IGNORED

New album 2013

Rytme

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather see a release whenever they're ready, rather than because we've been ready for 5+ years.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, although I'm hoping for an compilation of old stuff along with the new record.

:boc:

We heard about the possibility of some vinyl repressings of "Music has the right...", "Geogaddi", and "Campfire..."--I'm really looking forward to an announcement of that, actually. I hesitated all the other times, but I've now made a list of "if you see these on vinyl for a reasonable price, you must buy them" and those albums are on that list for me.

I'd rather see a release whenever they're ready, rather than because we've been ready for 5+ years.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, although I'm hoping for an compilation of old stuff along with the new record.

:boc:

We heard about the possibility of some vinyl repressings of "Music has the right...", "Geogaddi", and "Campfire..."--I'm really looking forward to an announcement of that, actually. I hesitated all the other times, but I've now made a list of "if you see these on vinyl for a reasonable price, you must buy them" and those albums are on that list for me.

Luckily, I managed to buy all of them before they shot up in price. Well, I still paid a fair bit for them, but nothing like the Ebay/Discogs prices.

I'll pick up some copies of the repressings if they happen, since the only money they've seen from me is for 4 CDs and a T-Shirt.

It would be nice to see reissues of their previous works considering the amount of time that's passed since the last album.

Music Has... is 16 years old now!

Your spirits will rise... soon.

They will when I see something here;

ttp://warp.net/

Or here;

http://www.boardsofcanada.com/

Everything else is just the usual familiar, tried & tested, used up & spat out BoC BS!! When we hear something from the horse’s mouth so to speak THEN our spirits will rise. Then & only then because we've put up with more than our fare share of BS over the years I think everyone would agree. No surprise then that when the inevitable, 'I know a friends pet turkey who spent some time at Hexagon Sun & heard about a new album', is periodically posted it is increasingly rubbished in a hail of anti bullshit. Everyone's had quite enough of the BS thank you. Even the perpetrators have had enough. I mean where are they now?! Those that claimed they were in the know!? Pranksters at best.

Or, I dunno, perhaps plans changed? Nah, couldn't be that - when somebody says something, it MUST happen.

Do you bother thinking before you type? I mean, really - did it not ever occur to you that perhaps why the album has been delayed several times there were valid reasons behind it? And the fact that someone "in the know" says "I've heard the album is coming soon" meant at the time they repeated this for everyone else's' benefit, it in fact was "the plan" and was going to happen?

Don't get me wrong - until there is an "official" announcement, I'm not holding my breath either, but from what I've heard... it might actually finally, happen!

Oh man this could happen, oh man oh man I hope you all are for real

this could've happened over 3 years ago...

but it didn't.

It was supposed to, but sometimes life gets in the way and more important things take precedence.

I'm getting an air of Jurassic Park in that sentence...

Trying to write a cohesive response to all this "tee-hee shhhh new BoC coming soon" stuff is incredibly difficult. I'm sure someone else will say it much better than me, but surely I can't be the only one here who is annoyed by all this?

It's not even like I'm a rabid BoC fanboy. Yeah, I listen to them, but I rate other musicians as much higher on my own personal favourites. I'm not butthurt because there's no new BoC. I think I would rather the chapter were closed, if I'm totally honest.

It's more about the few 'privileged' individuals who try to make out that they shouldn't be saying anything about any such upcoming release, but keep harping on that something is coming soon (even though they're not supposed to be saying anything).

I'm in a conflicted position, because over the years I've been lucky enough to be in contact with my own personal music heroes, and I too have had 'insider' information. Sometimes I've tried to let out hints (and failed miserably for doing so) and now I've learned to basically keep my fucking mouth shut.

the whole MDG situation is proof in the pudding really. I have absolutely nothing against him at all, and I think he managed to get into a really uncomfortable position as 'unofficial (but admins say he's legit) spokesperson' for the band, and especially on here where we're quite often less forgiving. I do believe he meant well, and I'm sure I've said this before, but I really think he should've steered well clear of discussing new releases at all. Even during the Warp20 period.

I feel that the same approach would be wise for those that still post here too. Every time someone with some level of legitimacy around them posts something about an impending Boards of Canada release, by default they will be served with a massive fucking salt grinder. There will be ridicule, and tedium, and somewhere along the line the thread gets locked (rip BoC album cover thread :cry: ).

on the other hand, it's some form of promo (albeit some kind of music nerd tantric promo that never actually happens) and undoubtedly Warp would be grateful for some stirrings in the loins. (yes, retarded subtext courtesy of oscillik).

