IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

FWS: I'm so efficient at my job that I often make music while at work.

FWP: I fucking hate my job.

So I've only worked shit retail and service jobs with supervisors breathing down my neck. In higher paying jobs (where I'm assuming you have access to computers) is the work environment more relaxed? Is it like you come in during the morning knowing what you should finish that day and you do it by 12 so you can just do what you want after that?

depends very much on your workplace culture, but yes it is generally less focused on delivering a certain quota of work every day.

FWS: I'm so efficient at my job that I often make music while at work.

FWP: I fucking hate my job.

So I've only worked shit retail and service jobs with supervisors breathing down my neck. In higher paying jobs (where I'm assuming you have access to computers) is the work environment more relaxed? Is it like you come in during the morning knowing what you should finish that day and you do it by 12 so you can just do what you want after that?

depends very much on your workplace culture, but yes it is generally less focused on delivering a certain quota of work every day.

Also very much depends on what you're working with. I never knew what my day looked like at my last full-time job. There were days where my colleagues on my back from the second I stepped foot inside the office because they had a billion things for me to do. And then there were days where I worked from home and listened to podcasts and played video games.

Nevertheless, I got paid the same each month.

Yeah, I typically know what I need to do every day and it's always the same. I typically have everything banged out by noon (note the time on this reply). I'm basically killing time until I go to lunch now.

Also, it doesn't really matter when I come in. My boss is usually an hour or two behind me, and if nothing else, I can choose to work from home. I generally work when I travel, too (so it doesn't interfere with any PTO).

The office is pretty relaxed, although there are a few high-strung individuals. I have extremely little responsibility, but I'd like to get some kind of promotion or move into another position just to keep my mind occupied.

Traveling in the Balkans and just got a text from my operator that as of today due to EU regulations I don't have any roaming fees inside EU anymore.

No more looking for the wifi hotspots anymore. Noice.

Traveling in the Balkans and just got a text from my operator that as of today due to EU regulations I don't have any roaming fees inside EU anymore.

Isn't there a 10gb limit?

Isn't there a 10gb limit?

10 or 20GB limit for me but I have to check. I can't remember what's my limit at home, since I've never even reached the 10GB. I only use messaging apps and Google maps. I don't stream stuff.

Omfg, I just got a iRobot!

irobot-Roomba500-Top-View.jpg?h=397&la=e

My life is now 999% better

are these things worth it? with two dogs and a cat in a 1500sqft house i would sure love to not have to sweep nearly as much

are these things worth it? with two dogs and a cat in a 1500sqft house i would sure love to not have to sweep nearly as much

I just took it for a test drive and the floor was fairly clean already and within an hour it's little cannister was completely full. We have a cat that sheds like a motherfucker so this thing is going to be a lifesaver.

I just took it for a test drive and the floor was fairly clean already and within an hour it's little cannister was completely full. We have a cat that sheds like a motherfucker so this thing is going to be a lifesaver.

rcNwEuY.gif

Today, I finally paid off all of my credit card debt. And now, to go buy a bunch of synthesizers I probably don't need.

i got that shit 2!

you'll find out the new first world problems it gives soon! but i'd give it a very light +1% in better life, i think

i got that shit 2!

you'll find out the new first world problems it gives soon! but i'd give it a very light +1% in better life, i think

Noooo, don't say that!

Figured out how to rip the pre-gap tracks on certain cds. Hooray! Now I can listen to songs that weren't really worth the effort of ripping or hiding to begin with.

Found an eastern European import food shop in my city. First time I've been after living here for 17 years.

Decided to try a half liter can of kvass. Tastes very syrupy and malty at the same time, but not bad. A uniquely Russian beverage.

Haven't had a sip of alcohol for 4 days, and that my on-line music friend is definitely an achievement  :cool:  Promised myself to do it more often (I don't get the sweats and shakes or start howling at the moon, it's just a stupid habit that I can't be bothered to change)

Probably explains my coherent, ultra good mood....