IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

leafy clover but their store is now disabled so i'm assuming they're on hiatus until whenever this shit calms the fuck down. 

https://leafyclover.com

it was $10 though. sort of generic brand of this mask. 

Too bad... I have a white face mask that i wear in public. Only problem I have with it is sometimes wearing it my glasses fog up.

Edited by yekker

No other place to brag about this but I went on annual leave for 3 weeks just as all this stuff got serious (around the 9th of March) and I came back to work 2 days ago (prison: key worker shit) and OMG I am gonna CLEAN UP on overtime.

We're getting an extra £150 on top of our wages each month. There's an overtime scheme where we sign up to do 9hrs extra a week and we get another £1500 as a bonus at the end of 12 weeks of doing that. That's ON TOP of the overtime pay for all that overtime.

It's kinda shitty to be revelling in this when a bunch of people are getting paid 20% less because they literally can't work. But fuck me I have a money boner.

Also because so many activities have been cancelled because of the virus, there is very very little to actually do at work. It's gonna be getting a cash arse-reaming for sitting around reading books and doing a bit of art.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Make sure you bash one out each shift. Nothing like getting paid a big wage to choke the chicken ✊ ?

(nice one Guv'nor)

My line of work has also gone through the roof (but no sitting around reading books and drawing pictures), but I'm careful not to complain about this as, yes indeed, some people have bad times ahead

Edited by beer badger

5 hours ago, hello spiral said:

No other place to brag about this but I went on annual leave for 3 weeks just as all this stuff got serious (around the 9th of March) and I came back to work 2 days ago (prison: key worker shit) and OMG I am gonna CLEAN UP on overtime.

We're getting an extra £150 on top of our wages each month. There's an overtime scheme where we sign up to do 9hrs extra a week and we get another £1500 as a boners at the end of 12 weeks of doing that. That's ON TOP of the overtime pay for all that overtime.

It's kinda shitty to be revelling in this when a bunch of people are getting paid 20% less because they literally can't work. But fuck me I have a money bonus.

Also because so many activities have been cancelled because of the gyros, there is very very little to actually do at work. It's gonna be getting a cash arse-reaming for sitting around reading books and doing a bit of fart.

I think it's perfectly fine to be happy about your own situation, especially during shitty times, count your blessings and all that.

Currently surprised I still have an income and pretty chuffed about it, trying to build a small buffer at least in anticipation of the economic fallout, which I guess was gonna happen anyway at some point regardless of the cause/catalyst/accelerating factors. I was almost at the point where I'd saved up 1 month of rent and ghetto groceries but then I got drunk last night and ordered some tools and got angry and frustrated today which resulted in the purchase of over 70 uro's worth of locally brewed beers so at least I'll have another hangover when I have to go into work tomorrow.

Edited by user
stylistic syntactical grammar deviation

Yeah... I feel kind of guilty having some of my best times in a while while in isolation.  But I also have a couple friends living on the same property that I see regularly, so it's not really that isolated.    

I live demo’d me controlling a synthesiser using only my heartbeat and brainwaves tonight using a Raspberry Pi at an online Pi Jam.  Heartbeat controlling gate of notes and brain sensor controlling pitch (going up as I got more relaxed).  Getting both equipment and me to work over live video was a significant risk ?

18 minutes ago, thebotmakes said:

I live demo’d me controlling a synthesiser using only my heartbeat and brainwaves tonight using a Raspberry Pi at an online Pi Jam.  Heartbeat controlling gate of notes and brain sensor controlling pitch (going up as I got more relaxed).  Getting both equipment and me to work over live video was a significant risk ?

That sounds really interesting... do you have vids or anything by chance? I'm not v savvy with tech at this point in my life so I've never heard of anything like that before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

That sounds really interesting... do you have vids or anything by chance? I'm not v savvy with tech at this point in my life so I've never heard of anything like that before.

They’ve recorded the session so hopefully I’ll be able to post a link soon (or just stop being lazy and do a vid myself of course ?)

• Like 1

Sat & worked in the sun most of the afternoon from the garden, which was nice.

Monday curry leftovers for lunch, damn that munch just gets better the longer it marinades, then found a stash of Magnum ice things in the back of the freezer stashed by you know who you are wench.

Hoping a mate who works for the NHS gets the drive-thru COVID test being set up in town pronto. That would be a big relief for his brood & family. If we ever want a decompression lol to process shifts & work horror, he’ll anonymously regale tales of bodily fluids run amok among the diseased and the dying. Makes you appreciate what you do have during our brief tenure here.

i'm satisfied w/a track i just spent a few days mixing because the rumble in the low end was fucking things up. was recorded as a jam so was 2 stereo tracks w/all the bits and pieces. it was a bit of a battle but i won. 

• Like 1

Finally mustered up the courage to chop the keyboard off my minilogue, something I’ve been wanting to do for 2 years. The plastic casing on the bottom is everything but straight but the aluminium top came out ok, it’s a bit rough but some polishing would probably help and I don’t really mind anyway. Cut a temporary front for it out of some crappy pressed wood but it’s not really working so taped it shut, will replace it with a piece of aluminium in the future. Was quite relieved it was still working after reassembly : ) 

07C0B551-B242-4843-AECB-92B2AAFFD9B6.jpeg.13997b8f01113ad5a4ac7c2ec06cffe6.jpeg

• Like 2

Spent the better part of the day migrating my hobby stuff off an Azure VPS and onto a cheaper one, a process enormously complicated by the fact that I had decided to Dockerize all my little applications.

Now that the day is almost over I can proudly announce that this first world problem has become a first world success and I will never be able to tweak my little applications right on the server they're running on ever again.

sent an ep off to get mastered. hopefully it'll come out this month. wasn't going to release anything for a while but seems like a good window :doge:

• Like 5