IGNORED

New album 2013

Rytme

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and I think you all may owe Pixelives an apology if what I've also heard is indeed true...

Woo-hoo! Confirmation from JR (sorta)! That makes my day!

Speaking of angry BoC fans.. Factmag put up another article with some responses to the "joke"

http://www.factmag.com/2013/04/02/when-fans-attack-the-best-and-worst-reactions-to-yesterdays-boards-of-canada-hoax/

Yesterday, as is tradition, we posted an April Fool’s news story regarding a new Boards of Canada album.

Again, in keeping with FACT tradition, the news of Quetzalcoatl‘s release was pretty clearly a joke to those who read beyond the first few lines – and in the past, these things have been good-natured amongst all involved. Yesterday’s prank, however, drew some unparalleled bile from offended BoC fans in the comments section, and it’s the overreactions that we’ll remember long after we’ve forgotten, say, the made-up track titles. Sure, it’s immature, but just for one day we’d like to document them – here are the best and worst reactions to Quetzalcoatl, complete with an artists’s impression of the authors involved.

P.S. We’ll be running a big feature on BoC’s classic Music Has the Right to Children in the coming months. If, like Wibble Wobble and Correl Clay below, you genuinely took offense, then consider that an apology. Of sorts. Now, deep breaths:

pain-pain-ache-headache-smiley-emoticon-Wibble Wobble •

No seriously fuck you. I wouldn’t have heard about your publication if it wasn’t for this april fools cuntflap which you call a fuckmothering joke.

Come closer you festering pustule of humanity.

*SLAP*

Don’t fuck with me and my music. Fuck off back to dog’s arsehole licking. irrelevance

82-Angry-3D-Smiley-Shouting-Free-Vector-Track de Jour •

Can we start a petition to shut this site down? It lost its right to exist. This has killed so many fans today that capital punishment must be carried out

IconsLandVistaHalloweenEmoticonsDemo-PNGCorrel Clay •

You think this is a motherflippin’ game?!
Here’s a good April fools joke – YOU WAKING UP WITH NO GODDAMNED FINGERS TO TYPE THIS BULLSHIT ARTICLE.

smiley_angry-150x150.pngSynesthesiaeFilms •

FACT? mag? thinking of changing your name?.. seriously though your credibility just took a serious blow, if ya care about being a reputable news source that is and not just some college music blog… maybe ya might wanna try not doing something like this

sith_ewok_by_opusmyer-d3bbc3b.pngFuck yall •

You don’t fuck with BOC fans. WE WILL ENTER THE 5th dimension and ruin your mind brain. Beware when the Elves roll up in their hyperdimensional bubblies blasting their BOC

angry_emoticon_sticker-p2177381956280249Guest •

Fuck does not even remotely express the amount of hate I have for this website. But FUUUUCK YOU GUYS and your mothers and grandmothers! I will forever badmouth this website and do everything I can to stop people from coming to this site. Anyone involved in the writing of this article should go kill themselves, you are obviously a waste of space on this planet. I hope you die.

lego_smiley_sad_clip_art.jpgBrilo92 •

Holy shit!! My brother is really sick and he loves these guys. (I do too!) This is gonna make his day when we go see him tomorrow.
[NB: Provided it's a joke, this is definitely the best comment on the list.]

7579075-emoticon-holding-a-magnifying-glEl Puma Dominguez Pennock

seems ironic that FACT magazine didn’t check their FACTS before sharing this story.
[a.k.a. El Puma misses the El Point]

have you seen the kind of authoritative statements that MDG has made on here and at twoism.org?

by claiming that a Boards of Canada album is 'coming out', and by claiming that you have insider info, you're setting yourself up for a fall around here!

have you seen the kind of authoritative statements that MDG has made on here and at twoism.org?

by claiming that a Boards of Canada album is 'coming out', and by claiming that you have insider info, you're setting yourself up for a fall around here!

Osc, I don't think you understand the situation.

He knows a guy with insider info. This is different.

it was pretty mean to "announce" it this way, i'll admit that, but shit, most boc fans deserve to be fooled and maddened for the simple fact that they allow this sort of shit to madden them.

But the fact remains they haven't announced anything - FACT Mag just did this stunt on their own, without BoC/WARP's involvement.

Oh, and I think you all may owe Pixelives an apology if what I've also heard is indeed true...

We will all gladly apologize to anyone if their claims turn out to be true, including Pixelives, but when it comes to BOC leakers, you're guilty until proven innocent.

The Exai promo credentials certainly don't hurt, but this is some deep seated psychological wackness we're dealing with here. Our BoC hearts have been locked away too long. One woman can make you fly like an eagle, another can give you the strength of a lion, but only one in the cycle of life can fill your heart with wonder and the wisdom that you have known a singular joy that is a new BoC album. :emb:

Guest Lucy Faringold

If I was Columbo I'd think that Warp got in cahoots with FACT to pull the April Fools' so that they can get a little bit of publicity + some good vibes on the rebound once they announce something.

