IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

38 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Never thought I'd try kayaking until today. Indeed I might do it again.

Isn't it scary when you flip upside down in the water?

I'm not a fan of the water, I can't swim.

When people say they can't swim, what do you mean? All you have to do to keep your head above water is wave your arms and legs around. 

24 minutes ago, yekker said:

Isn't it scary when you flip upside down in the water?

I'm not a fan of the water, I can't swim.

It was calm glacial runoff water. Paddling wasn't as difficult as I expected, but I don't know yet what it's like to flip a kayak. But I might get official kayak pool training for that very scenario if I decide to take it seriously enough.

2 minutes ago, Candiru said:

When people say they can't swim, what do you mean? All you have to do to keep your head above water is wave your arms and legs around. 

I sink... ?

After almost a year of being without a turntable, we had ours repaired. Sounding great on our secondary stereo. So happy to have it back - now have to work through a backlog of prob around 100 albums or so....

• Like 1

found a like new copy of Curtis Roads - The Computer Music Tutorial for $23

bought a used $200 video card for my 2010 mac pro that will allow me to install Mojave when the time comes, thus extending the life of my mac. 

my fw achievements revolve around good deals. i've not personally achieved anything. i did make a nice potato dish last week though. 

got a twin peaks shirt that didn't really fit me well so i ask to return it to amazon and i got this message:

Refund issued

You don't need to return the item
  • $23.53 refund issued on Jun 11, 2019.

conclusion:
just got a free shirt! yay!
Edited by Tim_J

On 6/10/2019 at 9:26 AM, Squee said:

She's not that evil yet.

tIfbKlY.jpg

This further reinforces my belief that Korg has Maine coon in her.

My old cat I had with my ex, Korg's mother, got knocked up when we were looking after my ex's parent's house. They got the house cheap like 20 years ago because the previous owner was breeding Maine Coon cats in there and it stank to high heaven.

Presumably some of those cats were escaping in to the neighbourhood and spread their DNA about...

Korg's mother was just a short haired tortie, but she came out like this:

gkUD6m1.jpg

• Like 1

Direly poor and payday not until the end of the week. Remembered LIDL, which I haven't been to in years and went there with my last tenner. I got food, cat food AND beer, all for £6.

I am a fool to've forgotten about LIDL, God Bless that store :catsalute: