IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

2 hours ago, Squee said:

Yes, it's crazy.
No, like clicking CTRL/CMD + F in a browser and then search for a word on the site you're visiting.

Really? How'd you do it on the phone then?

Played records at a Prong show tonight with a friend, had so much fun, goddamn. Drunk and eating garlic sausage with avjar and chutney now, work in 7 hours, gonna be hungover and very smellfull.

8 hours ago, user said:

Really? How'd you do it on the phone then?

Say you're on this page on your phone. Click on the URL and type in "user" and scroll down until you see "On This Page".IMG_7FBC3B4A717D-1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

One of my bands managed to chart in at #2 on a Kamloops radio station (same Country, different city).  We played there earlier this summer, and I guess one of the DJs is a fan.  We've been climbing up there for several weeks now.  Neat! 

I climbed a rock wall for the first time yesterday. Only made it about halfway up on the big one, as the strain on my forearms and fingers were quickly tiring me out.

Still, all this gym time over the past year and a half is paying off.

• Like 1

After several months of turmoil and uncertainty, things are getting back to normal. Whatever that is. I accepted a job with a new company downtown, but also have a chance with another, even better job. Great position to be in!

• Like 2

I did the sound design, mix, and some voice acting for a new cartoon show. My client called me up while laughing because he thought it was the funniest shit he had ever seen/heard. 

• Like 5

Sweeeeet.  A well known voice actress did a series of masterclass sessions at my studio, one for beginners, one for more advanced.  She was fascinating and I learned a lot.  I'd gladly take up voice acting as an alternate career in another life.  Or maybe for the second half of this one.

I was sent to an address that didn't appear to exist, with food for delivery.  No instructions were given, customer didn't answer their phone.  So after a 7 minute wait, I was permitted to leave and mark the delivery as completed (full pay).  The success here is that at the end of my shift I'm allowed to eat it.  Just found out it's both a full serving of hot wings, and a full serving of curry with both rice and naan bread.  Fuck yes.  It's about time this happened. 

• Burger 1

I participated in a paintball tournament for the first time, as a mandatory event for work. But I kept getting sweaty and winded from all the crouching behind cover and having my helmet visor fog up five minutes into each round. Plus it was in the woods, so I had to be careful not to trip over tree roots and crap.

I was a total noob, but at least managed to get a head shot on a more experienced opponent, although I meant to hit him in the torso.

The only time I paintballed their was this little psychopathic kid, maybe 10 years old, who would continue shooting people after his first hit, despite any "ow stop you already hit me!" type shrieks from his targets.  Luckily I was on his team, but it definitely put a dark slant on the whole paintballing experience.

Nice one!

One of the ladies I've been chatting with via the dating apps is using my last Zephyr Nova album (Shivering Towers) as the playlist for her art gallery.  Pretty fucking cool.  I may inquire about performing there sometime.  It's in another city, but only a short ferry ride away.

• Like 2