IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

8 minutes ago, MadameChaos said:

well done! thats pretty good going. I usually just resort to eating spaget and pesto until payday. just as well I like spaget very much.  ?

didn't you have a low-carb diet phase some time ago?

5 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

didn't you have a low-carb diet phase some time ago?

Yeah I did do that, it didn't really get me very far though so I got a Fitbit and count every-fucking-thing I eat every day. I also don''t eat till 12pm.

It's kinda tough in the mornings, but I'm already seeing positive results so fair dos. I find the wholewheat in the pasta great for my gut flora.

I wouldn't really recommend eating pasta every day though, I now alternate with fresh veg stir fry made without oil.  Fresh fruit is good too.

1 minute ago, MadameChaos said:

Yeah I did do that, it didn't really get me very far though so I got a Fitbit and count every-fucking-thing I eat every day. I also don''t eat till 12pm.

It's kinda tough in the mornings, but I'm already seeing positive results so fair dos. I find the wholewheat in the pasta great for my gut flora.

I wouldn't really recommend eating pasta every day though, I now alternate with fresh veg stir fry made without oil.  Fresh fruit is good too.

you do know that you'd better have breakfast and skip dinner instead, right? breakfast is far more important a meal than dinner i believe + he who sleeps forgets his dinner. 

not that i don't do the same.

42 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

you do know that you'd better have breakfast and skip dinner instead, right? breakfast is far more important a meal than dinner i believe + he who sleeps forgets his dinner. 

Intermittent fasting (taking on a set pattern of eating say, between 12PM - 8PM, 10PM-6PM etc) is successful for many - works for me when I actually stick to it.

But you're right, eating late (and close to dinner) is bad for most.

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

the skipping breakfast way works for me as I don't get so hungry. I tried skipping dinner instead for a while but ended up crazy hungry and eating anyway. If it works it works.

I have this alt/psych band called The Sky Lit Up that's been around a while in various incarnations.  Yesterday our keyboardist finished a cool stop motion vid for one of our songs that I'm really happy with.  It's his first ever attempt at stop motion, and you can see the natural progression of his ability as it progresses, since it was all shot in sequential order.  Starts off rather crude, and gets reasonably sophisticated by the end.  He did all the animation in 2 days while snowed in several months back, and just recently added the texturing and other effects.

• Like 4

I finally dusted off my gear and started making music again. It's worse than ever ?

• Like 2

last night we had a show at work. daniel menche, Xambuca, Die Angel.  everybody was super nice. It was good. loud. i did sound. everybody happy. the sets were dope. we were at capacity for the store. a good night that came together well. 

the 2nd half of die angel's set went to this really heady groove kinda tribal kinda techno. totally infectious. was a gift to my brain. first half of their set was good too. nice build up to some heavy tones and thick processing and razor like leads and riffs. 

now i have 2 days off. 

• Like 1

I dropped an additional 6 lbs in the last month. Net loss of 28 since I started regular pre-work gym visits more than a year ago. Now if I can just shed 35 more...

• Like 1

My friends uploaded some music we did back in the day (10 or so years ago) and have really been enjoying it lately. Track 8 has such an interesting atmosphere to it.

It's a lot of fun to listen to the old stuff and hear everyone's personalities come out in the music. As well as hear how we've grown/changed.

Successfully pulled out a stuck CD from my car stereo.  My method was taking a narrow plastic spatula, wrapping a foot of packing tape around it, sticking it into the slot, hitting eject so that the CD stuck to it, then pulling it out.  If there were a chart graphing my level of satisfaction for 2019, the 3 seconds immediately proceeding this feat would be at its apex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

Researched region-free Blu-ray players over the last few weeks, then finally realized I could just share the BD-ROM drive of my Windows pc running AnyDVD over the network.

Woohoo!

Yeah I need to take advantage of Amazon bulk buys more. Just started buying my spoiled cat's gourmet food in bulk from there and I notice they do cases of A&W root beer too...

On 7/6/2019 at 7:26 AM, manmower said:

Researched region-free Blu-ray players over the last few weeks, then finally realized I could just share the BD-ROM drive of my Windows pc running AnyDVD over the network.

Woohoo!

ia that that AnyNet function u can find on tvs? 

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

ia that that AnyNet function u can find on tvs? 

Oh, no, never heard of that. I neglected to mention there's a second little HTPC involved, that has neither Windows nor an optical drive.

Got a free pizza because whoever ordered it left their house before I arrived.  Had to wait until my shift was over, in case they got in touch and still wanted their pizza.  But they did not, so it was mine all mine.