I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore. I guess it all boils down to: if you've got information that you're permitted to speak of, say it as long as it's informative and definitive. if you're not allowed to talk about it, don't talk about it. all of this "hehehehe soon" stuff is just annoying.

sorry for the babblerant. :(

joyrex pls

I find it interesting that you didn't bother to reply to this in the other thread, so I post it here in reply to that codswollop you just typed. :)

Guest P0rtralia

I Met a lady the other day in a business networking event who worked for warp records for 8 years as their PR Director but now owns her own PR company, I only found out that she worked for warp after connecting on linked in, I really want to mail her see what she knows for fear of looking like a psycho stalker..

It would be nice to see reissues of their previous works considering the amount of time that's passed since the last album.

it's not ready to drive just yet: 2013-1998=15 years

MHTRTC came out in April 1998... it's now the start of it's 16th year

Your spirits will rise... soon.

They will when I see something here;

ttp://warp.net/

Or here;

http://www.boardsofcanada.com/

Everything else is just the usual familiar, tried & tested, used up & spat out BoC BS!! When we hear something from the horse’s mouth so to speak THEN our spirits will rise. Then & only then because we've put up with more than our fare share of BS over the years I think everyone would agree. No surprise then that when the inevitable, 'I know a friends pet turkey who spent some time at Hexagon Sun & heard about a new album', is periodically posted it is increasingly rubbished in a hail of anti bullshit. Everyone's had quite enough of the BS thank you. Even the perpetrators have had enough. I mean where are they now?! Those that claimed they were in the know!? Pranksters at best.

Or, I dunno, perhaps plans changed? Nah, couldn't be that - when somebody says something, it MUST happen.

Do you bother thinking before you type? I mean, really - did it not ever occur to you that perhaps why the album has been delayed several times there were valid reasons behind it? And the fact that someone "in the know" says "I've heard the album is coming soon" meant at the time they repeated this for everyone else's' benefit, it in fact was "the plan" and was going to happen?

Don't get me wrong - until there is an "official" announcement, I'm not holding my breath either, but from what I've heard... it might actually finally, happen!

>

Oh man this could happen, oh man oh man I hope you all are for real

this could've happened over 3 years ago...

but it didn't.

It was supposed to, but sometimes life gets in the way and more important things take precedence.

I'm getting an air of Jurassic Park in that sentence...

Trying to write a cohesive response to all this "tee-hee shhhh new BoC coming soon" stuff is incredibly difficult. I'm sure someone else will say it much better than me, but surely I can't be the only one here who is annoyed by all this?

It's not even like I'm a rabid BoC fanboy. Yeah, I listen to them, but I rate other musicians as much higher on my own personal favourites. I'm not butthurt because there's no new BoC. I think I would rather the chapter were closed, if I'm totally honest.

It's more about the few 'privileged' individuals who try to make out that they shouldn't be saying anything about any such upcoming release, but keep harping on that something is coming soon (even though they're not supposed to be saying anything).

I'm in a conflicted position, because over the years I've been lucky enough to be in contact with my own personal music heroes, and I too have had 'insider' information. Sometimes I've tried to let out hints (and failed miserably for doing so) and now I've learned to basically keep my fucking mouth shut.

the whole MDG situation is proof in the pudding really. I have absolutely nothing against him at all, and I think he managed to get into a really uncomfortable position as 'unofficial (but admins say he's legit) spokesperson' for the band, and especially on here where we're quite often less forgiving. I do believe he meant well, and I'm sure I've said this before, but I really think he should've steered well clear of discussing new releases at all. Even during the Warp20 period.

I feel that the same approach would be wise for those that still post here too. Every time someone with some level of legitimacy around them posts something about an impending Boards of Canada release, by default they will be served with a massive fucking salt grinder. There will be ridicule, and tedium, and somewhere along the line the thread gets locked (rip BoC album cover thread :cry: ).

on the other hand, it's some form of promo (albeit some kind of music nerd tantric promo that never actually happens) and undoubtedly Warp would be grateful for some stirrings in the loins. (yes, retarded subtext courtesy of oscillik).

I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore. I guess it all boils down to: if you've got information that you're permitted to speak of, say it as long as it's informative and definitive. if you're not allowed to talk about it, don't talk about it. all of this "hehehehe soon" stuff is just annoying.

sorry for the babblerant. :(

joyrex pls

I find it interesting that you didn't bother to reply to this in the other thread, so I post it here in reply to that codswollop you just typed. :)

I don't read every thread, nor do I respond to every thread - who has that kind of time?

