IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

On 4/4/2022 at 1:28 AM, toaoaoad said:

Decided to be petty and dispute a $3 increase to my phone bill, ended up getting about $10 taken off my plan plus a data increase.  Confirms my theory that mobile rates are nonsensical and arbitrary. Half an hour of my sunday afternoon well spent.

Mine's gone up by £2 too - might be worth trying too lol

the hedge that fell over from heavy snow now has a chance to be restored. didn't take too long and so far i appear to not have strained my back while propping it back up. hopefully it doesn't collapse back over and swipe the mail carrier or worse.. a cat.  i think i have it well supported. this is today's 'big win'.  

Mkt1VbU.jpg

• Like 1

Discovered just now that I had a free meal on March 15 at a Korean bistro.  I think their debit machine was down, so they had me pay by etransfer.  But apparently they never deposited the transfer, and now it has expired, which means $20.80 has been returned to my account.  Winning!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought this at a garage sale for two bucks. It has that old school feel, it was made in 2003. Takes 2 aa batteries and came with a 2 GB card which is going to hold a hell of a lot.

20220523_211629.jpg

• Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Silent Member said:

She's a keeper for sure.

Yup!

She puts up with so much of my “memorabilia” bullshit and old toys that is placed in every single room in our house. 

On 6/18/2022 at 11:59 AM, brian trageskin said:

care to show us a pic of it?

image.png

Finally got it!

Including a whole bunch of extra stuff he added to the package. Amazing!!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I went through a phase years ago where I downloaded tons of movies and saved them to DVDs. So now I'm collecting the ones I want and putting them on an external hard drive to play on my tv. Quality is a bit crap, not as good as DVDs but better than VHS! They're around 700-800 MB a piece... It's amazing that these things will copy because they are scratched to shit. ✌️

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Squee said:

So a game I did the sound design and music for, that I can't talk about, is out on Apple Arcade today.

is sounddesign your full time job ? and why cant u talk about which game u did it for?

On 7/15/2022 at 1:00 PM, Wunderbar said:

is sounddesign your full time job ? and why cant u talk about which game u did it for?

Yeah, sound design and music.

I can't talk about it because "business". Was told about it two weeks before launch.

• Facepalm 1

Made fish (tilapia) tacos for the first time last night, and made more tonight. Seems like it's even better the second day. I don't think I could go back to any other kind of tacos again. No cheese or dairy needed for garnish - just diced tomato, red onion, garlic, cilantro, savoy cabbage, avocado, and a hint of lime juice and hot sauce. Fakin delicious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

he can't talk about it because it's shite innit

Hahaha!
Well, could be. Or perhaps the gaming industry is just being weird as always.

just tried sounding for the first time in my life. lots of safety stuff to do beforehand but i was pretty pumped up about it. was mainly just weird. it's really scary when you're actually doing it, which i guess is what makes it fun.

if i start getting aches and pains i promise i won't write tonnes and tonnes of posts. might lead to another fwp though.