IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

talked to my brother a while, he still is kind of a wacky dude but he's honestly gotten pretty critical thinking and doesn't believe every last thing on the internet anymore. He still gets like uncomfortably pissed at religion or whatever/blames institutions too much but it's gotten more jokey over time. I keep joking about stuff like maybe conspiracy guys are repressed gays or something but I finally articulated it thanks to my brother, there's like that 'never satisfied' vibe from some of those types like there's always gotta be a deeper darker conspiracy, but like it's just fun to joke the lack of satisfaction is deep down a gay sorta thing, 'looking for love in all the wrong places' etc. lel

and then I had a talk with someone else who's semi-religious without getting all internet and feeling the need to sperg out 'nu but religion is objectively bad and wrong', lol. Like we were both kinda on the same page that 'helping everyone' with no distinction being made is kinda fallacious religious thing, there's 'co-dependence' and all and lots of gray areas where people aren't being helped in the long run

Released a new EP today that I'm really proud of

imo few feelings are more satisfying than putting out a rly satisfying collection of work. any time i've done that myself it's felt as though i'd managed to live through an era of my life & successfully learn all the lessons it was trying to teach me

or something (got a link to the EP?)

i feel like as time goes on i'm gradually becoming more accepting of the fact that pursuing my personal art projects (whether or not they're recognized at all by the world) feels significantly more important to me than pursuing a career, or romance, or a normal social life. it's good because it's helping me let go of this feeling of needing to seek out things I was never that interested in in the first place, but possibly also difficult because i recognize how this obsession with making trax has led to the break up of relationships, loss of jobs, homelessness, etc & it's very very rare that i am able to articulate why it had to go down that way, in a way that makes sense to anyone else

I guess as long as you feel you're maintaining a good balance, then it's okay. It's kind of different for everyone, so I can't judge the approach of others. I feel that if I get fixated on a track or another creative project to the point where it negatively affects aspects of my life, then I try to reevaluate my strategy for getting it done.

Here's the link to the Bandcamp page: https://williamsbraintree.bandcamp.com/album/automaton-2

I just picked this up and its the first time i've listened to your music - blown away man! 

Cheers! Glad you're enjoying it!

Released a new EP today that I'm really proud of and have a phone interview for a new job that I'm super qualified for  :catrecline:

1235400.jpg

Congratulations, have been waiting on your release since I heard the snippets a few weeks ago! Sinking into the first track now at work, already feels like I'm gonna get so much done today. You've inadvertently inspired my stupid first world achievement for the day.

Uuuuuuh, two more 6/6 stars reviews of the exhibition I did the sound design and music for

is there like youtube footage or anything, I'll watch some but too lazy to backtrack the topic

unholy friggin shit look at my garden

koGbd2M.jpgggo get that precious nectar yo bees

are those poppies? You starting an opium plantation??  :catrecline:

edit: v pretty. Your yard looks like a relaxing place for spring/summer time.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

are those poppies? You starting an opium plantation?? :catrecline:

edit: v pretty. Your yard looks like a relaxing place for spring/summer time.

Nice! Overgrown gardens ftw Edited by Gocab

a friend of a friend some time after highschool started making opium. he gave a buddy and me some and we tried it, interesting sensation i don't think we got too high though but very euphoric. anyways, he was found sometime after then passed out and almost died because he took too much.

I thought he did that during highschool.  Secondhand info tho.  Or we may be talking about different people.  It's one drug I am interested in trying.  Lemme kno when the opium party's happening, Ivan.

Also, my studio was once located in a building that used to be an opium factory in Chinatown.  It was a pretty cool spce, but I couldn't do the necessary sound proofing etc. because "historical building."  So I had to move on.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I thought he did that during highschool.  Secondhand info tho.  Or we may be talking about different people.  It's one drug I am interested in trying.  Lemme kno when the opium party's happening, Ivan.

Also, my studio was once located in a building that used to be an opium factory in Chinatown.  It was a pretty cool spce, but I couldn't do the necessary sound proofing etc. because "historical building."  So I had to move on.

does his name start with an R ? yeah it could have been during highschool

Released a new EP today that I'm really proud of and have a phone interview for a new job that I'm super qualified for  :catrecline:

Congratulations, have been waiting on your release since I heard the snippets a few weeks ago! Sinking into the first track now at work, already feels like I'm gonna get so much done today. You've inadvertently inspired my stupid first world achievement for the day.

Thanks, bud! Hope you get some mileage out of it.

Poppin'.

^true but the poppy in the pic isn't opium poppy which is purple not red

There are several kinds of poppies containing opium alkaloids.

All moved in to the new place, already like 80% unpacked. Quieter walls, more space, more open layout. This place is already miles better than the shithole we were living in. People I've met in the halls have all been chill, management too. New place is gonna be good.

FWP: Upgraded my internet service today, but the signal from the living room stops right at my bedroom door.

FWS: I took an old router and ran a 50ft cable (the perfect length, actually) towards the back of the house and now my internet is buh-lazin' fast.