IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

brotip on the savings tip: set up an automatic debit from your main account to your savings account scheduled for every payday. it forces you to save, kinda.

there's a couple guys in the lab trying to program a microcontroller to reproduce MP3s and they're fucking it up in a way that sounds pretty sweet... I mean if you've ever interpreted random data as sound you know the kinda digital noise it generates so it's nor even that interesting or anything, but it's always been a very pleasing sound to me

FWP: sometimes it works (more frequently as time passes) and they're a using guitar-only version of Moon River as the test track

Edited by span

I played the part of an adult this month and actually set a chunk of money aside in order to save (and not spend on synthesizers).

dammmmmmn. was it hard to do ?  :emotawesomepm9:

Yes. Very much so.

brotip on the savings tip: set up an automatic debit from your main account to your savings account scheduled for every payday. it forces you to save, kinda.

I've thought about it, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to do that just yet.

As of today, I can now fully operate a Bobcat...even though I learned it on my own and received no formal training. I was faced with a situation at work which ultimately forced me to use it.

My boss came in to work later and I told him about it then, after I finished. His reaction was..

..approval. He was a bit surprised, but commended me for taking initiative.

As of today, I can now fully operate a Bobcat...even though I learned it on my own and received no formal training. I was faced with a situation at work which ultimately forced me to use it.

My boss came in to work later and I told him about it then, after I finished. His reaction was..

*CIA puts you on terrorist list*

that's awesome BTW. Always feels great to do man-stuff. I repaired an oil furnace in my house and felt like I gained a few chest-hairs. But fuck, a bobcat, you basically just earned a pelt. MAN PELT. 

that's awesome BTW. Always feels great to do man-stuff. I repaired an oil furnace in my house and felt like I gained a few chest-hairs. But fuck, a bobcat, you basically just earned a pelt. MAN PELT.

Ambermonk is now prepared to boss-battle a Xenomorph if and when the time comes...

Just put an intel wireless card in a relative's Intel NUC which I had been reading a lot about recently - very small form, quiet, good specs and upgradeable RAM. Put Windows 10 on then now typing this on the beast connected to a 1080p display.

Gave up my job on Friday to go travelling for a bit and I am getting on a bit so it's a risk. Unemployable wandering hobo man In da house sounds alright to me.

Ambermonk is now prepared to boss-battle a Xenomorph if and when the time comes...

Watching that scene on the big screen at the local theatre pub last October...I wouldn't trade it.

Edited by ambermonk

Just put an intel wireless card in a relative's Intel NUC which I had been reading a lot about recently - very small form, quiet, good specs and upgradeable RAM. Put Windows 10 on then now typing this on the beast connected to a 1080p display.

Gave up my job on Friday to go travelling for a bit and I am getting on a bit so it's a risk. Unemployable wandering hobo man In da house sounds alright to me.

Nice, the NUCs and general very-small-form-factor PCs that are cropping up are interesting. 

And good for you, I'm jealous as all hell, quitting my job and going traveling sounds like heaven right now. If you need advice there's a thread from last week about living homeless for a night  :emotawesomepm9:

Save On Foods, which used to close at 10pm, is now open until midnight every day!  This is a great success because I only ever think to buy food after 10pm.... tonight being a rare exception.  Here I was thinking I might make it in 15 minutes before closing for a change, but instead I've practically got a whole life time to get that loaf of sour dough bread.  Fuck yeah.  Maybe I'll even get cheese and dijon to go with it.  Garlic stuffed olives?  Man, i am winning tonight.

Save On Foods, which used to close at 10pm, is now open until midnight every day!  This is a great success because I only ever think to buy food after 10pm.... tonight being a rare exception.  Here I was thinking I might make it in 15 minutes before closing for a change, but instead I've practically got a whole life time to get that loaf of sour dough bread.  Fuck yeah.  Maybe I'll even get cheese and dijon to go with it.  Garlic stuffed olives?  Man, i am winning tonight.

Lol I am happy for you!

Godspeed! That takes balls.

God takes your balls for speeding.

Well, back when I started I told myself, "this is just temporary". And now it's almost three years later. Anyone who has been unlucky enough to remember some of the stuff I've posted in the FWP thread will know why I did it.

Godspeed! That takes balls.

God takes your balls for speeding.

Well, back when I started I told myself, "this is just temporary". And now it's almost three years later. Anyone who has been unlucky enough to remember some of the stuff I've posted in the FWP thread will know why I did it.

Was there a breaking point or more like a "I'm definitely quitting at the beginning of 2017"