IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Just remembered this commercial I did the music and sound design for. I had so much fun working on it. Quite an artsy commercial so I tip my hat to the production company who did it.

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

On 12/26/2020 at 4:14 AM, brian trageskin said:

i just spent hours trying to install a vst, which seemed like a titanic effort since my ignorance about anything remotely technical is abysmal. i'm quite dumb if you like. for real. 

just spent hours reinstalling that thing. for some reason i got rid of it at some point and installed the latest version instead. which wouldn't run smoothly because i don't have enough RAM apparently (have i mentioned already how i know next to nothing about computers even though i've been using them for years? lol)

anyway reinstalling that shit was a nightmare but i finally did it. yay 

source.gif

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

i know next to nothing about computers even though i've been using them for years? lol

You shouldn't have downloaded that cracked VST from vstslutz.ru, bro. I'm watching you through your webcam in this second. Nice lilac underwear

• 2 weeks later...

https://everydayago.bandcamp.com/album/i-heard-the-sound-of-violence-far-off

i've been putting out one to four albums a year since 2008 & this is the first time one's made it onto a label/physical media

Spoiler

there have been some labels that have attempted this herculean task in the past but all previous efforts were hampered by massive dissociative episodes and general millenial performativity on my part

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

the records/cds i sent to a friend in berlin on october 15th arrived yesterday in fine shape. only took 5 months!  how is this an achievement? well, my packaging skills of course. on my tombstone will be "he taped up boxes well. things arrived in fine shape (also, big pp)" and i guess i'm ok with that. 

• Burger 1

9 hours ago, ignatius said:

the records/cds i sent to a friend in berlin on october 15th arrived yesterday in fine shape. only took 5 months!  how is this an achievement? well, my packaging skills of course. on my tombstone will be "he taped up boxes well. things arrived in fine shape (also, big pp)" and i guess i'm ok with that. 

I sent a box of 20 7" singles to a guy in Thailand in October which never turned up...the fact that they could still turn up is blowing my mind.

(although it the recipient was an English guy and it was getting delivered to a Thai kids school...not to get too elon musk here but I'd be fine if the obvious paedophile never receives those records)

8 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

I sent a box of 20 7" singles to a guy in Thailand in October which never turned up...the fact that they could still turn up is blowing my mind.

(although it the recipient was an English guy and it was getting delivered to a Thai kids school...not to get too elon musk here but I'd be fine if the obvious paedophile never receives those records)

from USA to anywhere over seas, everything is going via boat i think. i tracked my package and it went through beirut for some reason. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting some mixdowns from the album I recorded with my hardcore band last year (pre pandemic) and they sound sick as fuck.

• Like 1

last month i paid 70euros for electricity... this month i paid 35... just call me if you need help with your finances...

On 1/4/2021 at 5:12 AM, ignatius said:

my new blender will be here tomorrow. 

i got a blender for 20bucks... last one on the store, one of those already opened packages that someone decided not to take home after all... it grinds ice, that's how i measure if it has enough power (watts)... and it does so...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I had a job interview that went really well and they called and offered it to me about an hour later.

Fantastic news! I know just how good this feels as I'm in the same boat (start Monday). 

Congratulations!

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i haven't had a job interview in over 15 years.

...okay I guess phoning Skip inquiring about wanting to work there kind of counts, but it only consisted of "do you have google maps on your phone?  access to a charger?  are you cool with paying $60 for your delivery bags?  Okay, pick them up here tomorrow."  Is that an interview?

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

i haven't had a job interview in over 15 years.

...okay I guess phoning Skip inquiring about wanting to work there kind of counts, but it only consisted of "do you have google maps on your phone?  access to a charger?  are you cool with paying $60 for your delivery bags?  Okay, pick them up here tomorrow."  Is that an interview?

Sounds chill. I'd do something like that but I can't drive and probably couldn't pull that off using the bus ?