IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

the bloke with dementia next door has 2, both have wee bells on their collars

i see them lurking in the trees like sex offenders, waiting to pounce, then they take that first step & its jingle-jangle, which was the catch-phrase of Jimmy Savile no less

David Icke take note

I found a UAE 1 dirham coin in my roll of quarters. Usually when non-US currency winds up in these rolls it's Canadian, but this is a first.

Guess it's time to renew my passport and book a flight to Dubai.

Also just figured out how to adjust my office chair to my computer desk at home, and it seems I'm finally in the correct posture after nearly two years. Wonder if it'll help my circulation somehow.

Sent a query email to a literary agent, and that agent has not responded for three days now. At first, I was bummed...but a day after the email, I suddenly had second thoughts about the way my book was written, and have altered it so I like it more. And changed the title. Complete changes, actually!

So if this agent had responded immediately, I might have sent work I suddenly wished to change, and would have been unable to do so. A first world problem that sort of became a good thing?

Proper first world problem: Agent has still not responded. Do I email again and risk sounding like a pest? Do I skip her and email someone else at the same agency, risking sounding like someone just shotgunning submissions to everyone? Do I just send my manuscript anyway and find out months later this agent has quit or has been on holiday for months? I know we're busy, but surely a quick email saying "yes" or "no" is not too hard to do...

Edited by Bechuga

From all I've heard it can take quite some time to hear back from publishers/agents (months perhaps in the case of publishers, weeks for agents) so I'd say maybe you should just cool it..three days is nothing. I have zero first-hand experience, though.... Maybe just be on the look out for where else you can inquire with in the mean time! Or start working on something else! :D

By query email I mean simply an email asking if they are willing to receive submissions. I am aware of the waiting process once a submission has been made, but usually agents respond within a day or two for simple queries, especially if said agent states on their agency profile they are more than happy to answer initial queries.

I'll just use the time to make sure the manuscript is perfect. I'll send another email if a week goes by.

Oh, again, my lack of actual experience. I recognized that you said it was a query letter but I assumed even that would be subject to the 'it may be some time before I even respond with an acknowledgement of receipt or a response' expectations of agents in general. Still, could just be a busy week or she may've had personal issues to attend to, who knows! Yeah, a week is decent time to wait and re-inquire I'd guess. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm no expert at all but past experience is that initial queries are answered quickly and briefly. One agent responded with "Yes, go ahead! :)" before so I'm going by past expectations.

And one agent I am sending to asks that you do not bother with query emails at all, so you have to be careful. Double-check, triple-check and panic anyway!

Writing a book? Easy. Sending submission packets? The worst.

edit: For example, I just sent a query email to another agent. She has already responded:

"Yes, I am accepting submissions.
Best wishes,
[Name]"

That's how quick and brief I was expecting! XD
Edited by Bechuga

Just finished mastering the debut Hush Hush Noise album, two years in the making (very little of which time was actually spent working on it). Pending bandmate approval, it should be up on bandcamp by the end of the day.

QbrAyVV.png

that's from injecting that shit.. ewhats it called?  his biceps actually exploded

edit:  synthol

CEN-ChemicalBodybuilder-01.jpg

CEN-ChemicalBodybuilder-02.jpg

pretty gross images of sploded biceps 

https://www.google.com/search?q=synthol+exploded+biceps&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCtvrzrq7ZAhVH2mMKHcscCYUQ_AUICigB&biw=1325&bih=939

Edited by ignatius

My band Hush Hush Noise got awarded an "honourable mention" for this Indabamusic.com Featured Artist contest.  Kind of a half success since only the grand prize winner gets a feature on the site.  But hey, it's some recognition anyway.  The song is from our debut album which I hope to upload to bandcamp tomorrow.  Here's the song in question, for anyone curious: 

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/indaba-sync-featured-artist-series-january-2018/my-submissions/77b4be52-02d1-11e8-9b1a-0ee95250b769

The album version is slightly different, and won't have the weird mp3 compression their site adds to the streams (the higher frequencies sound a bit ugly).

My band Hush Hush Noise got awarded an "honourable mention" for this Indabamusic.com Featured Artist contest.  Kind of a half success since only the grand prize winner gets a feature on the site.  But hey, it's some recognition anyway.  The song is from our debut album which I hope to upload to bandcamp tomorrow.  Here's the song in question, for anyone curious: 

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/indaba-sync-featured-artist-series-january-2018/my-submissions/77b4be52-02d1-11e8-9b1a-0ee95250b769

The album version is slightly different, and won't have the weird mp3 compression their site adds to the streams (the higher frequencies sound a bit ugly).

is this the track that the radio is/was playing?

i can't access it i don't have facebook

Edited by yek

Oh balls.  I didn't realize you needed facebook to view.  I guess since I mostly spam that stuff on my facebook page it makes sense no one's ever mentioned that.

It's a different song, same project.  This one's more watmm friendly imo.  The other one really does sound like a song that would play on a rock radio station heheh.  It's guitar-lickin' good.  The DJs are spoogin' all over it from what I've heard, which is cool.  I think if we had submitted any other song it would not have made it on air.  I still feel some weird guilt for having deliberately written a radio friendly song.  Seems kind of dirty... but I wasn't cynical about it or anything.  It was an experiment to see if I could make a song like that that I would still listen to, and it was a lot of fun to make.  Pretty fun to play too.