Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stupid first world achievements and successes
anti-FWP, positive public blogging

anti-FWP PPB sharing our cummies

• Please log in to reply
4583 replies to this topic

#4551 Godwin Austen

Godwin Austen

喬戈里峰

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • 13 topics
  • Joined 29-May 07

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:32 PM

@squee; make sure you get good security on that shack

#4552 Squee

Squee

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,920 posts
  • 379 topics
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:42 PM

@squee; make sure you get good security on that shack

Everything will be covered by my home insurance.

#4553 Zephyr_Nova

Zephyr_Nova

QC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,374 posts
  • 103 topics
  • Joined 25-January 06
  • Interests:huntin', fishin', shootin' a gun, watchin' the game, taxidermy.

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:58 PM

The fact that your new studio dropped onto your property via a crane is pretty amazing.

So I've been missing 2 cables that I use to charge my phone.  On a whim I decided to check the compartment of an old guitar case, where I've never in my life put such cables.  And guess what I found?  Neither of the cables I was looking for. I did however find a cable I wasn't looking for, not mine, which performs the same function.  Weird.  It's appearance is completely mysterious.

#4554 Squee

Squee

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,920 posts
  • 379 topics
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:44 AM

So I've been missing 2 cables that I use to charge my phone.  On a whim I decided to check the compartment of an old guitar case, where I've never in my life put such cables.  And guess what I found?  Neither of the cables I was looking for. I did however find a cable I wasn't looking for, not mine, which performs the same function.  Weird.  It's appearance is completely mysterious.

LOL!

The fact that your new studio dropped onto your property via a crane is pretty amazing.

It was the most nerve-wracking day ever.

I had spent the last 4 weekends chopping down trees, destroying an old shed, digging 3 feet deep holes with a gas powered earth auger, measuring, using a spirit level about 900 times to make sure everything was in order, putting down 88 pound base poles into the holes, filling them up with concrete, measure some more, and the finally put the wooden foundation in place. My whole body is aching.

Alright, so the studio arrived on a truck. It was supposed to take 1 hour for the delivery guy to put it onto the foundation I had built. His first try didn't work because the mechanical arm on the truck wasn't long enough. He then put on another one. This time the arm was long enough, but apparently the studio weighs way more than I had been told. I had been told 2 tons. He said it was more like 4 tons. So he stopped when his truck started tipping over. Fair enough. So he gave up and I stood there not knowing what the fuck to do. So I called the delivery company and lo and behold he knew someone 40 minutes away who could help out. So an hour later the biggest fucking Terminator 3 mobile crane arrived at the scene, picked up the studio and put in place - all within 40 minutes or so.

The parking spot the mobile crane was parked on is completely fucking destroyed now, hahahaha. The concrete is complete mush. But hey, the studio is in place. All I need now is to drag some power cables from my house and to the studio so I can heat it up and set up all my equipment.

#4555 messiaen

messiaen

2K, On My Way

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts
  • 221 topics
  • Joined 26-April 06

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:55 AM

I would kill a cat to have a treated, private studio on my property that wouldn't piss off my neighbours, nice one man.

#4556 Zephyr_Nova

Zephyr_Nova

QC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,374 posts
  • 103 topics
  • Joined 25-January 06
  • Interests:huntin', fishin', shootin' a gun, watchin' the game, taxidermy.

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:54 PM

Holy shit yeah, nice work indeed.

#4557 cwmbrancity

cwmbrancity

2K, On My Way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts
  • 47 topics
  • Joined 05-January 15

Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:43 PM

I would kill a cat to have a treated, private studio

009.jpg

#4558 chenGOD

chenGOD

chen is all u need

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts
  • 376 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:00 PM

Not to be a buzzkill, but if the studio is twice the weight you planned for, is your foundation going to be sufficient?

#4559 Squee

Squee

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,920 posts
  • 379 topics
  • Joined 16-June 04

Posted 06 April 2019 - 01:47 AM

Yup, it can hold up to 6 tons :)

#4560 chenGOD

chenGOD

chen is all u need

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts
  • 376 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 06 April 2019 - 05:34 AM

Thumbs up emoji!

#4561 ambermonk

ambermonk

egao casual, caYi epic

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts
  • 46 topics
  • Joined 23-June 12
  • Interests:hehe
  • Steam:Scope_Dog

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:23 PM

Glad the new studio arrangement was a success Squee, even though I'm about 5 days late.

I completed a full hour weight training session this morning for the first time since high school. The plan is to work every key muscle in my body, not just arms. So I'll be adding 2 hours of weight training to my weekly exercise regimen on top of the 4 I already have of aerobics. No personal trainer involved...just going lone wolf.

#4562 Nebraska

Nebraska

the is was a I an a at in a its

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts
  • 135 topics
  • Joined 04-December 11

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:20 PM

#4563 chenGOD

chenGOD

chen is all u need

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts
  • 376 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:24 AM

Glad the new studio arrangement was a success Squee, even though I'm about 5 days late.

