IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Then again I'm 230ish lbs (I'm assuming crypto is smaller?)

175 currently

i'm a pretty sweaty person in general. like for pretty much the entire summer i'll be sweating nonstop

FWS - went hiking today, climbed a mountain. Always feels good.

hella jelly

there's a number of mounains you can get to on the extended montreal bus line (i think it's like $9 one way?). Should really do that again, because the one weekend i went to mount sainte hilaire with friends was dopppe.

I'm making a point of doing more hikes this summer. In the years 2010-2015 I used to do a solid hike every weekend during the summer, then it fell off because of life. 

I want to get back to it. It's so refreshing and exercise is always nice.

I want to get back to it. It's so refreshing and exercise is always nice.

yeh it's definitely one of those things that i'll resist doing for a long time because it seems like a hassle to set up, but then once i'm out there in nature i always think "why did i question doing this? i should be doing this all the time!". And there's definitely something special about the exertion you get from tramping around in the woods, compared to going to the gym or whatev

edit: also i'm playing a rare live show on the 3rd, super excited. gonna make use of all my unreleased material from the last few albums

Edited by Cryptowen

I sometimes wish people weren't be allowed to post videos to Youtube.

I sometimes wish certain people weren't able to breed

The Carl's Jr Canada nutritional info web page isn't working.

These make a great trifecta.

I just bought a fucking jar of avjar and put it on some quesadillas that I made and also with some sliced and chopped tomatoes, onions and avocado. That is good eating.

Also got some wood cut this morning for a 2 tier keyboard stand and now I have a great 2 level desk for music maiming.

Right now I have an adequate income by working in a wood lab plus the earnings of a scholarship in sociology and biology. My former qualification in a federal volunteer service enabled me to take responsibilities in human oriented jobs. Basic academic psychology knowledge enables me to work in social jobs also. Maybe I have not chosen the financially most lucrative path but a path that will always be important and that I can be sure of feeding me and my possible family now and in the future. There is not so much that can go wrong with my life, economically, which is a huge relief.

THUNDERSTORM

ty sky god for taking this humidity away

there is a certain bittersweet quality to thunderstorms though, now that it's approaching that point of the canadian seasonal cycle where shortly enough there will be a big rainstorm, and afterwards the temperatures won't rapidly jump back up to where they were before. in fact they'll start creeping down & signs of fall will start emerging. and no matter how intolerable the heatwaves may have been, there's always a part of me that's saddened by summer's passing, bcuz it's a reminder that life is passing, faster than i can hold onto. nothing is fixed. while it's still summer a part of me can pretend it's just going to stay like this for eternity, like when yer dancing & the mdma hasn't worn off yet & it feels like yer on another plane of existence rather than in a room full of sweating ppl gradually losing stamina. it's hot & i can pretend it's going to be hot forever, but each time it rains i catch myself thinking, "this could be it. this could be the start of the downswing"

made a purchase for these 4 cameras for $40

vintage revere 8 model 70 movie camera

JVBr8nD9_o.jpg

technicolor mark ten super 8 camera

xyoMpkMA_o.jpg

vintage 50's kodak brownie bull's-eye camera

RLzpAzoJ_o.jpg

polaroid sx-70 from the mid 70s

TRI72rBv_o.jpg

75% done building a wood deck over the weekend despite 100+ F heat - friends and family pitched in and 4 of us managed to square out and install posts, the framing, and joists. back is a bit tweaked and i got stung by a scorpion while moving lumber but the accomplishment so far was worth it. Hopefully it will be completely done this upcoming weekend.

that's sick squee! first time getting your stuff on vinyl?

after a week of mostly just walking around my apartment til 2AM yelling at my computer & eating clif bars, this live set (for tomorrow) is finally starting to come together! parts of it are surprisingly close to the realm of dub & DnB music which was unintended, but fun new (to me) territory to be exploring