IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

the last month has been & continues to be the most musically productive period of my life so far - have been working on trx the equivalent of working a full-time job, with the hours going up each week. and all it took was being unemployed + not dating + having no social life + the gym being shut down + the imminent collapse of western civilization engendering a general "leave it all on the field" mentality

Spoiler

that last sentence reads fairly sarcastcally but i actually am pretty pumped about the current phase of my life

• Like 3

Today keeps getting better and better. I just got a good review in Igloo Mag: https://igloomag.com/reviews/colin-dyer-cypher-schematic

Consequently the music featured on Cypher is transportive in a tremendous and utterly grimy—if not intoxicating—voyage to a desolate-painful continent. This frightening soundscaping eeriness enthralls the mind with a vast array of micro-noises, echoing electronic motifs and percussive obliterations.

• Like 4

Congrats Braintree. I should check out your music again, it's been a minute...

Currently coming up on 86.5 hours fasted, my longest fast in at least two years. I've been doing some variety of fasting regularly for the last 10 years or so. Pretty much exclusively eat one meal a day in general, and once a year or so I like to have a few weeks or a month where I do several multi-day fasts. (of course when I do this I have to prepare first, will usually intentionally put on some weight, stock up on electrolytes, plan to not do very much physical activity). Feels pretty good, feels like a physical reset of sorts. I mean obviously it's quite difficult as well but tbh after the first 36h it really plateaus, it's just a matter of maintaining the discipline.

Will likely break this fast today or tomorrow, and then I've got maybe one more long fast in me for this period. Dunno. My body lets me know when it's time to stop, it's a very distinct feeling. Then I just go back to eating once a day.

Edited by Cryptowen
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

^ just h2o? how strict are you about it? i do occasional fasts as well but not 80+ hrs, usually 24, maybe 48. also a long time fan of the one-meal-a-day diet.

what I actually came here to post: my moog werkstatt showed up today, and it is instant joy. :wub::wub::wub:

19 hours ago, luke viia said:

just h2o? how strict are you about it? i do occasional fasts as well but not 80+ hrs, usually 24, maybe 48. also a long time fan of the one-meal-a-day diet.

my fasting protocol is usually water + a decent amount of various knds of salt (regular, magnsium, potassium, sometimes baking soda). I'll also drink black coffee because it speeds up the autophagy effect & I find it really helps keep the energy levels up. I find (especially in colder months), after the first 24h my desire for water drops substantial as well, I think because normally much of it just goes into food digestion. So I'll have some days where I'm essentially dry fasting (I'm not too strict about this, though, I just drink water when I genuinely feel thirsty).

I've fallen into a cycle this month which corresponds to how I was eating years back before I started lifting weights: going most of a 72h period (or more) where I don't eat at all, and then having one day where I eat a few big meals over the course of a few hours, and drink a lot of fluids. I dunno why but when I'm not physically exerting myself this pattern seems much more comfortable than eating each day. Also the longer it goes on the more my sleep patterns begin to shift: I gravitate to a more polyphasic cycle, sleeping for an hour or two every eight hours or so.

It'll be interesting if the gym re-opens in a week or so. I kinda want to continue experimenting with this, but I would need to adjust my workouts accordingly. Perhaps I could position all of the heavy stuff on the day I eat, focus more on bodyweight exercises & isolations on the the second day, and then on the third day do cardio. But we'll see. Obviously when I'm working out I need to eat quite a bit more just to maintain my weight, so it might become impossible to do any more than the occassional 24 or 23h fast on my rest days.

1 minute ago, Hugh Mughnus said:
3 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I facepalmed a bully on WATMM

Me too.

??

Saying this after facepalming me is completely inappropriate. I never bully people on here.

Except when they have an ugly face, so you would be a perfect victim.

4 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Except when they have an ugly face, so you would be a perfect victim.

It’s true. I’m a butterface. The mask requirements with covid have finally allowed me to be in public with confidence because I can cover most of this heinous front facing flesh thing we call a face.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

It’s true. I’m a butterface. The mask requirements with covid have finally allowed me to be in public with confidence because I can cover most of this heinous front facing flesh thing we call a face.

First of all, what makes you think you are entitled to decide that the front part of the human head is a "front facing flesh" more than a "face"? Your idea of the body is dehumanising and ethically wrong. Please reflect on that.

• Facepalm 1