IGNORED

My jazz group's cover of Turquoise Hexagon Sun (live)

Guest minorsix

Guest minorsix

I dug it.

I would say that maybe your guitar player is a bit too "Santana" for my taste.

Haha, interesting. I'll have to make sure not to pass that on to him.

I dug it.

haha

maybe buy him an archtop instead of the solid-body rock guitar (my guess: Epiphone Les Paul custom?) that he's playing

dock his pay anytime he graces up to a note

dock his pay anytime he plays the dorian mode

Guest minorsix

I dug it.

haha

maybe buy him an archtop instead of the solid-body rock guitar (my guess: Epiphone Les Paul custom?) that he's playing

Well we're just college kids, so there's no paying involved. Actually he plays a hollow body, I think it's a Gretsch.

Gracing might have potential for being cheesy, but there's no way we can ditch the dorian mode. It's the best one. Note my user name. A minor chord with a major 6th on top is what characterizes the dorian mode, and I don't think it gets much more beautiful than that IMO.

Not to mention, if you don't dig dorian, you can forget about Sunshine Recorders, Dawn Chorus (especially this one), Amo Bishop Roden, to name a few.

But I know yer mostly jokin :biggrin:

Guest Lucy Faringold

excellent share, Minorsix. Nice momentum. Great keys! I thought the guitar worked well. Sounds like you guys are having fun.

Thanks!

I dug it.

haha

Well we're just college kids, so there's no paying involved. Actually he plays a hollow body, I think it's a Gretsch.

Gracing might have potential for being cheesy, but there's no way we can ditch the dorian mode. It's the best one. Note my user name. A minor chord with a major 6th on top is what characterizes the dorian mode, and I don't think it gets much more beautiful than that IMO.

Not to mention, if you don't dig dorian, you can forget about Sunshine Recorders, Dawn Chorus (especially this one), Amo Bishop Roden, to name a few.

But I know yer mostly jokin :biggrin:

yeah i am mostly joking

I love to get my dorian mode on as much as the next guy

(unless the next guy is McCoy Tyner ammarite yes ammarite)

btw since I have ocdberjers I should mention "Sunshine Recorder" is def not dorian it's an Emin to Gmin/ Bb type of thing

nor is "Amo Bishop Roden" if you consider the first chord of the sequence as the tonic...which is how I hear it and how I assume most people hear it.

cheers

LL

Guest minorsix

Is there any thorough resource on the net for BOC transcriptions, changes etc?

Not that I know of, though I'd be happy to transcribe one for you if you have a specific request. Or you could try to do it yourself--it's hard the first few times but it's a good musical exercise.

Archived