IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Recently did a whole lot of sound design and music for one of my favorite studio monitor companies and a video game I've been working on for the past 2 years is getting released on 17 days on Xbox, PS4, Switch, Mac, and PC.

Pretty excited for all of it.

• Like 2

Just made my first batch of salsa verde, from scratch. Turned out better than expected.

But now my fingers have an odd, lingering salt burn/tingle sensation. Not sure whether it's from the garlic cloves or the whole jalapeno pepper I chopped. Probably the latter.

On 9/22/2019 at 2:22 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

FWS: can rest easy now knowing I do not need a passport to travel within my own country.  Ontario tour saved!  PS who here lives in Ontario?  

Just saw this now - I'm in Ottawa.

13 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Just made my first batch of salsa verde, from scratch. Turned out better than expected.

But now my fingers have an odd, lingering salt burn/tingle sensation. Not sure whether it's from the garlic cloves or the whole jalapeno pepper I chopped. Probably the latter.

gotta be careful with chiles, theyre no joke!  and keep in mind jalapeños are on the far mild end of the spectrum.  i had a horrible experience where i accidentally brushed my eye after chopping serranos, it was the most horrible burn for 20m and i was worried it would cause eye damage but luckily it went away with time and eye drops. never again.  now when i chop chiles i always prep the space, avoid excess handling, and clean / trash the remains quickly

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 6:08 AM, Squee said:

Recently did a whole lot of sound design and music for one of my favorite studio monitor companies and a video game I've been working on for the past 2 years is getting released on 17 days on Xbox, PS4, Switch, Mac, and PC.

Pretty excited for all of it.

Let us know the name of the game when it drops? Or before if possible...

15 hours ago, markedone said:

gotta be careful with chiles, theyre no joke!  and keep in mind jalapeños are on the far mild end of the spectrum.  i had a horrible experience where i accidentally brushed my eye after chopping serranos, it was the most horrible burn for 20m and i was worried it would cause eye damage but luckily it went away with time and eye drops. never again.  now when i chop chiles i always prep the space, avoid excess handling, and clean / trash the remains quickly

real talk.

Once chopped a bunch of fresh green chillies. Washed hands thoroughly. Went for a piss. 

Turns out it wasn't a thorough hand washing as I thought.

All I did was touch the sides of my dick. Turns out that skin is just as sensitive to chilli oil.

Just now, auxien said:

woke up to the first actually cool morning of the fall, went driving around and then i grabbed a new huge gumbo pot for cheap. if anyone wants some gumbo hmu. 

Gumbo is the shiznit. Best pot I ever had was after catching spot shrimp in Prince William Sound back in 2006. So fat and buttery.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 1:14 PM, chenGOD said:

Just saw this now - I'm in Ottawa.

Dang - I haven't been checking the internets much since I flew in to Kingston.  Would've been great to meet you!  Just finished the last date (Windsor).  Now off to Barrie for a week to record my friend's band.

The biggest video game project I have ever worked on is starting to get reviews and the majority of them are positive. Phew!

I’m already working on 3 other games, and I’ve finally started using Wwise and I fucking love it. 

• Like 1

Signed a contract for a pretty sweet gig from December to July. The benefits are the worst I've ever had, but the pay is good and the best part is I can do it almost 100% location independently. Just have to show up at the office once or twice a month. So I can basically just fuck off somewhere far away and then come back for the occasional monthly or bi-monthly meeting. I'm thinking something like working a few weeks from Barcelona or Athens..

Also this contract and the previous have been more of a match to my actual degree which is applied mathematics and not just the usual code monkey grind, which is nice.

Phew, the game I've been working on an off on for the past 2 years is finally out. It's been a blast doing the sound design and music for it. So here's the launch trailer - music and sound design also by yours truly.

• Like 10

Finally able to afford a new bed. Found one that was $100 off and also came with one of those motorized adjustable bed frames for free. Back pain be gone!

• Like 1