I completed a full hour weight training session this morning for the first time since high school. The plan is to work every key muscle in my body, not just arms. So I'll be adding 2 hours of weight training to my weekly exercise regimen on top of the 4 I already have of aerobics. No personal trainer involved...just going lone wolf.

If I can suggest working the big muscles rather than every key muscle? Chest, back, shoulders, legs. And for the love of god, no sit-ups/crunches.

Congrats on getting back into it :)

#4564 messiaen

messiaen

2K, On My Way

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts
  • 221 topics
  • Joined 26-April 06

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:51 AM

I can highly recommend buying an athlean x training program for 100 dollars. I'm fitter than I've ever been. You work out for 45 minute intense sessions, and you get a video every morning describing how to do everything properly. It's basically 3 months of a daily trainer for 70 quid

#4565 ambermonk

ambermonk

egao casual, caYi epic

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts
  • 46 topics
  • Joined 23-June 12

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

Just made some bomb-ass TEC curry (Tofu, Eggplant, & Chickpea).

If I can suggest working the big muscles rather than every key muscle? Chest, back, shoulders, legs. And for the love of god, no sit-ups/crunches.

Thank you sir :)

I'm already avoiding sit-ups like the plague. Already tweaked my back a year ago by doing so, so I've been doing leg lifts, push-ups, and planks instead. And working those areas via weights is basically what I had in mind, especially the torso and glutes. I just don't wanna end up like one of those swole bros whose upper body looks like that of Roblox characters but has broomstick legs.

#4566 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,880 posts
  • 49 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
  • Interests:Bulking
    Huge-ifying

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:33 PM

If you're interested at all, we should exchange workout notes, routines etc. :shrug:

Might help (me) to have a long distance w/o partner. ;p

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj, 13 April 2019 - 08:33 PM.

#4567 ambermonk

ambermonk

egao casual, caYi epic

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts
  • 46 topics
  • Joined 23-June 12

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:44 PM

I can highly recommend buying an athlean x training program for 100 dollars. I'm fitter than I've ever been. You work out for 45 minute intense sessions, and you get a video every morning describing how to do everything properly. It's basically 3 months of a daily trainer for 70 quid

It sounds a bit like that P90X program I saw back in 2010. Can't remember if I ordered it or not. But I've been taking advantage of free gym privileges as part of my work commute for the past year. It's been an ideal arrangement both financially and logistically.

If you're interested at all, we should exchange workout notes, routines etc. :shrug:

Might help (me) to have a long distance w/o partner. ;p

I think back when I started a year ago I just did 20 minutes of cardio (whether treadmill or stair master) per week, but then added 5 minutes every week, along with the smallest unit of speed added. Now I'm at a full hour. But I'm not sure yet what I can advise as far as weight lifting goes. Still in the early experimental phase of that myself.

#4568 chenGOD

chenGOD

chen is all u need

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts
  • 376 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

Just made some bomb-ass TEC curry (Tofu, Eggplant, & Chickpea).

Thank you sir :)

I'm already avoiding sit-ups like the plague. Already tweaked my back a year ago by doing so, so I've been doing leg lifts, push-ups, and planks instead. And working those areas via weights is basically what I had in mind, especially the torso and glutes. I just don't wanna end up like one of those swole bros whose upper body looks like that of Roblox characters but has broomstick legs.

Squats are such a good exercise. Them and some deadlifts will help you not look like an unbalanced freak.

#4569 Stickfigger

Stickfigger

Some bullshit

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • 53 topics
  • Joined 15-April 08
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/user-507726405
  • Interests:https://meltedself.bandcamp.com/

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:11 AM

My ignition on my weber BBQ wasn't working so I took it apart and cleaned the contacts and now it works

#4570 Godwin Austen

Godwin Austen

喬戈里峰

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • 13 topics
  • Joined 29-May 07

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:56 PM

built in VPN in the new Opera browser

#4571 chenGOD

chenGOD

chen is all u need

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts
  • 376 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:38 PM

What’s their log retention policy?

#4572 chenGOD

chenGOD

chen is all u need

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts
  • 376 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:31 AM

Just got two types of whisky from the Nikka distillery gifted to me by the father-in-law.

#4573 Godwin Austen

Godwin Austen

喬戈里峰

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • 13 topics
  • Joined 29-May 07

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:58 AM

good question. haven't looked into it

#4574 chenGOD

chenGOD

chen is all u need

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts
  • 376 topics
  • Joined 16-November 05

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

good question. haven't looked into it
Opera is pretty good on privacy in general, am just asking, cause I would love to stop paying for my VPN, and was just wondering if you knew offhand.

#4575 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,880 posts
  • 49 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
  • Interests:Bulking
    Huge-ifying

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:46 PM

A cursory search on it says it does not log or retain any data. Is that trustworthy?

"

Increased online privacy

When users enable the built-in VPN, they will create a private and encrypted connection between their mobile devices and a remote VPN server, using strong 256-bit encryption algorithms. When enabled, the VPN will hide the user's physical location and will make it hard to track their behavior on the Web. The browser VPN service is also a no-log service, which means that the VPN servers do not log and retain any activity data, all to protect users' privacy."