IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

wanted to make this for a while ago, the idea is the opposite of the brilliantly depressing and now popular fwp thread - post your stupid, insignificant and primarily first world achievements and successes.

i (meaning sdcard recovery program) just managed to recover most of photos of that indian massive bathing thing (Kumbh Mela?) that were deleted by indian custom authorities (allegedly, because there were a lot of nudie shots) for my mom's friend. not only it's a first world success on its own but it's more like a victory of first world technology over shitty and incompetent third world indian authorities.

Scored 95 out of 100 in this math test [years ago in middle school], got a medal for it, got to choose a magazine [science] that I'd get every week for 6 months and this weird certificate. All because I was third in math in all of Holland and best of my school of course... yay me... [Engrish is suckish because I just had Japanese class [happens every single time]]

i got pissed at myself for not talking to this girl i like in one of my classes and also started bordering on a complete downfall of the mindside (I've been in what doctors might call a mixed state all day, up and down, it's really quite painful honestly)

but then i picked myself up with an abundance mentality against oneitis and said "lets be whats great"

and i started walking to the library and actually the same girl crossed my path and i kept walking like i didn't see anything.

haha. for another time. i feel like I'm in 6th grade again and I won't lie, it's a very good feeling. Nothing but puppy paws and shit here. (at the same time I am vigilant in overcoming non-abundance mentality)

but after that I was in the library for 3 hours trying to type this paper and the fucking computer wouldn't work. I felt like my mind was literally draining out of my ears. everything was sped up and fucking glitching on the computer, I never have noticed ADD so prevalent. everyone was pissing me off.

then I went to another class and... seriously, I've never felt so on the verge of completely fucking up in public. I kept hearing the teacher's voice and being on the verge of cracking up hysterically or just barging out of the class because of... weird things.

Edited by vamos scorcho

1. I've lost 60 lbs the past year and have 20 more to go before I am the most attractive person of all time

(but seriously, I feel good about myself for the most part, and I need reminding that this is a stellar acheivement of a great man. no seriously, good job. I have dedication and I also know how to do things well! Losing that much weight requires things most people will never understand, and hence I am now also holding knowledge most people are unaware of, perhaps attained through deaths of grandparents) [[[[NOTE: what this meant was that I attained knowledge of pain, self hatred, misery, aloneness, that most people probably have gained through deaths in the family. I have never faced having a really close person die so that is still foreign to me, I sometimes wonder if that is why I have trouble getting along with humorless people]]]

2. I made an excellent chili that, after making the top 10 or so chilis on Allrecipe, is superior! I could win a damn chili cookoff with my own damn recipe!

3. I put a fried egg on it

4. I started learning to see past the surface level of my comments, facial expressions, attire, and modes ("I could win a damn chili cookoff with my own damn recipe" [kill the invalid] + avatar + movements) and realized that my innate superiority is not something to be taken lightly. We all have this, it just so happens that I had a difficult upbringing and I have various confusions, I don't really care what you think, we'd all get along if people knew the truth about "I" which is just that... well, basically I need to make it easier for people to love me. I have a hardcore dictionary of information waiting to be tapped by the most beautiful girl in the world, a 6/10 to the rest but a 10/10 to me, a lovely fluid dynamic "bird" as they say. I can dance with/better than the best of them, I can talk about stars and do great poetry of the linguistics. I am not goofy. I can drive a car and make an amazing chili with fried eggs on top. I have expensive musical equipment for a person my age. I have amazing taste. I am well read, better than 99% of the people I automatically assume to be better and more normal than myself who I also assume to be more attractive. BUZZER! incorrect! I am the shit! I should love myself!

I love myself now. But who can learn love without parents of that type? The derangement, alcohol, poison seeping. I'm here, now, with y'all.

5. Selfhood

6. cleaned apartment

7. album coming along. I put on my own music last night and tore off the cobwebs of self-hatred and self-denial and started dancing in front of the mirror, and I realized that what I am working on is the future of music. And if that hadn't have happened, I would have just sat in bed getting more and more depressed. It's amazing the duality of experience, black to white.

8. It's all in your mind, in my mind. Everything. It's what you want to be, be it, know how to be it.

Knowledge how = knowledge that. Virtuoso piano players and artists are probably the same. I completely 100% lack certain communicative social characteristics, such as knowing how to work and understand others. I am sorry. I am here, with warmth, and various gifts of selfhood but I don't really know how to socialize so please forgive me. I'm not good at the back and forth. I am working on it with the "knowledge that"

Edited by vamos scorcho

2. I made an excellent chili that, after making the top 10 or so chilis on Allrecipe, is superior! I could win a damn chili cookoff with my own damn recipe!

3. I put a fried egg on it

Haha, this is perfect. Congrats man.

Also, I'm hoping for more posts like Eugene's, about how you fixed your espresso machine's loose gasket or whatever. Real first world shit. Let's do this.

my achievement is that i made this thread before but people obviously prefer complaining so it died...

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/76393-braggadocio/

I'll merge the two when i'm not flat out from a big steak dinner. No achievment by me to acknowledge here. It is a good thread idea though, both edison and swan.

my achievement is that i made this thread before but people obviously prefer complaining so it died...

I'll merge the two when i'm not flat out from a big steak dinner. No achievment by me to acknowledge here. It is a good thread idea though, both edison and swan.

don't worry about it, doesn't matter. if mine dies, it dies... no need for life support.

in 3 days you can announce that you managed to do an enormous meaty shit.

Edited by keltoi

hah, is that what happens from steak dinners, i wouldn't know, i rarely eat the stuff.

As for not merging, i can not do that as well ;-] Hey a sortov achievement. yay ..

steak always seems to 'slide through' pretty slowly for me.

if merging is easy done, go for it, but use eugene's thread title...

i announced putting my flat on the market in september, selling my flat in december, buying our new house in february ** and now finally moving into our new house in april so it would be nice to have everything together in one place. although it also doesn't really matter at all.

if it's a pain in the ass don't bother.

** also - i didn't really announce the achievement of having another beautiful daughter 4 weeks ago.

hm indeed, sorrys, i never noticed it.

no problem, great minds and all that. yours is better named.

Edited by keltoi

cheers delet... family home with garden (couple pics in my brag thread). in a really nice rural-ish town. not the city anymore :cry: ​ . looking forward to it though, it's a new chapter.

I've reverse engineered patch sysex files for the Elektron Analog Four synth and can create these computationally now. Kids these days with their modular synths, lol.

Edited by Guest