IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Good for you being able to freelance Squee! I wish I was good enough at any things to be able to do that sort of work but I'm also lazy as fuck so I might be terrible at it. But yeah I'm also looking for a new job/location so if anyone is hiring total internet strangers HMU yo (also ignore that lazy thing I said last sentence total joke i'm a prankster haha totes hard workin dude here ayy).

SFWA&S: I filed my taxes, a full month before I had to! Successes!

Forgot to use my last few days of holiday up, before our tax year ends. Work policy is that if you don't use em, you lose em. But because I covered a lot over the last year for an injured coworker, I'm getting paid for the days I didn't use. At the rate of my recent pay rise, no less.

What up. :catrecline:

Edited by Bechuga

Tomorrow is my last day of college classes... I still have to complete and internship before graduation, but classes and classwork, and homework will be a thing of the past. Feels kinda weird... I'm ready to be done, but also anxious about the internship and eventually going out to the real word for jobs.

Tomorrow is my last day of college classes... I still have to complete and internship before graduation, but classes and classwork, and homework will be a thing of the past. Feels kinda weird... I'm ready to be done, but also anxious about the internship and eventually going out to the real word for jobs.

Internships are usually a lot harder than the real deal because you're so anxious about not doing the wrong thing. Just go with the flow

Dug out my dad's old bike, something I've been meaning to do for years, and have been getting up at 6am to go for beasting wee cycles in a nature/ towpath-y place. Ducks and grebes fly out of my path. Feel like a rank casual passing all the folks with their fancy lycra clobber but man, I feel so good. 

*freewheels out of thread*

Just BARELY managed to get the top grade possible in my last class. It was really right on the line.

I get a really good deal from my employer RE tuition, cash bonus for top grade.  :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

on a whim, I spent about 20-30 mins figuring out how to directly rip the source video from a popular streaming site (not Youtube) by manually deciphering the scrambled flashvars in the page code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcmaNJfRQf0

edit: I probably could've done the same thing in 2 mins using a downloader plugin but there's no autistical satisfaction in that

Edited by usagi

you don't want to become one of those lycra guys.

if you start going on long rides putting hours in the saddle you will want to become one of those lycra boys. it's a lot less of wanting to "look like lance armstrong" and a lot more of "i eventually want to be able to sit down again when i'm done with this ride" 

don't shave your legs tho

I'm DJing a set of IDM tunes this weekend. Finally went back and paid for most of the music I've been listening to for the past couple years. It's a success for my Bandcamp collection but a first world problem for my bank account.

I'm DJing a set of IDM tunes this weekend. Finally went back and paid for most of the music I've been listening to for the past couple years. It's a success for my Bandcamp collection but a first world problem for my bank account.

See you Saturday :D

Will be getting my first car soon! Just gotta get my license and yessir, finally driving my first car by the tender age of 31.... I'm a bit behind on life.

Had a movement today that must have weighed upwards of 2kg. Felt bloody fantastic afterward.

I had dysentry recently from SE Asia, the feeling now that everything is solid and I can now be a KEN master once more is hard to beat. Brothers in shit, oh yes.

i was just crossing the street and there was a blind man crossing as well

he was slowly walking into the traffic so i took his arm and led him to safety. im' a hero i tell ya...

Go ahead and rub it in, Canada. I stepped over several homeless people just to go to the train this morning.

The water bill I was fearing* was so tiny I almost did a dance in surprise and glee. What do I do with all this money I don't have to spend on it?

*bought a flat that had been unlived in for a while, so I expected old huge fees to come my way from unpaid utilities. Also, it's been a year (and two months) since I bought it, homeowner for a year . Woop.

The water bill I was fearing* was so tiny I almost did a dance in surprise and glee. What do I do with all this money I don't have to spend on it?

*bought a flat that had been unlived in for a while, so I expected old huge fees to come my way from unpaid utilities. Also, it's been a year (and two months) since I bought it, homeowner for a year . Woop.

buy a ham