IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

i was at a pack every two days. i decided to cut down on wednesday. only had five cigarettes since then, both times was drinking. also had two days without smoking at all. i think i can do this.

Guest jasondonervan

While driving on to the motorway/freeway/highway at lunch earlier, I looked to my right to join the lane and saw an original VW camper van laden up with stuff (probably headed to Glastonbury - they were going in the right direction). Sat in the passenger seat was a person wearing a chimp mask, giving me the thumbs up. For reasons I can't explain, I returned a thumbs up back, to which the aforementioned chimp was delighted, visibly bouncing up and down and turning to the driver to explain how his attempt at highway communication had been successful.

So I didn't intend to make someone happy today, but for a brief moment, I apparently did.

yeah i like road user interaction. I smile at people if they glance my way, or nod or steering wheel wave if they look up for it. Mostly people see it as a sign of weakness or subservience so don't respond. Or perhaps it's the case that they wouldn't want to communicate with a chubby jew looking object. Then maybe it's out of their frame of reference to have someone smile at them, so they don't know what to do in return. Or perhaps they're just a little slow, so i'm long gone by the time they process what just happened.

Still though it's nice when people reciprocate. A pleasant shift away from normal.

Guest jasondonervan

Back in December, I had to pay a customs charge of just under £120, which was ridiculously exorbitant for the item being delivered. However, at the time I had no choice but to pay to have it released. I went through the appeal process, and had to gather up a whole bunch of evidence to support my claim that whichever over-zealous customs officer who was being made redundant the day they handled my parcel was off their cheese-box.

Fast forward the best part of half a year to a point where I'd long forgotten/given up hope of seeing anything back, and then completely out of the blue I received a letter in the post today from the Border Force. They apologised for the late reply, and spelled out how much duty should have been requested... £8.75. They're sending me a corrected refund to the tune of £110 in the next 30 days. Not bad, eh?

*minor faith in the system marginally restored*

Guest jasondonervan

Fucking amazing !! Well done for having beaten the beaurocracy.

Certainly put a smile on my face :emotawesomepm9:

my first night playing online poker, i put in 25 dollars to a 4 hour tournament and im currently in the last three, with third place paying out 200 dollars, second 500 odd and first 800. and im not losing.

I only found out yesterday that David Grubbs released a new album in April :yeah:

Though it does involve a fwp, as checking to see if he was gonna play over here anytime soon I discovered he already had in June :cry:

Had my first night out with people at my new work on Friday and it went pretty well.

I get so fucking nervous over the most rediculous things. My stomach makes me constantly want to vomit for the few hours before I get to something different. It must be a known problem. Idk, maybe not.

Anyway, yeah I may have secured an exciting future with someone :wink:

I get so fucking nervous over the most rediculous things. My stomach makes me constantly want to vomit for the few hours before I get to something different. It must be a known problem. Idk, maybe not.

Yeah, anxiety fucks me up like that too. I'm slowly learning to just push through it though. I find that I get super nervous before doing something but when I'm actually doing it I'm fine.

my strawberries and rhubarb are gone for the season. Right now i'm picking spinach/romaine/basil daily before it gets too hot and goes to seed. Waiting on tomatoes/peppers/eggplant/squash/melon. My back hurts.

my strawberries and rhubarb are gone for the season. Right now i'm picking spinach/romaine/basil daily before it gets too hot and goes to seed. Waiting on tomatoes/peppers/eggplant/squash/melon. My back hurts.

you sound more green fingered than me, i'm just getting into it when/if i have time.

:soiled high five:

is that apple? strawberry rhubarb is my favorite pie but apple is a strong second.

Actually Japanese sweet potato (a bit sweeter than the American) and apple.

In the interest of fairness, the crust was from Whole Foods, but was still delicious.

And Usagi, have no fear ;]

Yeah, anxiety fucks me up like that too. I'm slowly learning to just push through it though. I find that I get super nervous before doing something but when I'm actually doing it I'm fine.

<tangent>

I think I'm better than I used to be but it just bugs me. Wrong thread I know. Funnily enough I get more nervous at going out on occasions than I did at my last interview for which I got the job.

Fuck knows :shrug:

I'll stop now

</tangent>

you sound more green fingered than me, i'm just getting into it when/if i have time.

:soiled high five:

This is my 3rd summer at it. I'm kind of lucky, the rhubarb patch, apple, & pear tree have been there for 100yrs from when my great-gramps came over from Norway and settled. The rhubarb pops up bigger every year, and seems to move around some. The soil is also very rich, so as a beginner I had a lot of good to work with. I'd like to invest in some outdoor speakers. It's crazy how electronic music goes so well with getting ones hands & feet in the dirt. I always seem to accidently rip my earbuds out pulling weeds or something. No bigger pain than trying to get that back in with dirty hands.