesy in a good way (see also: Brothomstates, Proem, Lackluster, Ludvig Elblaus, early 2000s Merck) which I find refreshing during these summer months. I've been listening on repeat lately.

Archived