IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Nice! I've considered the okki nokki a couple of times but each time wasn't able to pull the trigger and have been making do with a knosti antistat. I've always wondered how viable it would be to set up some record cleaning service for the local freaks at 0,50 cts per record or so, hoping to make the okki nokki pay for itself, perhaps throw in a deluxe service where you also replace the inner sleeves or something. 

13 minutes ago, user said:

Nice! I've considered the okki nokki a couple of times but each time wasn't able to pull the trigger and have been making do with a knosti antistat. I've always wondered how viable it would be to set up some record cleaning service for the local freaks at 0,50 cts per record or so, hoping to make the okki nokki pay for itself, perhaps throw in a deluxe service where you also replace the inner sleeves or something. 

That would be a great little business!

My local record shop has an ultrasonic rcm which cost thousands, made my mouth drop when I saw it. They must be doing pretty good for themselves:happy:

Cooked my first pot of doro wat (Ethiopian chicken stew) today. Had it cooking for more than 3 hours on the stove top. You also need a f-kton of red onions to start with, depending on how much you wanna make.

And the second batch of niter kibbeh (Ethiopian ghee) I made yesterday turned out much better than last time. More balanced and refined compared to the first batch, where I went overboard with the onion and thyme. Also good in coffee, with which I like to add a bit of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.

• Like 1

due to coronavirus im on paid leave til april 1st, ive done nothing since wednesday but, play video games and my guitar, smoke weed, eat food, and go to the grocery store yesterday. this trend will probably continue through next week.

• Like 1

The save function for the Matrix 6 was exactly what I thought it would be.  Love it when technology is in sync with my intuition (so far everything on this synth is.  Yay for well designed, logical things).

On 3/22/2020 at 9:34 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Cancel that success.  Sound not saved.  FU Matrix 6.  Your logic stinks.

I rescind my cancellation - discovered a switch on the back that prevents or allows saves (this was within 5 min of that post, but I was too distracted to fulfill my watmm obligations).

• Like 1

I need to find myself a Matrix 6R, every time you mention it my heart aches a little from the one I sold.

• Sad 1

Limiters are often little bitches.  My frequent mix dilemma despite so many years experience is that despite always trying to start with tons of headroom, I always end up going into the red by the end of it, and then when I need to remedy that I've already got volume automation on everything (and for some reason no program ever has an option to just bring automated tracks down an even 2db or whatever).  Bringing the master down does nothing to bring back the headroom (just sounds squashed).  So I always have to meticulously adjust all automation accordingly. I feel like an amateur every time it happens... which is literally every time.

finally was able to find a good vibe for a remix but 

a) it's sounding almost nothing like the original (despite using a ton of samples from it)

b) i'm pretty sure i'm gonna ruin it before i actually record it

nevertheless: (temporary?) achievement unlocked

9 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Limiters are often little bitches.  My frequent mix dilemma despite so many years experience is that despite always trying to start with tons of headroom, I always end up going into the red by the end of it, and then when I need to remedy that I've already got volume automation on everything (and for some reason no program ever has an option to just bring automated tracks down an even 2db or whatever).  Bringing the master down does nothing to bring back the headroom (just sounds squashed).  So I always have to meticulously adjust all automation accordingly. I feel like an amateur every time it happens... which is literally every time.

I don’t know what you use to mix but one way to negate this automation issue in Ableton is to automate the gain on the utility plugin and leave the channel faders alone. In this case if you need to bring everything down a bit just select all faders and adjust as needed. 

• Like 1

Oh, interesting idea.  So put the utility plugin on every track that's going to have automation and use that as the volume automator.  If I were to put that on say 10 different tracks would it eat up much cpu?  I've only used that plug-in for the widening feature, and occasionally to flip a stereo signal on a sample.

10 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I have at least one utility on each audio track by default (sometimes 2 for dc offset or phase reversal at the beginning of the chain and then another one at the end for automation purposes) and haven’t noticed any increase in cpu usage on my 2014 mbp. 

• Like 1

Save for 2 minor parts and the enclosure for the device I've finished sourcing/ordering all the parts and components needed for my first non-kit electronics diy project; pcbs are printed and on their way from china, obscure specific oled screen is in shipping and other components and parts should be arriving from mouser somewhere in the near- ish future. Hopefully somewhere at the end of april I'll have a Megacommand (https://github.com/jmamma/MIDICtrl20_MegaCommand ) to unlock/control a bunch of features on the machinedrum I've been using to have self-indulgent autechresque idm wanks with the past 2 years or so. Really looking forward to building it and even troubleshooting it (saying this now...)

I'm a slow learner and have a tendency to avoid obstacles but the past year it feels like I've been finally able to see that my abilities/skills plateau for a bit and that staying with it makes it possible to move on and add the layers of depth and understanding that are needed to feel like something is actually accomplished and move onto the next plateau of frustration : )

Edited by user
  • Like 1

Just finished recording vocals for song #4 on this quarantine synth pop/industrial-ish project.  Quite excited about it.  Each song connects together, and it's all flowing very naturally.  No creative constipation so far.  Hoping that'll last long enough for it to become a full album.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:03 AM, Squee said:

My next release is about a month away. Vinyl release only and all the money will be donated to a charity that I love.

Make sure you send reminder please! Can’t wait to add to my squee collection ? will it be on unearthed again?

8 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Make sure you send reminder please! Can’t wait to add to my squee collection ? will it be on unearthed again?

I'll make a thread in the New & Upcoming Releases Forum - and yes, it'll be available on Unearthed again :)