IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

A crisis at work concluded with a happy ending.

Edit: No one was in danger, but we averted the ruin of a barbecue for about 60 to 80 people.

Edited by ambermonk

I've been vegetarian for 10 days now, and it's actually not so bad. Restaurant meals are about 10 times more disappointing, but if anything this will just encourage me to makes more home cooked meals and spend a lot less money. Downside is that "home cooked meals" for me often means crackers/bread and cheese, or a bowl of cereal.

<---healthiest vegetarian ever.

I did that for a while.. but pulled pork brought me back. I should do it again though, since there are a lot of great vegetarian food options near where I work. I never cook with meat anymore, though.

put on 100 pounds for years and finally lost that weight just recently. i'm very happy and i guess i celebrated by buying a couple pairs of chinos pants. :watmm:

gratz dude, that's quite an accomplishment. be proud. :happy:

about the vegetarian stuff.. dunno about the rest of you guys, but the pretty-much-a-vegetarian-but-puritanism's-not-my-thing foodstyle works pretty well for me. and i don't have to feel bad about eating pulled pork occasionally. meat dishes happen about 2-4x/month in our apartment, so when we buy fleshy goods, we can afford to get delicious stuff from the farmers market or a butcher. my tastebuds and my body both seem to enjoy this strategy

My digital music collection is VERY well organized.

My girlfriend is impressed with me every time I replace the toilet paper roll.

I found the best ballpoint pens recently and stocked up so I never run out.

Edited by mat

I've been vegetarian for 10 days now, and it's actually not so bad. Restaurant meals are about 10 times more disappointing, but if anything this will just encourage me to makes more home cooked meals and spend a lot less money. Downside is that "home cooked meals" for me often means crackers/bread and cheese, or a bowl of cereal.

<---healthiest vegetarian ever.

I did that for a while.. but pulled pork brought me back. I should do it again though, since there are a lot of great vegetarian food options near where I work. I never cook with meat anymore, though.

Yeah, I really do miss meat. A lot. The thing I said about restaurant meals still stands. Usually if i get a vegetarian dish at a restaurant I think "why would I pay money for someone else to make this?" Veggie burgers taste like deep fried bread inside more bread. My home meals are still pretty decent though. I make a lot of tacos with this "veggie ground" which is pretty much ground beef made with tofu and so many spices that it tastes like meat. I've been thinking about using the luke viia method. Eat like a vegetarian most of the time, but don't needlessly make myself suffer too much if I reeeeeally want a proper burger at a restaurant instead of something I'll almost certainly regret and hate myself for ordering. My regret in that case would outweigh my desire to be ethical.

I bumped into, got steaming with, and made friends with aphex this weekend at a festival in Cornwall which was a bit surreal. Turns out he's a pretty funny, sound guy. Told him his music was ''quite good'' and he got the joke.

Edited by messiaen

Yeah, I really do miss meat. A lot. The thing I said about restaurant meals still stands. Usually if i get a vegetarian dish at a restaurant I think "why would I pay money for someone else to make this?" Veggie burgers taste like deep fried bread inside more bread. My home meals are still pretty decent though. I make a lot of tacos with this "veggie ground" which is pretty much ground beef made with tofu and so many spices that it tastes like meat. I've been thinking about using the luke viia method. Eat like a vegetarian most of the time, but don't needlessly make myself suffer too much if I reeeeeally want a proper burger at a restaurant instead of something I'll almost certainly regret and hate myself for ordering. My regret in that case would outweigh my desire to be ethical.

next stage, quitting bread. (wheat actually worse for you (and sugar)).

But I'm not doing this for heath reasons. Bread's my next favorite thing after meat, and sugar's in most things I like, with the exception of exceptionally salty things like Pretzels (though it's probably in there too in trace amounts... I don't really pay much attention to what's in my junk food as I assume it's all crap anyway).

downside , friend moved out today to live with his gf

upside , he gave me his borked stereo which has nice speakers and only works with audio in rca, gonna use it for music creation...

Might be working in Antarctica next year.

That sounds like it could be an adventure!

I successfully got FC3: Blood Dragon working, and

am blowing up neon-eyed leopards and cassowaries with grenades, as well as air-stomping Omega Force bastards Super Mario-style and harvesting their robo-hearts as Blood Dragon bait.

Might be working in Antarctica next year.

bbbrrrrrrrrrr

that sounds fucking cool! (OMGZ double meaningz)

what's the job?

I drunkenly decided I wanted BMX last night when out walking with my girlfriend so looked on Gumtree when we got in. Found there was one person selling a brand new one near us and met up with him today and bought it for £80(!)

Now I can't wait to zoom around on my new bike on my next day off while listening to ae and boc.

I mixed Mexican and Italian cuisines (and Thai if sriracha is enough) together last night and it was awesome. Mexican ground round + pasta and tomato sauce/sriracha FTW.

I mixed Mexican and Italian cuisines (and Thai if sriracha is enough) together last night and it was awesome. Mexican ground round + pasta and tomato sauce/sriracha FTW.

yeah, i use taco mince that i've made from the night before and bulk it out with tomatoes and more onion and some italian herbage and tomoatoe paste and celery etc. Makes nice pasta sauce for some reason, despite all the cumin in the taco sauce it really all just acts like a flavour enhancer, heh maybe they put msg in those packets.

yeah, i use taco mince that i've made from the night before and bulk it out with tomatoes and more onion and some italian herbage and tomoatoe paste and celery etc. Makes nice pasta sauce for some reason, despite all the cumin in the taco sauce it really all just acts like a flavour enhancer, heh maybe they put msg in those packets.

Cumin is awesome in pasta sauce! Coriander too!