IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

That's insane man, how the hell did you do it?

I just manipulated the shit out of the recordings I made :) I'm not really sure I want to tell exactly how I did it because that'll simply ruin the fun ;)

Kind of sounded like you were rubbing the fabric on the microphone diaphragm, then maybe speeding/pitching it up? 

That's insane man, how the hell did you do it?

I just manipulated the shit out of the recordings I made :) I'm not really sure I want to tell exactly how I did it because that'll simply ruin the fun ;)

Kind of sounded like you were rubbing the fabric on the microphone diaphragm, then maybe speeding/pitching it up? 

Oh no no no, I wouldn't want to destroy my mics doing that. Everything was recorded the way you would record any other kind of foley.

i'm in suspense, like papa and BOC...

Officially given a slight raise and new job title, along with coworker in similar role to divide up the jobs I've struggled with alone for months. Time to start that hobby I always wanted to try but couldn't afford: angel dust. :catrecline:

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered a way to bring your run of the mill grilled cheese sandwich to the next level: slap a couple extra slices of cheese to the exterior sides and fry into a crispy crust.  Fucking gourmet.

That sounds very tasty. Just add some ham to the middle and dip it in tomato soup.

Oh baby.

Edited by Candiru

I discovered a way to bring your run of the mill grilled cheese sandwich to the next level: slap a couple extra slices of cheese to the exterior sides and fry into a crispy crust.  Fucking gourmet.

That sounds very tasty. Just add some ham to the middle and dip it in tomato soup.

Fry that ham first and replace the tomato soup with salsa and I'm sold.

Oh shit I'm going to do that next time.

PS I came here after frying up my second ever exterior cheesed grilled cheese sandwich.  Still awesome.

Been employing that strat for years already. I will have to make you one of mine someday. I can comfortably say that so long as I have access to the right ingredients I can make the very best.

• 2 weeks later...

My wedding ceremony playlist was originally in this order

01 Aphex Twin - Avril 14th.mp3
02 Sun Kil Moon - You Are My Sun.mp3
03 Squarepusher - Every Day I Love.mp3
04 Erik Satire - Gymnopedie No. 1.mp3
05 Erik Satie - Gymnopedie No. 2.mp3
06 Erik Satie - Gymnopedie No. 3.mp3
07 Aphex Twin - Nanou2.mp3
08 Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent).mp3
09 Aphex Twin - nineteen.mp3
10 Squarepusher - Tommib Help Buss.mp3
11 Oscar Peterson Trio - You Look Good To Me.mp3

We were supposed to walk out to Every Day I Love but instead walked out to "You Are My Sun" and it was actually better.

Then they switched You Look Good to Me to come before the Gymopedies so closed with Tommib Help Buss - and it actually worked out better as well.

Also I almost cried when An Ending (Ascent) came on. lel.

The bitchy lady upstairs who made the formal complaint about the supposed "excessive noise" (we're not loud at all, I'm not even home most of the time lately) coming from my wife and my apartment is finally moving out, so long and good riddance Kathleen, looks like I win this war... 

I am very very very very hesitant to say this because it sounds frankly insane...

But I think I've stumbled upon a) a simple Behaviorist (e.g. "from the perspective of a lab rat") model of stress-induced mental illness, and b) thus a subsequent cure for schizophrenia, bipolar, and all stress-induced mental illness.

(I'm gonna bounce it off a clinical psychologist on Thusday and see what sorts of holes he can poke in it)

Edited by LimpyLoo

By "I stumbled upon a cure" I mean "the cure was buried in the literature all along but, due to poor cross-discipline communication, nobody put two and two together"

Look, we know if you reward/punish a rat at random intervals, it will become "superstitious"

Meaning: it will devise a (shitty) model for predicting anomalies

That is literally what psychosis/delusion is...(although we don't have access to the lab rat's thoughts, and we think of "delusions" as specific linguistic maps/models unique to humans, so we don't attribute "delusions" to the rat)

Edited by LimpyLoo

TL;DR = OCD, PTSD, Schizophrenia, Bipolar, etc are all shades of the same basic phenomenon

Essentially, they're different 'resting states' of the same underlying phenomenon, and all admit of a single solution

They only look different because "anomaly hypothesizing" is fluid (not necessarily fixed) across time

So bipolar is just the tendency to bounce between "nothing can hurt me" and "everything can hurt me" in response to random anomalies in the environment (the two 'poles' are highly sensitive to stress and good fortune, respectively)

Edited by LimpyLoo