IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

saw a guy with a sign that said "first they murdered 50 million babies, now they can't figure out marriage?" and passing out fliers. saw that he was about to speak to me so i took a deep breath and made the loudest, longest fart noise i could muster. what a good start to my morning.

You literally handled that in the best way conceivable.

Yup, victory. The semi-fart makes more logical sense than that guy's entire statement.

Finally installed a motion-activated flood light above the door to the storage shed at my residence. I made a mistake or two along the way, but it works, and that's all that matters now.

(Dammit I hate inadvertently starting a new page)

God, I hate those things. Whenever im walking around at night, every house burns my retina as i walk past it

made some ocremix fans butthurt today on twitter https://twitter.com/joshuatx/status/393102947610935297

i consider this a first world success because they were all nice when i replied

Seriously though, I have never liked any OverClocked ReMix track I have ever heard even though it combines two things I love: remixes and VGM. They just make looking for VGM and chiptune harder on youtube imo - prime first world problem actually. Damn nerds. Or geeks. Or whatever.

Laid down my first-ever live set tonight, thought it was going to end catastrophically, but it went super-smooth. Didn't even fuck up a single transition even though I had zero experience with live mixing. Turns out, DJing is "my kind of thing".

Of course, people didn't dance to Ae, or Aphex, or Squarepusher, or VHS Head, or you name it, but waited for the "experienced DJ" to play his four hours of 4-4 minimal 120 bpm soundalikes before they freaked out. But the three chinstrokers sitting in the corner totally appreciated my selection, which is all I was hoping for! :happy:

It was pretty easy, they had this thing ( http://www.reloop.com/reloop-jockey-3-me-2 ) hooked up to Traktor Pro. It was very intuitive. I was supposed to only play Selected Ambient Works and such, as they are easy to mix, but I ended up playing shit like VHS Head's DPP39, or Second Bad Vilbel, Nuearz's Hedonism etc ... I don't get how people can just sit there to these tracks and talk, but they clap and cheer every two minutes when the regular DJ takes out the mid frequencies on a lame-ass techno-beat and fades it back in... but that's people for you. Still lots of fun the whole thing!

Guest disparaissant

just got back a paper that i spent about 3 hours on total (for 6 pages) and the commentary starts with "elen, you write beautifully!" hot damn.

Had two sawtooth oscillators going at the same time, and as soon as I applied the ring modulator, I got a square wave. Haodafuq..

Edited by ambermonk

My new musical project is sounding fucking awesome. Stripped back Neurosis-meets-Cluster jams played with just a guitar, keyboard, drum machine and occasional vocals.

2 FWSs in the past hour:

1. I accidentally discovered the secret, definitive ending for the Reelism mod for GZDoom.
2. The actor who played the role of Abduwali Muse, the lead pirate in Captain Phillips, accepted my FB friend request.

My new musical project is sounding fucking awesome. Stripped back Neurosis-meets-Cluster jams played with just a guitar, keyboard, drum machine and occasional vocals.

Do want. Post pls. Do want to remix also.

My FWS is that everyone I'm working with right now has bonded over Creed Shreds 3: You Shit Near Me, and will say "Doo-doo pie" like Scott Stapp as a sort of conversational punctuation.

Do want. Post pls. Do want to remix also.

My FWS is that everyone I'm working with right now has bonded over Creed Shreds 3: You Shit Near Me, and will say "Doo-doo pie" like Scott Stapp as a sort of conversational punctuation.

Hoping to get a digital release out by the end of the year.. and possibly a 12" release as well, if we can get our shit together! We've written a hell of a lot of material from jams (3–4 hours worth) that we just need to edit down and learn, in order to re-record. And yeah, I'll probably try to get a remix project going as well—could be fun!

Got a Technics SL-B500 at GW today since it had it's parts intact and a manual. Figured the needle was fucked or the belt was out but $15 still seemed like a good deal.

Went home, set it up and put on a cheap record...and it played flawlessly! I'm spinning the only AFX I have (Analord 8 - xmas present from like 7 years ago) right now for the first time ever! It's even a newer Shure cartridge.

Looks like this, albeit a lot dustier...

605112-technics_slb500_turntable_mint_am

I must do this. I've got an s2 (hand-me-down from my brother). Heh, he and a friend were trying to take it off me the other night to flash a rom onto it. Shoulda let them, but i wanted to back up first and look up which was the best, you know, procrastinate for long enough that you then don't get around to it.