IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Celebrated my 21st the other day and the weather was so nice. Sat outside in the sun at a cafe with my girlfreind for breakfast, watched the simpsons movie (masterpiece), went to an indie cinema then went out for a really nice dinner and spent the whole night at the bar with lots of friends - got lots of free shots and cigarettes from strangers too which was nice.

• Like 3
  • Big Brain 1

Got two weeks off uni and I walked out my flat today in a coat expecting it to be a little chilly but to my surprise it's sunny with no wind and 23 degrees (73F) right now in february of all months. God bless the south of france.

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since new year I’ve cut my drinking by 50% which I guess is a really good thing. Saturday I had the grand total of three big bottles of Budvar, which is literally nothing compared to the old days. Sometimes I’ll just have a couple of Moscow Mules and that’s my lot. It’s a great feeling to know that I’m no longer a slave to something, being free and more human is a good vibe. I always had a faint fear that I was perhaps an alcoholic (I may of told the story of the time I went to an AA meeting, which was an eye opener and confirmation that I just had a bad habit rather than somebody who pours himself a treble scotch for breakfast). Anyway I’m quite proud of myself, so thought I’d share that ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Since new year I’ve cut my drinking by 50% which I guess is a really good thing. Saturday I had the grand total of three big bottles of Budvar, which is literally nothing compared to the old days. Sometimes I’ll just have a couple of Moscow Mules and that’s my lot. It’s a great feeling to know that I’m no longer a slave to something, being free and more human is a good vibe. I always had a faint fear that I was perhaps an alcoholic (I may of told the story of the time I went to an AA meeting, which was an eye opener and confirmation that I just had a bad habit rather than somebody who pours himself a treble scotch for breakfast). Anyway I’m quite proud of myself, so thought I’d share that ? 

Alcoholism doesnt always manifest in extreme ways like that.  The way it's diagnosed is subjective.  Basically, if you feel bad about drinking but you do it anyway then youre an alcoholic.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, user said:

De-activated my twitter account after only a month or so. That shit is toxic.

Just don't interact with anyone and only follow people you find interesting or funny. Oh and use Tweetbot so you don't see what people like and actually get things in chronological order. That's my approach and I kinda love Twitter.

On 3/1/2022 at 12:03 AM, drillkicker said:

Alcoholism doesnt always manifest in extreme ways like that.  The way it's diagnosed is subjective.  Basically, if you feel bad about drinking but you do it anyway then youre an alcoholic.

You're right about that. He definitely is an alcoholic and the way he keeps trying to convince himself he isn't by regurgitating the story about going to the AA meeting and seeing people who are worse than him is sheer denial. Deep down he knows the truth. 

54 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

There's a Simpsons movie?

Yes, the 21st Century Fox critically acclaimed 2007 motion picture featuring cameos from Green Day and Thomas Hanks.

Fun fact: There was supposed to be a Simpsons movie already in the 90s and it was supposed to have a duet between Bart and Mike Love from the Beach Boys. But the movie got cancelled and the Beach Boys went to perform the song on Baywatch.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

bought a bottle of single malt scotch yesterday, poured the content of my glass down the sink after 2 sips as it literally tasted like battery acid. 

tried it again today, turns out it's fine. i'm relieved. 

you acquired the taste overnight, congrats!

• Haha 1

Drinking is still down by more than half, 5 beers all week including Friday. Even in the warm sunny weather. Nice work (even if I say so myself) and I’m not even applying pressure to cut down, it seems to be a natural evolution. Gonna sink a few this evening though. But I’m cool with that. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

so, not an achievement but good news. CT scan last week revealed that the 1.9cm mass in my right kidney is now 2cm. it likely hasn't grown at all in the year as the 1mm is basically the width of the little click/drag tool they use to measure and is dependent on where the radiologist puts the boundary. this means that if it grows at this rate yearly it'll be 15 years or so until it's big enough to be a problem.. so no immediate surgery for me which is fuckn great because as much as i like to be blacked out on the drugs w/missing time i'm not a huge fan of going into the hospital for surgery and staying there a couple days while my divorced parents make it weird. so that's good. 

so, yearly scans to keep an eye on things and only have to keep taking medication for my other cancer.

so, maybe i have time to learn Max well enough to do something interesting with it... or at least make more tunes to flood the niche nerd dork segment of 'content' with. 

• Like 5

Delivered McDonald's to a naked woman.  I was on the porch dropping the food off, when she appeared fully visible through the huge, curtainless front windows.  We made brief eye contact, she covered her breasts, and I hurried away. Soft slap bass through a wah pedal could be heard faintly in the background.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1