IGNORED

[new label] 2ism Recordings

Guest Grim on Mbient

Guest Grim on Mbient
I'm thrilled to announce my brand new label called 2ism Recordings!! The first release by Benign & Roy Hessels - Ego will be released on the 12th of April!

Check out our teaser song here:

Listen on
and Last.fm

An all-embracing and precise review about the entire release is to be found here.

Whilst you are listening to the first song, you might as well want to take some time to read what 2ism Recordings is about and what we have to offer.

In today's music scene, it is very hard for a label and artists to stand out of the crowd. With today's tools everyone with a computer can create music. In the past decades, this has caused a whirlwind of new artists in the already crowded and ever growing (electronic) music-industry.

So, where do we come in and why do we stand out? It's all in the name 2ism, as in two-ism. This should be taken very literally given everything we do, is done in pairs: the music is created by 2 artists and so is the artwork.

The collaboration between 2 artists makes it very special; how will the collaboration turn out? Can the style of each artist still be recognized? Did they blend into a new musical entity? All these factors form a thrilling journey!

This label strategy triggers artists to think outside of their own comfort zone. Define a vision for the combined work, identify each other's strengths and ultimately rely on those strengths and each other's capacity to create something fresh and original. It entices to create a whole instead of a collection of songs.

The first release is the work of Roy Hessels who is living in Utrecht, The Netherlands and Benign (Pieter Van Bochaute) living in Brussels, Belgium.

They produced their album over the course of a year. Although it was kind of logic with modern technology that they would have created the album over the Internet, Roy and Pieter also visited each other to compose several songs.

For more background information about the label and artists, please go to www.2ismrecordings.com.

Preview track is great; I can hear a myriad of influences in this music and its classily and expertly assembled! As you're no doubt aware the main obstacle to surmount will be distancing the label from its BoC album namesake; thus far, thankfully, the music seems to speak for itself.

Guest Grim on Mbient

I am a huge fan of your mixes that you have on the web Grim, ...and the track is great mostly the second half of it :wink:

Thanks Muflontillah, always great to get some appreaciation. :)

Preview track is great; I can hear a myriad of influences in this music and its classily and expertly assembled! As you're no doubt aware the main obstacle to surmount will be distancing the label from its BoC album namesake; thus far, thankfully, the music seems to speak for itself.

The name is the only slight reference, not the music. I tried to think of other names that express the significance of this collaboration label, but always came back to this one.

Archived