IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

my strawberries and rhubarb are gone for the season. Right now i'm picking spinach/romaine/basil daily before it gets too hot and goes to seed. Waiting on tomatoes/peppers/eggplant/squash/melon. My back hurts.

you sound more green fingered than me, i'm just getting into it when/if i have time.

:soiled high five:

This is my 3rd summer at it. I'm kind of lucky, the rhubarb patch, apple, & pear tree have been there for 100yrs from when my great-gramps came over from Norway and settled. The rhubarb pops up bigger every year, and seems to move around some. The soil is also very rich, so as a beginner I had a lot of good to work with. I'd like to invest in some outdoor speakers. It's crazy how electronic music goes so well with getting ones hands & feet in the dirt. I always seem to accidently rip my earbuds out pulling weeds or something. No bigger pain than trying to get that back in with dirty hands.

cool, you also sound like you have a much bigger plot. i'd love to have an apple tree! our herbs, tomatoes and strawbs are just in big pots for now. this is my first proper garden, it's not all that big and i struggle to find the time to keep it in order. grass grows damn quick and those pesky weeds! really enjoying it though. we've also got sunflowers just about to flower, i planted seeds with my daughter when we moved here.

i haven't listened to tunes while gardening yet cos it's a rare chance for some peace and quiet, apart from when i'm mowing of course.

Edited by keltoi

you can grow fruit trees that have been grafted on to dwarf root stock keltoi. I'd do this if i lived in a climate that allowed for such things. Anyway, they do this so the plant can live a potted existence, or not take up much room.

we've got room to plant one now delet. i might just get round to it if i get time... it'd be nice to watch a tree grow with my kids.

sorry, i presumed from the photo of your house and the fact that it wasn't in town, that it had a garden round the back. sorry.

It is in a smallish country town and there is a garden round the back. I say we do have room for a tree. Previous owner built a stupidly big 2 storey garage over half the back garden though. I'd rather more garden less garage.

Just arrived at my girlfriend's parent's house to mind it while they're on holiday (we did the same last year).

The house is h-YOOGE!

Also they have ducks :emotawesomepm9:

Nice. I would much rather be house-sitting right now than renting my current room for the summer.

Funnily enough I get more nervous at going out on occasions than I did at my last interview for which I got the job.

Oh, for sure. I have no problems going for job interviews these days. Social situations where the outcome is uncertain though (e.g. a party where I'm not sure if my friends are there yet, or a date) make me anxious as fuck. I tend not to pike anymore though, which is nice. I just get nice and loaded at home before heading out, haha.

Edited by modey

Guest Frankie5fingers

haha thats awesome (not the almost getting stabbed part, glad your fine). but how you handled that was brilliant. that dude probably stood there for a couple minutes wondering what the hell just happened. lol

I think I just narrowly avoided getting stabbed.

it's about 2am and I've just come back from a late-night ride to/from the heart of the city. as I neared home I decided to whiz past and down the road briefly for a kebab. I stood outside eating it while the shop finally closed up, and I had finished and was preparing to ride off when I saw a guy in a white hoodie with both hands in his pockets and a very suss expression indeed approaching furtively from up the street. I immediately realised that the street was now fully deserted and dead quiet. alarm bells rang. dude steps in the road and stands right next to me. he asks for a ride to the station. the station is 50m away (in fact he'd approached from that direction). I say as much. meanwhile he's toying with something inside his hoodie than kind of jingles/clinks. dude mumbles some confused shit about "it'd be better if you went to Liverpool" and I was like "hmm... ok, one sec". by this point I'd got my helmet on but was still fumbling with my gloves, so I stalled for a second as I shoved my gloves inside my jacket - no time - and switched on. dude goes "hop on?" and I go "yep" then rev the engine and get the fuck out of there. I was expecting him to chase me but he just stood there.

fuckin' B-town. shoulda known better.

Holy shit! Good thinking under pressure, glad you're okay. I've never been in a situation remotely like that one.

FWS: I woke up at 10am without any prompting from an alarm clock feeling totally refreshed.

Guest Gravity

I think I just narrowly avoided getting stabbed.

it's about 2am and I've just come back from a late-night ride to/from the heart of the city. as I neared home I decided to whiz past and down the road briefly for a kebab. I stood outside eating it while the shop finally closed up, and I had finished and was preparing to ride off when I saw a guy in a white hoodie with both hands in his pockets and a very suss expression indeed approaching furtively from up the street. I immediately realised that the street was now fully deserted and dead quiet. alarm bells rang. dude steps in the road and stands right next to me. he asks for a ride to the station. the station is 50m away (in fact he'd approached from that direction). I say as much. meanwhile he's toying with something inside his hoodie than kind of jingles/clinks. dude mumbles some confused shit about "it'd be better if you went to Liverpool" and I was like "hmm... ok, one sec". by this point I'd got my helmet on but was still fumbling with my gloves, so I stalled for a second as I shoved my gloves inside my jacket - no time - and switched on. dude goes "hop on?" and I go "yep" then rev the engine and get the fuck out of there. I was expecting him to chase me but he just stood there.

fuckin' B-town. shoulda known better.

I would have shit myself, I freeze up in situations like that. Good thing everything's alright.

I've just found an album online that I had previously thought would be impossible to find online or acquire a physical copy.

That happened to me recently as well. Amazing feeling, isn't it?

I've just found an album online that I had previously thought would be impossible to find online or acquire a physical copy.

That happened to me recently as well. Amazing feeling, isn't it?

You know it!

What made it better is I got to share it with someone who'd uploaded an excerpt of another of the series of releases on youtube. I'd messaged him to ask if he had the full thing a few months ago and he got back to me with a link.

So recently I asked the same person if he had the first one. He replied that he'd been fruitlessly searching and was pretty sure that a copy didn't exist on the internet. I drunkenly decided to have another look and instantly found a copy. So I got to message him back and go "d00d, I turderly finded it!"

Also I had to get it from an embedded flash player by trawling through the site's code which made me feel very clever/like I was in Hackers/The Matrix/Lawnmower Man.

depends on the bitrate.

192kbps, not too shabby. Considering it's a cassette rip I don't think I'm missing out on much.

Also beggars/choosers yadda, yadda, yadda.

This weekend I finally cleared about 10 lawn bags of lawn crap (leaves, weeds, etc) that had been piling up in this corner of my backyard over months. And the bug spray I had on actually worked all afternoon and I had a cold beer in my vicinity the entire time.

i really love sparkling water and i recently discovered Perrier/ this shit is really good, kinda expensive though

now enjoying: perrier

/commercial

we buy fizzy mineral water in bulk. You might start with the fancy brands, but as your addiction increases you'll find yourself straying to the own brand for your fix.

Mix it with small amounts of fruit juice for extra yum, something with passionfruit or guava in it are two faves, those flavours go a long way, especially passionfruit, that way you don't dilute the fizz too much, which was why you were there in the frist place.