IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Same! We go to great lengths to make sure we use absolutely everything in our fridge.... we meal plan 2 weeks at a time tbh. But lol what inspired you to buy durian? Yuck

I've known about it for years, and just happened to spot a frozen package of it at a local grocery store. So I bought it out of sheer curiosity.

3 hours ago, yekker said:

Next step:

Chris is a pansy with that gas mask. He needs to whiff it with his bare nostrils like a real man.

8 hours ago, timbre monke said:

Finally finished the last of the durian in my fridge, despite the naturally putrid stench. I'm not one to waste food if I can help it, so it seemed to be the most viable solution.

Never buying it again tho.

Years ago I made the mistake of buying some mangosteen, aka the most wonderful fruit in the world. They were disgusting.

The durian you bought is probably nowhere near as good as fresh either.

You’ll have to try again when you’re in SE Asia, I’m afraid.

9 hours ago, yekker said:

Next step:

"i cannot see how such a civilized nation as Sweden could produce something so vile". mostly funny and awkward but it's amazing how xenophobic a short Telegraph youtube video manages to be. there must be a hundred funnier and more entertaining ways to talk about these stinky fish, without dragging an entire nationality through that stink.

7 hours ago, timbre monke said:

I've known about it for years, and just happened to spot a frozen package of it at a local grocery store. So I bought it out of sheer curiosity.

Fair, yeah! Have to try things at least once. I’ve not tried jackfruit yet but have read it tastes somewhat similar. I’d like to buy one but they’re 20+ pounds ?

14 minutes ago, Nil said:

I'm now an Ableton Certified Trainer. 

Hide contents

How do you automate creativity?

• Haha 1

After struggling with deleting files from my phones trash folder for the longest time: downloading apps specifically for deleting and even paying full price for one of them (and it didn't work!) I discovered I can dump the recycle by going into settings of the camera app. FML!!... Feels good to figure it out though. 

Edited by yekker

• 3 weeks later...

30 month CT scan all clear. no abnormalities. so the cancer killing drug i'm on is doing its job ?

so i'm going to celebrate with some kind of food maybe. or have ice cream for the first time in months. 

fuck. i wasn't expecting any bad news but ya never know. it's nice to have that lifted. it's always a tension inducing thing as the day of CT scan/follow up appointment nears. 

i hope you lot get some good news about something soon ay... 

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

30 month CT scan all clear. no abnormalities.

so i'm going to celebrate with some kind of food maybe. or have ice cream for the first time in months.

That's Awesome News!!! Have an extra ice cream to celebrate:)

• Thanks 1

It occurred to me that if potato chip sandwiches are a thing, there's no reason pretzel sandiches shouldn't be.  So i made one with sour dough bread and hot mustard.  It was excellent.  Something about the soft dough combining with the crunch is extremely satisfying.  Very IDM texture.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

7 hours ago, dingformung said:

What about a pretzel with pretzel filling? 

dreher_bretzelparty_1-960x738.jpg

I don't know why but this pic made me laugh, Thanks:)

• Like 1

It does look a bit like the pretzel is self conscious about how disgusting (and appealing at the same time) it looks but someone is about to eat it and it makes a sort of chuffed/aw-shucks face. 

At one of my grandparent's funerals my nephew pointed out a ham sandwich that looked as if it was sticking its tongue out and I started laughing uncontrollably. Don't think I've ever been on the receiving end of as many disapproving looks since.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, user said:

It does look a bit like the pretzel is self conscious about how disgusting (and appealing at the same time) it looks but someone is about to eat it and it makes a sort of chuffed/aw-shucks face. 

At one of my grandparent's funerals my nephew pointed out a ham sandwich that looked as if it was sticking its tongue out and I started laughing uncontrollably. Don't think I've ever been on the receiving end of as many disapproving looks since.

Haha, this also made me laugh, Thanks:)

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/28/2020 at 7:40 PM, Braintree said:

I don't know. Mine was from 2013 or something. It's still a button. Has depth to it.

The keyboard from a 2017 Macbook Pro is pure fucking shit. It's a slight upgrade from trying to type on a tablet.

Got the new keyboard and it's nicer than the original Apple keyboard. Feeling good about this one. Made out of plastic, but feels a lot better.

• Like 1