IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

decided to trade in my car while i could still get something for it.  $5k from the dealer for an 8 year-old, 4-cyl chevy malibu LTZ with 111,000 miles is not too bad in my opinion.

went with a chevy bolt EV, and am loving the whole electric car thing.  my total battery range has been averaging about 250 - 260 miles.  only have to charge once every other week or so while only driving to work and back.  and my workplace having 220 V chargers and dedicated EV parking spots which are close to the entrance is awesome, too.

i wanted a full electric but really didn't expect to end up with a chevy.  i wanted the BMW i3, but after doing some research, the chevy really does blow it out of the water, as long as you're OK with the dorkier interior styling.

Let's hear it for the simple virtue of the pay day: of money coming into your bank account and having something to spend, be in on the essential bills keeping the roof above you or the needless trash we bring back under those aforementioned rooves*.

I earn less than others, but more than enough for ice-cream and cake and the occasional music, game or book. What else could I want in life?

*archaic spelling but I like it more than 'roofs'

at work tonight i was driving with an older guy i work with and there was a mercedes with the license plate: tr-909

guy was like, what the hell is tr-909? am i supposed to know that ? 

in risk of seeming weird i just said i didn't know

:music:

Edited by yek

Let's hear it for the simple virtue of the pay day: of money coming into your bank account and having something to spend, be in on the essential bills keeping the roof above you or the needless trash we bring back under those aforementioned rooves*.

I earn less than others, but more than enough for ice-cream and cake and the occasional music, game or book. What else could I want in life?

*archaic spelling but I like it more than 'roofs'

Counting down the days to this one.Had to replace my laptop at the beginning of the month and now I'm living on rice, offal and whisky.

ofc, come payday:

eZkeJ4f.jpg

I found a new beer that instantly made it into my top 5, Granville Island Winter Ale.  I only discover a beer of this caliber maybe once every 3 years, so this is a pretty major FWS.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Yeh, the winter ale is awesome. It's unique too, it's like a stout but with vanilla vibes. And they legit only put it out in late fall leading into winter as far as I know.

Bottles for you? With the dark blue on em?

Last Sunday my partner n I gave David Liebe Hart a 2 hour tour-by-car of SF after his performance that night. We all ended up at Denny's where David showed us manuscripts of unreleased Christian Science Hymns and sung a few of them for us between bites of his chicken-fried steak. The man is not playing a character, he is totally genuine! It was one of the most surreal nights of my life thus far.

Taken earlier before the show:

22713448_10159424228025246_5392646869043

Aye, thems be the ones.  I love that someone here actually knows the beer I'm referring too.   :beer:

They're delicious, I think me or the waifu will pick some up today! We went to the brewery last time we were in Van, the tour was nice, they had quite a few beers on tap there and it was all really fresh. 

I cannot handle stouts. Or lagers. I'm afraid my beer taste has narrowed to IPAs and pales.

Stouts.... I find bad stouts less forgiving than a mediocre IPA or lager etc. But good ones are divine.

I cannot handle stouts. Or lagers. I'm afraid my beer taste has narrowed to IPAs and pales.

Stouts.... I find bad stouts less forgiving than a mediocre IPA or lager etc. But good ones are divine.

I've heard this before. The only stout I've ever actually enjoyed was Old Rasputin but I think someone told me that's not really a stout.

Last Sunday my partner n I gave David Liebe Hart a 2 hour tour-by-car of SF after his performance that night. We all ended up at Denny's where David showed us manuscripts of unreleased Christian Science Hymns and sung a few of them for us between bites of his chicken-fried steak. The man is not playing a character, he is totally genuine! It was one of the most surreal nights of my life thus far.

Taken earlier before the show:

22713448_10159424228025246_5392646869043

That’s fucking amazing.

I've heard this before. The only stout I've ever actually enjoyed was Old Rasputin but I think someone told me that's not really a stout.

Old Rasputin is a damn fine imperial stout mah dawg. 

I really like sour beers these days. The flavor is psychedelic and earthy but it's light and refreshing. Pricey though. 

stouts are my favourite.

Old Rasputin is a damn fine imperial stout mah dawg. 

I really like sour beers these days. The flavor is psychedelic and earthy but it's light and refreshing. Pricey though. 

Ahh ok... so I already knew 1) I'm kind of a beer snob but perhaps it is also the case that 2) I actually do like good stouts, it's just that 3) most of the stouts I've tried are shit, probably because they were introduced to me by plebs. Whereas it was my pseudo-clairvoyant intuition that guided me to Rasputin.

Also I fucks with sours. I had a huckleberry once that was incredible. The Lagunitas one is decent too. Also that Sculpin Grapefruit is tasty albeit too damn sweet. Has anyone made a grape sour yet?

Edited by sweepstakes

I'll procrastinate endlessly on my final project for uni if left to my own devices so I've taken up the habit of emailing my supervisor telling him I'm already done with whatever I'm supposed to do, and scheduling appointments, when in reality I've barely started. So far I've always either done everything in time or managed to hide the missing work. This won't end well.

Edited by span

^ I've been doing something similar with my essays. I have one due tomorrow that needs 3,000 words and probably 30 references, and I haven't done sheeeeit. I'll probably start collecting research papers for it tonight, then read them all quickly and make notes as I go, and then bodge it into a paper the day after. 2-3 days late is becoming a bad habit for me. still getting decent marks, but I'm basically robbing myself of excellent marks by doing this. or rather, I'm trading them off for... staying up til 2am playing Hotline Miami, or something.

I am a sensible person.

***SPAM***

Finally got around to putting out an album I put together in March. The last step of the procrastination, after I found the perfect cover for it and a watmmer very kindly mastered it for me, was to realise it didn't really suit a spring/summer release and I should sit on it till winter.

https://salaamhelicoid.bandcamp.com/album/detached-objects

***SPAM***