IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Glad the new studio arrangement was a success Squee, even though I'm about 5 days late.

I completed a full hour weight training session this morning for the first time since high school. The plan is to work every key muscle in my body, not just arms. So I'll be adding 2 hours of weight training to my weekly exercise regimen on top of the 4 I already have of aerobics. No personal trainer involved...just going lone wolf.

Glad the new studio arrangement was a success Squee, even though I'm about 5 days late.

I completed a full hour weight training session this morning for the first time since high school. The plan is to work every key muscle in my body, not just arms. So I'll be adding 2 hours of weight training to my weekly exercise regimen on top of the 4 I already have of aerobics. No personal trainer involved...just going lone wolf.

If I can suggest working the big muscles rather than every key muscle? Chest, back, shoulders, legs. And for the love of god, no sit-ups/crunches.

Congrats on getting back into it :)

I can highly recommend buying an athlean x training program for 100 dollars. I'm fitter than I've ever been. You work out for 45 minute intense sessions, and you get a video every morning describing how to do everything properly. It's basically 3 months of a daily trainer for 70 quid

Just made some bomb-ass TEC curry (Tofu, Eggplant, & Chickpea).

If I can suggest working the big muscles rather than every key muscle? Chest, back, shoulders, legs. And for the love of god, no sit-ups/crunches.

Thank you sir :)

I'm already avoiding sit-ups like the plague. Already tweaked my back a year ago by doing so, so I've been doing leg lifts, push-ups, and planks instead. And working those areas via weights is basically what I had in mind, especially the torso and glutes. I just don't wanna end up like one of those swole bros whose upper body looks like that of Roblox characters but has broomstick legs.

If you're interested at all, we should exchange workout notes, routines etc. :shrug:

Might help (me) to have a long distance w/o partner. ;p

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I can highly recommend buying an athlean x training program for 100 dollars. I'm fitter than I've ever been. You work out for 45 minute intense sessions, and you get a video every morning describing how to do everything properly. It's basically 3 months of a daily trainer for 70 quid

It sounds a bit like that P90X program I saw back in 2010. Can't remember if I ordered it or not. But I've been taking advantage of free gym privileges as part of my work commute for the past year. It's been an ideal arrangement both financially and logistically.

If you're interested at all, we should exchange workout notes, routines etc. :shrug:

Might help (me) to have a long distance w/o partner. ;p

I think back when I started a year ago I just did 20 minutes of cardio (whether treadmill or stair master) per week, but then added 5 minutes every week, along with the smallest unit of speed added. Now I'm at a full hour. But I'm not sure yet what I can advise as far as weight lifting goes. Still in the early experimental phase of that myself.

Just made some bomb-ass TEC curry (Tofu, Eggplant, & Chickpea).

Thank you sir :)

I'm already avoiding sit-ups like the plague. Already tweaked my back a year ago by doing so, so I've been doing leg lifts, push-ups, and planks instead. And working those areas via weights is basically what I had in mind, especially the torso and glutes. I just don't wanna end up like one of those swole bros whose upper body looks like that of Roblox characters but has broomstick legs.

Squats are such a good exercise. Them and some deadlifts will help you not look like an unbalanced freak.

built in VPN in the new Opera browser

What’s their log retention policy?

good question. haven't looked into it
Opera is pretty good on privacy in general, am just asking, cause I would love to stop paying for my VPN, and was just wondering if you knew offhand.

A cursory search on it says it does not log or retain any data. Is that trustworthy?

"

Increased online privacy

When users enable the built-in VPN, they will create a private and encrypted connection between their mobile devices and a remote VPN server, using strong 256-bit encryption algorithms. When enabled, the VPN will hide the user's physical location and will make it hard to track their behavior on the Web. The browser VPN service is also a no-log service, which means that the VPN servers do not log and retain any activity data, all to protect users' privacy."

Also I've overcome the initial soreness phase of weight lifting.

howwwwwwwwwwwwww? I really don't understand! I have read online stories of people overcoming DOMS within 2-4 weeks of weight training. 

I've been doing it for years and still get muscle soreness regularly. Legs day yesterday and hard to walk today. 

Congrats though lol.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I changed out my winter tires and had my all-season set installed on my car yesterday.

Congrats!

And you reminded me I need to buy some new tires. Damn.

howwwwwwwwwwwwww? I really don't understand! I have read online stories of people overcoming DOMS within 2-4 weeks of weight training. 

I've been doing it for years and still get muscle soreness regularly. Legs day yesterday and hard to walk today. 

Congrats though lol.

Thanks mang. I've opted for a 3-day minimum cooldown between weight sessions, so 2 days of cardio (or rest) in between. I figured it's best not to do the same type of exercise two days in a row, so as not to risk burnout or injury.

I changed out my winter tires and had my all-season set installed on my car yesterday.

Congrats!

And you reminded me I need to buy some new tires. Damn.

And it seems I picked the perfect time for tire change, since it snowed today...wtf. But the snow is temporary at this point I'm sure.