IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I started a thread about a giant 'babel monster' that seems to run the world

And also how insincerity is poisonous

And it got taken down

(That's a bummer, but kinda also yay for Hofstadter-esque theorem self-proofs...?)

Ate a bowl of peas, carrots and sweetcorn for my midnight snack (instead of usual fatty garbage) without a gun held to my head and had been looking forward to doing so all day.

Feels like I'm halfway to being an adult.

My friend has a podcast and I was on it talking about some of my favorite songs. The podcast is nothing big at all, just a hobby for him, but it's cool knowing I have something like that archived at there that's neither written word or some unrecorded conversation I've had IRL.

It's a great podcast BTW, like desert Island discs meets Fresh Air on NPR.

https://soundcloud.com/memorytracks

Got to drive a Lambourghini Huracan yesterday. They didn't skimp on the carbon fibre let me tell you.

Nice I'd love to drive a supercar or proper sports car one day. Hours and hours of Gran Turismo on PS1 could only do so much for me.

Picked up a bunch of material (for work) at a small warehouse yesterday and the guy there pointed me towards an unused 42" flat screen TV...We don't sell entertainment electronics at my store and he was going to throw it away, so I grabbed it and took it home. $300 saved. :cool:

I got lost on some trails in the woods because they were mad complex and the maps they had are notoriously inaccurate. I found my way back to the visitors center by seeing what was north on the map, and the sun setting in the west. I coulda died real bad but I didn't. Woohoo. Then I drank like a gallon of water in 0.0002 milliseconds.

Today I had two 17 year old kids in at the office who are studying at a local community college to be in IT. They had to tick off 2 hours of "work experience". So I made them configure an AWS EC2 server. I had fun.

This morning I woke up and went back to sleep for one hour. In that short period of time I had an intense hyper realistic dream that lasted for like a month! Thank you sweet brain for making this possible. I had fun.

Today I had two 17 year old kids in at the office who are studying at a local community college to be in IT. They had to tick off 2 hours of "work experience". So I made them configure an AWS EC2 server. I had fun.

I'm actually hoping for some fresh new college going member to post here he got to do some IT work configuring some server. And then go "wtf, you here mate!? can't be!"