IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Guest jasondonervan

I just did a quick bit of record shopping at lunchtime. Rather than spending £100+, I ended up putting back about 80% of what I had under my arm and cut it back to a £37 spend. Although I said I wouldn't, I bought the Bibio LP because it looked too damn nice sat there in the new releases section, I just couldn't resist.

Also, I've sold tons of stuff on ebay this week for way over what I thought most of it would sell for. I don't know who all these rich people are that are buying my stuff, but I love them all as I'm making out like a bandit here. It's great, because it's all going into the pot for a trip to Japan in a few months time, so every sale feels good, man. And I've still got loads more to sell!

I'm a bit lonely at the moment but I've got four really excellent gigs coming up so the cute girl I'm thinking about can go fuck herself until I have the time to gush over her again (not literally).

Edited by modey

Guest Frankie5fingers

I just finished this semester with a GPA of 3.7 im seriously shitting my pants over this.

'Grats to everyone on this page so far.

I swapped my truck tires out as I was getting off work today. The job goes a hell of a lot faster with an air wrench. I feel kind of like one of those pit stop service attendants at the Indy 500, thanks to the basic mechanic skills I've picked up the past several years.

I got a surprise $550 sympathy check from the government today for making fuck all last year (I saved a reasonable amount of money in prior years so I made it through 2012 and most of this year being a bum and working on my music). I was just about ready to panic too, but this week marks the beginning of two big new projects, plus a couple smaller ones that just fell in my lap. This always seems to happen right in the nick of time for me.

Recording a record with a bunch of talented kids, teaser featuring one of my beats here:

Vinyl out around September.

i just snagged a 4-track tascam portastudio fo' free. not that it's worth much, but it's gonna be a fun thing to mess with over the summer.

qdq37.png

that's awesome, I keep looking for a cheap one on CL

Guest jasondonervan

My Uncle status has doubled, as my Niece arrived into the world today, a couple of weeks early (she's fine though!). Her parents were over in France this past week, due to come back to the UK today - but our newest member of the family decided she liked the look of Paris instead :biggrin:

Recording a record with a bunch of talented kids, teaser featuring one of my beats here:

Vinyl out around September.

Which one are you?

I got round to cleaning this old desktop fan i've been using to 'cool' myself the last couple of summers.

It actually chucks out cool air now.

I'm disgusted with myself for taking this long to do it

Guest Frankie5fingers

I just finished this semester with a GPA of 3.7 im seriously shitting my pants over this.

what are you studying?

aeronautical engineering. i dont really like to brag about this shit but ive been having a rough couple years (bit of depression and what not) so this really raised my spirits. especially since it was my junior year. i just hope i can keep it for the upcoming senior year but itll be hard since im slamming 19 credit hours for the next semester and a potential 21 for my final semester.

what are you studying?

aeronautical engineering. i dont really like to brag about this shit but ive been having a rough couple years (bit of depression and what not) so this really raised my spirits. especially since it was my junior year. i just hope i can keep it for the upcoming senior year but itll be hard since im slamming 19 credit hours for the next semester and a potential 21 for my final semester.

Awesome and I'm sure you will appreciate it all the more having gone through that spell of depression. Are you over that now?

Guest Frankie5fingers

normally i dont really like to talk about stuff like personal problems on a message board full of strangers. but from the way i act now compared to the way i acted when i first joined should be a good indication that my attitude has gotten a bit better. when i joined i was at rock bottom, didnt really want to do anything, hated just about everyone, and a general disregard towards my well being.

honestly, i dont know if im fully over it yet or not but i have had a bit more energy and a more positive outlook on life. so i think im on the right track for getting out of it.

thanks for asking Ifeelspace.

Edited by Frankie5fingers

Fixed a broken hinge on my laptop which was an incredibly minor thing but it means I don't have to pay for a repair or whatever, which is nice. Going to be graduating pretty soon, which feels weird. Joined the watmmz :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Frankie5fingers

i once again had one of my music dreams. usually i wake up forgetting the song, or by the time i mad dash to my computer to do a quick mix i forget it while i wait for the comp to boot up. But today was different! i remembered the song and now have started something new that is different than my usually stuff and its sounding great.

Fixed a broken hinge on my laptop which was an incredibly minor thing but it means I don't have to pay for a repair or whatever, which is nice.

dude DIY repairs kick ass - way to go

i once again had one of my music dreams. usually i wake up forgetting the song, or by the time i mad dash to my computer to do a quick mix i forget it while i wait for the comp to boot up. But today was different! i remembered the song and now have started something new that is different than my usually stuff and its sounding great.

Nice. I only had that happen once, but my melody was kind of lame. I quickly jotted it down in Reason though anyway, then cursed my subconscious for being so lackluster.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Nice. I only had that happen once, but my melody was kind of lame. I quickly jotted it down in Reason though anyway, then cursed my subconscious for being so lackluster.

lol. yeah ive had one of those moments too.

my new song sounds so much like Jean Michel Jarre. which is so weird cause i havent been listening to him lately. i guess my brain just pulled it outta its brain ass. the last time this happened in my dream i was at this small party and Aphex was there playing some new tracks for everyone. the song kicked so much ass, i wish i could have remembered it when i woke up. very cool dream though.