IGNORED

Arovane - Ve Palor

BOCfan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, you guys hating on Lillies are insane. It's my favourite album of his, but they are all good.

Samples for all tracks, and a bit of a spiel about the album, is up on n5md: http://n5md.com/discography/216/Ve-Palor

Some tracks from as far back as 2002 and others as recent as 2013... Interesting.

I'm liking it after first listen. I genuinely appreciate the fact he's disappeared for 10 years and then came back , and thought fuck it, I'm going to release an IDM album that sounds like it was produced in 2002. It would have been awful if he'd done an autechre and tried to stay hip wiv da kids.

Suffering through this album. It's rather unpleasant.

You are crazy! This is so good

IMO

My mistake... It IS good. It's not really my taste anymore, but I apologize. On second listen, this is actually a very solid release. Works for me a lot better on my stereo than with headphones.. don't know if that had anything to do with my initial impression, or what. There are still a few tracks I can do without, but not because they aren't good necessarily.

whoever said this sounds like it's from 2002 is spot on...seems like glitchy, skittering style rhythms aren't as popular as they were back in late 90's/early 2000's.

I dunno...I found this difficult to get into..I guess I've lost interest in this style of electronic music.

I was hoping for something more like Lillies or Tides.

New interview with Arovane: he talks about his break from music among other things. Worthwhile read...

http://astrangelyisolatedplace.com/2013/10/03/the-return-of-the-electronic-architect-an-interview-with-arovane/

Thanks for this.

Interesting to hear that he has a release planned for 2014 (and that it will be somewhat surprising, in his words). Being out of the game for a while has seemingly re-lit a fire in Uwe.

It's strange to hear a new album in 2013 that sounds so similar to atol scrap in particular. Not complaining though because I still really like that album. Anyone know if the vinyl is being released through any uk distributors, or was it just through the n5md shop?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest murphythecat8

The album sounds quite much like Autechre's LP5 era more or less.

indeed. its really autechry. LP5 is my favorite of autechre, but its more musical, less repetitive. This release is mindblowing. so much details. its like a world of sound. really great!

Archived