IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I thought I was going into jury duty today so I told my job that I would be out for that. But I guess I read the instructions wrong and my number wasn't called, so I can basically slack off all week.

• Like 4
  • Burger 1

Just bought my first ever analogue synth. Korg Minilogue XD.

Didn't do any prior research really. Basically a spur of the moment. But I did specifically have a polyphonic, preferably analogue synth made by Korg in mind, and this one just so happened to fit the bill.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, auxien said:

^nice, it sounds really good from all i've heard online. did you get the keyboard version or the desktop module? 

Keyboard. Turns out the guy working at the store who sold it to me had one in his own studio. I only played with it for a few minutes while taking it for a test drive, but it was enough to convince me. And I think it has enormous potential.

• Like 1

@Squee it seems like you're really on a roll the last couple years if not more, sounds like a lot of good things are coming your way! Congrats on your success, it must be a really good feeling for all of your hard work and effort to be paying off.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 2

Your life sounds very much like my old room mate/guitarist.  He's always getting so much work doing music/sound editing for documentaries/ads and the like that he has little time left over for anything else beyond sleep... and fishing (had to fire him from my band twice because he was just too busy... but goddamn he was the perfect fit for that role).  Makes mad cash though, and gets to use his creativity for it.  I think he's pretty content too.

Ahhh, yeah that kind of makes sense.  It is one of those "I agree to do it all for X" and then you end up chiseling away to your own perfectionistic standards and realize you should have actually charged XYZ.  Been there.

Although I just get these gigs very occasionally, and then last couple have amounted to $100/hour-ish.  But if it's a bigger project rather than a one off tune, it's bound to boil down into a slave wage thing at some point.  I've definitely experienced that before.

13 hours ago, Braintree said:

FWS: My band is nearly done recording our album.

FWP: I don't have lyrics yet for the last two songs.

You think making lyrics for a song is a first world problem? You think people in the third world can't make lyrics or write songs? pretty racist tbh

8 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

You think making lyrics for a song is a first world problem? You think people in the third world can't make lyrics or write songs? pretty racist tbh

They certainly don't record them in a high quality studio very often.

I just used the blender that was gifted to my brother over a year ago and had not seen a single use to make a quite good smoothie. Then I used the auto clean setting to make it clean itself and put it back in the cupboard where it’s now probably wondering when it’ll be used again or thinking maybe that was it, a single spinach smoothie, thanks and so long. 

2 hours ago, user said:

I just used the blender that was gifted to my brother over a year ago and had not seen a single use to make a quite good smoothie. Then I used the auto clean setting to make it clean itself and put it back in the cupboard where it’s now probably wondering when it’ll be used again or thinking maybe that was it, a single spinach smoothie, thanks and so long. 

Is it one of those where you put in water and then hit pulsate in order for it to clean itself? Got one that does that as a Christmas present and it’s amazing!

2 hours ago, Squee said:

Is it one of those where you put in water and then hit pulsate in order for it to clean itself? Got one that does that as a Christmas present and it’s amazing!

Yeah, the last button says smoothie/auto clean and then it does an interval of regular blending and pulsating for about 2 minutes. 

I'm finally able to announce that Schematic is releasing a cassette release of my last album. Drops on 2/21.

There's also this video that was made for the release:

• Like 11