Apparently you didn't read what I replied to DogBoy - plans change. Nobody has any right to be upset unless there was an official announcement the album was coming out, and it did not. The fact that plans have been scuppered several times due to circumstances is disappointing, yes, but no reason to act like there's some conspiracy or dirty dealing going on.

Would you prefer if I and others "in the know" just kept our mouths shut all the time? Of course not. Just take it all with a grain of salt, and what comes to bear, enjoy the fact you knew early on.

Okay joyrex stop being all smug, we know you know something we don't and we are pleased for you, congratulations. I appreciate the heads up but a lot of this is taking the shine off something a lot of us have been impatiently waiting for. IMO

Cob, are you out there?

I still believe in you buddy. No matter what everyone thinks!

*starts having conversations with some imaginary friend*

I find it kinda neat that a band known for deconstructing sounds from another era, at this point actually have albums from another era, with new artists deconstructing their sounds (a lotta the vaporwave/new agey stuff coming out the last few years strikes me as sorta BoCish but with a totally exciting new drugged out ambient texture-focused sort of vibe)

it's not ready to drive just yet: 2013-1998=15 years

MHTRTC came out in April 1998... it's now the start of it's 16th year

right...so it's 15 years old. well, not even really, since it wasn't released until april 20, 1998..

tru lols

i'm embarrassed

don't be - believe it or not that was a reply to jasondonervan's photoshop from the previous page. In an epic demonstration of how little I care about developments in the BoC subforum, I posted a day late, without even bothering to refresh the page. Too cool for school!

post more covers. They will all be indexed by google

track 8 has leaked with the cover

:cerious:

wasn't gyroscope on a black metal documentary, ah i see the inspiration now...

A is to B as B is to S. Although, I want to believe.

post more covers. They will all be indexed by google

track 8 has leaked with the cover

:cerious:

wasn't gyroscope on a black metal documentary, ah i see the inspiration now...

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest Dogboy73

Or, I dunno, perhaps plans changed? Nah, couldn't be that - when somebody says something, it MUST happen. Do you bother thinking before you type? I mean, really - did it not ever occur to you that perhaps why the album has been delayed several times there were valid reasons behind it? And the fact that someone "in the know" says "I've heard the album is coming soon" meant at the time they repeated this for everyone else's' benefit, it in fact was "the plan" and was going to happen?!

So are you seriously saying that the rumour people were in fact genuine with the claims ...... But then the album got delayed for some reason?! I think it more likely all 'those people' that perpetrated the rumours were in fact talking out of their arse! I mean if they really did know something then presumably they must be farily close to the band/label. In which case what the hell are they doing blabbing about it in Internet forums?! And why did we never get rumours to the effect, 'I know someone who knows something that has said there definitely WILL NOT be a new BoC album this year', for the last however many years? Those rumours would have of course turned out to be true for some time now, giving much more credit to such people who made public the rumours than all the other bull shitters!

Guest P0rtralia

Or, I dunno, perhaps plans changed? Nah, couldn't be that - when somebody says something, it MUST happen. Do you bother thinking before you type? I mean, really - did it not ever occur to you that perhaps why the album has been delayed several times there were valid reasons behind it? And the fact that someone "in the know" says "I've heard the album is coming soon" meant at the time they repeated this for everyone else's' benefit, it in fact was "the plan" and was going to happen?!

So are you seriously saying that the rumour people were in fact genuine with the claims ...... But then the album got delayed for some reason?! I think it more likely all 'those people' that perpetrated the rumours were in fact talking out of their arse! I mean if they really did know something then presumably they must be farily close to the band/label. In which case what the hell are they doing blabbing about it in Internet forums?! And why did we never get rumours to the effect, 'I know someone who knows something that has said there definitely WILL NOT be a new BoC album this year', for the last however many years? Those rumours would have of course turned out to be true for some time now, giving much more credit to such people who made public the rumours than all the other bull shitters!

You are completely right, I think there are some on here with delusions of grandeur who have even conned themselves into thinking they are a reputable source close to the people who know of a possible release, I suppose it makes themselves feel important in their boring lives, but have the escape clause of saying well it as planned but for some reason or other due to unknown factors is delayed, it's all one big game 'sham'. Nobody has any factual evidence at all and your right the people who have stated for years saying no release planned are in fact the ones who have got it completely right. I have seen absolutely nothing anywhere to suggest to me, not even a glimmer of hope that a release will be out this year, if you know of anything different with some clear information I'm all ears?

Archived