IGNORED

µ-Ziq - XTEP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting for mine!

I think I might wait and listen to Xtep and Chewed Corners in a mega Paradinas mushroom listening session. =)

I really can't wait. What an awesome year for music it's been. Mike's really putting out this year! Hope he's got his inspiration back and we will see more next year too ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of xstep should've been on Chewed Corners.

Why do you say that? Chewed Corners is already pretty long, over an hour isn't it?

I believe the purpose of releasing xtep first was to condition his usual audience to this new style. It sounds a lot housier than his usual work, big bouncy house stabs in some songs, fairly progressive... etc.

Why do you say that? Chewed Corners is already pretty long, over an hour isn't it?

I believe the purpose of releasing xtep first was to condition his usual audience to this new style. It sounds a lot housier than his usual work, big bouncy house stabs in some songs, fairly progressive... etc.

I know, it was just a thought. Like taking out 5 of my lest favorite from Chewed Corners and replacing them with xstep tracks would make for a better, solid, listen for me. Like how great is XT for an album opening? Doesn't really matter though, as long as the music's there and I can enjoy it. It's just something that I think when an album comes out and its got some mediocre tracks and then an EP comes out with tracks that didn't make it to the album, and I think ohh why, these should've been on the album. But yeah.

Guest Gravity

xt and ritm make me very harppy

Agreed. Monj2 is sweet as well, but not in the happy way. More in the blast-it-until-your-speakers-explode sort of way.

I know, it was just a thought. Like taking out 5 of my lest favorite from Chewed Corners and replacing them with xstep tracks would make for a better, solid, listen for me. Like how great is XT for an album opening? Doesn't really matter though, as long as the music's there and I can enjoy it. It's just something that I think when an album comes out and its got some mediocre tracks and then an EP comes out with tracks that didn't make it to the album, and I think ohh why, these should've been on the album. But yeah.

Ah I understand what you mean now!

Guest murphythecat8

I'm totally in love with the new stuff Mike is putting out. what a refreshing way of making electronica music. this is pure love, this EP and chewed corners are the reason that I lvoe electronica. so damn fucking good. Ritm is a success!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

more good tracks from Mr P. i hear a lot of Orbital in this EP

Yeah, new mu-ziq is like Orbital doing Jean Michel Jarre (!) and Mega Drive soundtracks with a bit of that Pulsewidth track from SAW1 thrown in.

Archived