IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Java is the Nickelback of programming languages

Python is the [...] of programming languages

which band is Python?

Python is the Forest Psytrance of programming languages

my dad forwarded me emails that his relatives are passing around with pictures of family members. we have mormons in the family, his grandfather had multiple wives and it's a total head-fuck trying to figure out how everyone is related and who's who. i think it would be easier to have like a family tree picture with diagrams and shit but regardless it's cool to see pictures of family that i have never met. when i was 10 i went to salt lake city utah and met some of the family, which was large as hell. we were there for thanksgiving. my dad said the family loved me because i was my dad's only son and last to carry his family name. i don't think i'll ever have kids but hey...

tl:dr.  :cisfor:

Edited by yek

@yek

family is underrated. I've never really talked to my family on my father's side because it has always been nothing but drama. But recently I've been hanging out with my cousin and her husband and kids and they're super fucking nice. They even told us that we could borrow their car during the weekends if we wanted to.

FWS:

Monday a client called me and asked me if I could make a tune for them. The director was out on shoot so he wouldn't be able to send me any references until Tuesday. So I receive the references Tuesday, but I didn't have time to start working on it until Wednesday morning and they wanted it by 2 PM. I handed in the worst piece of shit I've ever made. I fucking hated it. I knew right from the beginning that it was going to be complete garbage because my approach was all wrong. After handing it in I called the director and said, "listen, I hate this... I'm gonna see if I can make a new track". So I cleared my mind and threw together a much, much, much better track in like 5 hours.  Man that felt good...

I get really bad razor burn. I drastically reduced my sodium intake this week and it seems to have vanished in a matter of days.

Python is the Cardi B of brogramming banguages.

Python is the Cylob of programming languages :cerious:

One of my bands just got a pretty major gig offer opening for the motherfucking Posies!  it's being put on by the company that controls most of the major shows that happen in our town, so the fact that they even thought of us is a pretty big deal.  But... The Posies - Ringo Star covered one of their songs.  Half the band played alongside Alex Chilton when Big Star reformed.  Crazy!  Anyway... I'm clearly not used to playing alongside acts that I've known about since my childhood.  This is pretty cool.  

I get really bad razor burn. I drastically reduced my sodium intake this week and it seems to have vanished in a matter of days.

Python is the Cardi B of brogramming banguages.

Python is the Cylob of programming languages :cerious:

write your own fucking programming language.

(not literally you)

i was doing my landscaping job today, i usually blast rock music on my phone when working but today i put on chemical brothers (surrender and come with us) and no one complained. maybe i'll continue to put on weirder and weirder music  :biggrin:

I still think Chemical Brothers was the secretly hates a lot of its fanbase Radiohead-style band but in this big beat electronica scene. The Crystal Method was like the cheap American imitation devoid of irony amirite. They made DIG YOUR OWN HOLE but might think a lot of k-heads are retarded

I don't even do any drugs ever but I can see where this music and visual combination was JOKEZ to scare the shit out of k-heads

then in interviews they're like "yeah we played this track in the studio but it sounded so DARKSIDE actually hearing it live, scary shit mang"

I finally saw an ad on youtube that I felt no pressing need to skip: Snoop Dog breaks down hockey slang.  Like, actually the first ad I watched from start to finish on that site.  I couldn't tell you what it was advertising mind you, but the delivery was entertaining.

One of my bands just got a pretty major gig offer opening for the motherfucking Posies!  it's being put on by the company that controls most of the major shows that happen in our town, so the fact that they even thought of us is a pretty big deal.  But... The Posies - Ringo Star covered one of their songs.  Half the band played alongside Alex Chilton when Big Star reformed.  Crazy!  Anyway... I'm clearly not used to playing alongside acts that I've known about since my childhood.  This is pretty cool.  

That is AWESOME! Is this for HHN?

Yup!  It's kind of an odd match-up.  I think it's entirely due to that band of the month thing happening.  That really put us on the radar for concert promoters in need of local opening acts.  It's at Capital Ballroom (previously Sugar), which is normally impossible to get a gig at unless you're a big name out of town artist.  The last show I saw there also had a former Zone band of the month opening.  Anyway, it's probably time to invest in some in-ear monitors.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Just found out my work gave me another raise. Not sure if this is a success or problem (given the ratio of money to problems, of course).

I believe I finally cracked what ITT stands for ("in this thread" I'm pretty sure.  Doesn't count if I look it up to check, tho affirming my belief ITT is valid imo.)

I believe I finally cracked what ITT stands for ("in this thread" I'm pretty sure.  Doesn't count if I look it up to check, tho affirming my belief ITT is valid imo.)

you win!

giphy.gif

I just beat the final level on the original Star Wars: Dark Forces on Hard...without using any cheats or Super Shield toggle

A huge exhibition that I did the music and sound design for at one of Denmarks's most beautiful buildings is getting rave reviews. One of the reviewers says that the combination of music and video makes the exhibition surpass any else from the past couple of years.

So yay!

Yay indeed. That's a wholesome achievement feeling.

A huge exhibition that I did the music and sound design for at one of Denmarks's most beautiful buildings is getting rave reviews. One of the reviewers says that the combination of music and video makes the exhibition surpass any else from the past couple of years.

So yay!

Wrong thread. Not a stupid achievement at all. 1 warning point

Don't listen to darriechungsform, what you did was special. Lets hope we can hear about more successes of a similar nature on the forthcoming pages.