FACT pulls stunt -> Internet gets angry -> FACT mocks internet -> Internet shits self -> Warp announces release a few days later -> Internet is excited and happy and kind of forgets about the ridiculous delay because they're a bit worn out from being angry at FACT.

I would, however, like to point out that I am not Columbo (but I have watched the box-set).

If I was Columbo I'd think that Warp got in cahoots with FACT to pull the April Fools' so that they can get a little bit of publicity + some good vibes on the rebound once they announce something.

FACT pulls stunt -> Internet gets angry -> FACT mocks internet -> Internet shits self -> Warp announces release a few days later -> Internet is excited and happy and kind of forgets about the ridiculous delay because they're a bit worn out from being angry at FACT.

I would, however, like to point out that I am not Columbo (but I have watched the box-set).

LOL at "good vibes"

Guest Lucy Faringold

LOL at "good vibes"

Ok, I admit, vibrations may vary. I for one will be sacrificing an infant child and brandishing its still-beating heart in ecstatic devotion to the abominable Babalon once we get an announcement.

But then I'm old-school.

Guest Dogboy73

An apology?! Man, I'll suck his dick if a new BoC album comes out in June!!

Now, what's he going to do for all of us if this turns out to be bogus?! I'm serious.

If it comes out July 1st that doesn't count! Some penence will be in order :wink:

Guest Rabid

Speaking of angry BoC fans.. Factmag put up another article with some responses to the "joke"

http://www.factmag.com/2013/04/02/when-fans-attack-the-best-and-worst-reactions-to-yesterdays-boards-of-canada-hoax/

Yesterday, as is tradition, we posted an April Fool’s news story regarding a new Boards of Canada album.

Again, in keeping with FACT tradition, the news of Quetzalcoatl‘s release was pretty clearly a joke to those who read beyond the first few lines – and in the past, these things have been good-natured amongst all involved. Yesterday’s prank, however, drew some unparalleled bile from offended BoC fans in the comments section, and it’s the overreactions that we’ll remember long after we’ve forgotten, say, the made-up track titles. Sure, it’s immature, but just for one day we’d like to document them – here are the best and worst reactions to Quetzalcoatl, complete with an artists’s impression of the authors involved.

P.S. We’ll be running a big feature on BoC’s classic Music Has the Right to Children in the coming months. If, like Wibble Wobble and Correl Clay below, you genuinely took offense, then consider that an apology. Of sorts. Now, deep breaths:

pain-pain-ache-headache-smiley-emoticon-Wibble Wobble •

No seriously fuck you. I wouldn’t have heard about your publication if it wasn’t for this april fools cuntflap which you call a fuckmothering joke.

Come closer you festering pustule of humanity.

*SLAP*

Don’t fuck with me and my music. Fuck off back to dog’s arsehole licking. irrelevance

82-Angry-3D-Smiley-Shouting-Free-Vector-Track de Jour •

Can we start a petition to shut this site down? It lost its right to exist. This has killed so many fans today that capital punishment must be carried out

IconsLandVistaHalloweenEmoticonsDemo-PNGCorrel Clay •

You think this is a motherflippin’ game?!

Here’s a good April fools joke – YOU WAKING UP WITH NO GODDAMNED FINGERS TO TYPE THIS BULLSHIT ARTICLE.

smiley_angry-150x150.pngSynesthesiaeFilms •

FACT? mag? thinking of changing your name?.. seriously though your credibility just took a serious blow, if ya care about being a reputable news source that is and not just some college music blog… maybe ya might wanna try not doing something like this

sith_ewok_by_opusmyer-d3bbc3b.pngFuck yall •

You don’t fuck with BOC fans. WE WILL ENTER THE 5th dimension and ruin your mind brain. Beware when the Elves roll up in their hyperdimensional bubblies blasting their BOC

angry_emoticon_sticker-p2177381956280249Guest •

Fuck does not even remotely express the amount of hate I have for this website. But FUUUUCK YOU GUYS and your mothers and grandmothers! I will forever badmouth this website and do everything I can to stop people from coming to this site. Anyone involved in the writing of this article should go kill themselves, you are obviously a waste of space on this planet. I hope you die.

lego_smiley_sad_clip_art.jpgBrilo92 •

Holy shit!! My brother is really sick and he loves these guys. (I do too!) This is gonna make his day when we go see him tomorrow.

[NB: Provided it's a joke, this is definitely the best comment on the list.]

7579075-emoticon-holding-a-magnifying-glEl Puma Dominguez Pennock

seems ironic that FACT magazine didn’t check their FACTS before sharing this story.

[a.k.a. El Puma misses the El Point]

This is hilarious. BOC fans are so pathetic, seriously.

Archived