IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Guest Sprigg

Finally pulled the finger out and submitted my application for a Masters, plus a couple of jobs and junk. I am now feeling like a somewhat responsible human being :emotawesomepm9:

Nice! What are you getting your Masters in?

A counselor at my local community college overrode the requirements for the remedial math course I need to take so that I could actually enroll... if I ace it, I should have a high enough gpa to get financial aid again, and I can finally (re)start school! :music:

Edited by Sprigg

I had 0 alcohol on 4/5 days this work week. =)

PROUD OF YOU! <3

Thanks! =) I'm trying really hard this time. I need to do this for my health and for people that rely on me being healthy and happy. I know I can do it!

Guest Sprigg

Noice one man! I'm doing it in criminology, so pretty useless but I loved doing it at undergrad level so it makes sense to keep going even though I'll probably end up with a fuckton of debt and no job :cat: Still need to decide what I'm going to do my dissertation on though. I did drug use amongst musicians for my undergrad so I might follow that up or something... First world problems to tha max!

Heh, yeah a friend of mine has a degree in sociology, and he's been unable to find a job in his field for the last three years, so he's decided to go for his master's to stave off his debt a couple years longer. I'm hoping that I won't need to go for a master's in anything (I really, really hate school), but we'll see when we get there.

I've been itchin' to change careers and I finally started my effort to do so. Enrolled in classes for a land surveying certificate. Hell yeah NIGHT SCHOOL

PROUD OF YOU! <3

Thanks! =) I'm trying really hard this time. I need to do this for my health and for people that rely on me being healthy and happy. I know I can do it!

hell yeah man. one of the first things you will notice if youve been a constant heavy drinker is all the weight you will lose.

PROUD OF YOU! <3

hell yeah man. one of the first things you will notice if youve been a constant heavy drinker is all the weight you will lose.

No word of a lie, I went from 230lbs to 222.5lbs already since sunday... Absolutely insane how much weight you lose! Almost a first world success in its own!

The withdrawal is very scary though. The week has been chock full of seizures, one so bad that my vision went blurry for 10-15 minutes... Lots of Ativan...

BUT! I'm happy and motivated to do this! I'm going to take it one week at a time! =) But for this week I can say... SUCCESS!

Edited by StephenG

Hey guys I really appreciate the support, it goes a long way. I'm going to try and keep at this and win this thing! I know I can.

Seriously all of your positivity goes a long way. :happy:

Great job!

Your determination will sky rocket once the positive changes outweigh the nasties. One day/week at a time man.

Edited by Sprillian

This limp watmmer encourages you too SG. Remember if you're an alcoholic there is no healthy way to drink. One day at a time, sobriety will reveal itself to be the weirdest trip of all. Enjoy and stay strong!

Guest jasondonervan

After putting it off for ages, I managed to install an SSD in my desktop over the weekend. A few fussy moments aside (Samsung data migration tool, I'm looking at you) it all went to plan and now my PC boots to desktop in about 9 seconds off hitting the power button. Photoshop starts up in about 2! Happy days.

anyway i got my uni to pay me $5,000 to build a set of stairs for a dining hall. my design my rules. i boss people around. I'm like the architect and the contractor in one. amazing.

let's see your design?

After putting it off for ages, I managed to install an SSD in my desktop over the weekend. A few fussy moments aside (Samsung data migration tool, I'm looking at you) it all went to plan and now my PC boots to desktop in about 9 seconds off hitting the power button. Photoshop starts up in about 2! Happy days.

Yeah, we did this with the HTPC, was well worth it. Keep files and stuff on another drive though. Just programs and windows on the SSD.