IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Moving again and really didn't want to take my gigantic CD collection, which I no longer touch, with me.

Dumped it all in a 2nd hand record shop via cab and told them to call me with an offer when they've checked them all.

Called me back 2hrs later and offered me £500. I think he expected me to haggle or something. I went straight there and took the cash.

Dude was loving my collection, they were playing one of my CDs went I walked in lol.

giphy.gif

Yeah ugh, I've taken 6 boxes of records and another 6 of books with me and still left half my books in the old place (it's being condemned or something).

In the new place I intend to streamline even more. This is the 2nd time I've moved in 6 months and I'm done with trying to take it all with me.

Just created a brand new Twitch account. But I've never live streamed before. Seems like most Twitch users are watching CS:GO and Fortnite. Might give the latter a go.

Now I just have to go shopping for a mic.

I discovered a trick that allows me to cut a continuous piece of audio in half, then resequence them together with no annoying "tick" sound destroying the perfect transition.  I achieved this by inserting a piece of silence so small it is undetectable to the human ear.  This way both pieces of audio start at the zero point, thereby extinguishing any chance that vile "tick" has to insert its existence.  I have had dumb luck with such transitions in the past, but now I have a flawless method.  It should be noted that Ableton's volume automation is not accurate enough to catch such a small piece of silence at the intended marker points.  Soundforge however is.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Not that I know of... but if it's a piece of stereo audio the chances of there being a 'zero' are close to nil, no?  I'm talking about dividing up two tracks that are merging together, for the sake of seamless album transitions.

For some reason the inaudible silence that worked on the wav turned into a "tick" in the mp3 version I encoded... so now I'm paranoid that's going to happen with the bandcamp conversion of the wavs too... fffffffffffuuuuuuuuu  :wtf:

Not that I know of... but if it's a piece of stereo audio the chances of there being a 'zero' are close to nil, no?  I'm talking about dividing up two tracks that are merging together, for the sake of seamless album transitions.

For some reason the inaudible silence that worked on the wav turned into a "tick" in the mp3 version I encoded... so now I'm paranoid that's going to happen with the bandcamp conversion of the wavs too... fffffffffffuuuuuuuuu  :wtf:

Hm, that's very weird... I just demolished an audio file in ableton by cutting it up, exported it, and opened it in my Adobe Audition (my preferred editor), and there are no clicks caused whatsoever. The click should be visible in the spectrogram, but there's nothing there and the file sounds fine.

PCKcruW.png

leG0Oz5.png

I just tried converting these files into MP3s and there are still no clicks. What program did you use for the conversion? I've had varied results with MP3 conversions depending on what program I've used.

One thing that's confusing me about the tick in the MP3s is that MP3s automatically add a tiny bit of silence at the beginning and end because it can't exist without being divisible with x amount of samples or something like that... right?

Yeah, you can simulate a zero crossing by fading in or out super fast. It's really useful for creating loops for games/media, but not every waveform editor can give you the fidelity you need to do it. Personally, I think it's most useful in Adobe Audition.

The ticks seem to just be appearing on the mp3s.  mp3s do add silence, but the player I use to play mp3s automatically negates those, so seamless audio is always seamless when done right.  Most of these transitions did work fine without any trickery on my end.  There was just one that wouldn't un-tick no matter where I placed the divide.

... but it's fine on the wav, so... I'm going to hope bandcamp's encoder is better than mine.  But I'm using soundforge, which is typically quite good at this sort of thing.  Not quite as quite good as Drukqs, but close.

After 3 years of writing, recording, and generally getting distracted by other things, my experimental pop project's debut album has finally seen the light of day:

https://hushhushnoise.bandcamp.com/

This is the band that managed to score that "band of the month" radio promo thing (which ends tomorrow with an on-air interview/performance).

the sparrows are getting cocky and starting to enter my house. I find at least one sparrow hanging out in the kitchen every day now. This will become a first world problem the moment I start finding bird shit in places I'd rather not find bird shit at but so far it's cool

i woke up in the middle of the night last night and i had just been having a very vivid dream, so i wrote down what i remember:

during my dream someone said that they liked "paper cut ham". i imagine that paper cut ham is very thinly sliced deli meat. lolol. anyway i thought that was pretty funny. next time i go to the deli maybe i'll ask for paper cut ham.

Edited by yek

i woke up in the middle of the night last night and i had just been having a very vivid dream, so i wrote down what i remember:

during my dream someone said that they liked "paper cut ham". i imagine that paper cut ham is very thinly sliced deli meat. lolol. anyway i thought that was pretty funny. next time i go to the deli maybe i'll ask for paper cut ham.

It's the code word for a kilo of cocaine. Your local deli is actually a front for a crime syndicate, and you were told this by a giant and a little man in your dream. 

It's the code word for a kilo of cocaine. Your local deli is actually a front for a crime syndicate, and you were told this by a giant and a little man in your dream. 

oh shit, i stumbled across my calling :)

Edited by yek