IGNORED

New album 2013

Rytme

I can tell you right now Joyrex is talking through his arse

LOL, you still don't get it - there are some things that are not made public, for various reasons, that can delay any album release - from the mundane to the more significant - and perhaps those "in the know" can't or won't say anything, as it's none of the public's business - again, there has never been an official announcement of the album coming out (yet), and the aborted attempts in previous years have unfortunately given the doubters more fuel to add to the fire - but that doesn't mean what was the plan at the time wasn't going to happen.

So you believe that all the previous rumours could in fact have been true but then the album was delayed, for whatever reason. And you say that people 'in the know' can't or won't say anything about the delay? Of course this is entirely possible, although complete speculation. But if the people 'in the know' can't or won't say anything about a delay then why are they able to say something initially about new material?!

I think it is you that doesn't get it! Because there's really no difference at all from someone 'in the know' saying there's a new album coming out & then it doesn't to me or you or anyone else saying the same thing! I think you've previously put you faith in these now obvious charaltans & it's difficult for you to accept this. Like all of us on here you really want to see some new material from the band. But I'm long since over it after such a long time & so much bullshit about a release. But you are clearly more susceptable to it & have thus far soaked up all the rumours like a sponge!

Anyway, June you say? I'll make a pledge now that if ANY new BoC material appears in June I'll get a hexagon tattooed about my person. I want to believe to. But I'm not expecting a June release by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know who your source is but given how susceptable you are to previous claims it might as well have been Ronald McDonald!! :wacko:

Bah, why bother trying to explain (again)... just re-read what I wrote, let it sink in, and you'll understand how entirely possible it was that the release was planned, then scuppered due to circumstances. Oh, there I go explaining it to you...

You've not explained anything. Just more fevered conjecture!

Anyway, left buttock on standbye in case the June thing turns out to be gospel :sad:

I can tell you right now Joyrex is talking through his arse, it aint happening in June

Did I say it was? I don't think I ever mentioned June - just "soon". If there is an exact release date, it hasn't been divulged to me, or might not be finalized.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty obvious what happened imo: mike and the other guy were close to finishing the record when mike was reaching up to the top shelf to get a flute or something when a kaleidescope fell on his head and he got amnesia. He's still a really good musician but he couldn't do any of the lush nostalgic stuff so for the last several years the other guy has been showing him loads of old movies recorded on to 16mm, warped cassette recordings of birds and bubbling brooks, faded Polaroids, etc. additionally, he's had to completely re-learn how to camp, make bonfires, play in drum circles, select northface gear and so on. At this point he's getting pretty close to figuring it all out, he's already got like 20hrs of recordings of kids laughing and he's programmed something like 200 synth patches with de-tuned drifting oscillators. So, soon my friends. Soon.

It's pretty obvious what happened imo: mike and the other guy were close to finishing the record when mike was reaching up to the top shelf to get a flute or something when a kaleidescope fell on his head and he got amnesia. He's still a really good musician but he couldn't do any of the lush nostalgic stuff so for the last several years the other guy has been showing him loads of old movies recorded on to 16mm, warped cassette recordings of birds and bubbling brooks, faded Polaroids, etc. additionally, he's had to completely re-learn how to camp, make bonfires, play in drum circles, select northface gear and so on. At this point he's getting pretty close to figuring it all out, he's already got like 20hrs of recordings of kids laughing and he's programmed something like 200 synth patches with de-tuned drifting oscillators. So, soon my friends. Soon.

holy shit that's a brilliant post, hah!

nice one

'mike and the other guy'

pmsl

You Sir, win this thread (and the internets, natch)

Guest Dogboy73

It's almost certainly closer to the truth to than this idea of a new BoC album in June this year!

It's almost certainly closer to the truth to than this idea of a new BoC album in June this year!

i dunno, the world seems just crazy enough right now for boc to release an album.

Soon = I have no clue

Boy, you're being a right arse, aren't you?

"Soon" means I was told things are happening "soon", but wasn't given a definitive date - I thought everyone understood what "soon" meant. The fact that I was told this leads me to believe either an official announcement will be made soon, where an exact release date and details will be divulged, or they're gearing up to officially state it's coming, but is too far off for a definitive release date at this point.

Also, just because I don't spill all the beans doesn't mean I haven't a clue - it means there are things that are frankly none of anyone's business and were told to me in confidence, or cannot be spoken about right now - now, if no announcement comes, and certainly no album comes, you can gloat all you want, but until that actually happens (which it won't), don't assume you know what I do or don't.

Is it like the second coming of christ and Armageddon spliced with pink unicorns all at once?

yes.....and a magic mushroom omelete washed down with a 9% belguim beer, while sat on the summit of a mountain at dusk, with golden pink rays of sunset to the south and an oncoming thunderstorm to the north.

And then everyone gets really mad because there are too many guitars. :rolleyes:

Soon = I have no clue

"Soon" means I was told things are happening "soon", but wasn't given a definitive date - I thought everyone understood what "soon" meant. The fact that I was told this leads me to believe either an official announcement will be made soon, where an exact release date and details will be divulged, or they're gearing up to officially state it's coming, but is too far off for a definitive release date at this point.

Also, just because I don't spill all the beans doesn't mean I haven't a clue - it means there are things that are frankly none of anyone's business and were told to me in confidence, or cannot be spoken about right now - now, if no announcement comes, and certainly no album comes, you can gloat all you want, but until that actually happens (which it won't), don't assume you know what I do or don't.

Is your "I told you so" thread coming soon?

Soon = I have no clue

Whose - mine or his? :emotawesomepm9:

What if the new album isn't available to the general public, nor to their peasant fanbase and only availbe to their little pagan clan who live in hollows under oak trees?

What if the new album isn't available to the general public, nor to their peasant fanbase and only availbe to their little pagan clan who live in hollows under oak trees?

Skytree will leak it!

Soon = I have no clue

Whose - mine or his? :emotawesomepm9:
Like it matters, just SOON ALREADY

Archived